Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Front-End GameEx prepares something Very important

Sir Cyrano

KrillCaz

Watching that GameEx preview really accentuated how much potential Hyperspin has. It sucks that the development will remain stagnate indefinitely... I'm thinking about starting an open source project with a couple of my friends. We are going to replicate Hyperspin, and add the features which were promised on the "Hyperspin 2.0" thread years ago and more much needed features which have been requested.

i would like to help you out with it freind

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GameEx Evolution look like HS with posibility add themes and art box and wheels, ie, have the same appearance. I think it has already surpassed HS

Here are some of the new features coming to GameEx Evolution

- GameEx Online (game info, video streaming, pictures, e-Books, configuration all from your browser or mobile device)

- Shaders (effects including scan lines)

- Transitions (many transitions included)

- Animation (keyframe animation support)

- Gif and Swf rendering support

- 3D Models (including animated models)

- Bitmap Fonts (with gradients, strokes & shadow support)

- AddOns (compiled dll’s with the ability to use the rendering engine)

- Scripting (C# or VB.NET editor)

- Layout Editor (for customising your theme)

- Modern new default theme with HTPC or Arcade version (4:3 or 16:9)

- Rotation and split screen support (with vertical and horizontal themes)

- Coverflow display (with various view modes)

- SubLayouts (layouts within layouts)

- Command.dat support

- Support for rendering HyperSpin themes (natively with no conversion necessary)

is time to see something new in Hyperspin, maybe we will bring DJVJ something new and dazzling with Hyperspin 2.0. I find it strange that no product reviews miss around here. see the light Hyperspin 2.0 or 1.4?

I have nothing to do with HS nor its development. So I'm not sure why you would say that.

Sent from my Samsung S3 using Tapatalk

Lol yup. I figured what the heck. I'm getting ready to start a 55" arcade and I haven't decided what I want in it. I do know it will be a hybrid arcade/entertainment center with ps4, P'S3, original xbox, wii, xbmc and my current setup. Also with driving wheel, gun's, wireless controllers, arcade joysticks.

Sent from my SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Lol yup. I figured what the heck. I'm getting ready to start a 55" arcade and I haven't decided what I want in it. I do know it will be a hybrid arcade/entertainment center with ps4, P'S3, original xbox, wii, xbmc and my current setup. Also with driving wheel, gun's, wireless controllers, arcade joysticks.

Sent from my SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Plans! I wish I had more spare time to finish them ;-)

HS pretty much does everything I need for an arcade machine, but I'm gonna try it out when it's available. If it uses all of the existing HS themes, art, etc, then that'll be awesome and the extra bells and whistles will be great for a home theatre PC/Steambox.

Hi - Some of you may recognize me from the GameEx forums. I just want to say that won't be another 6 months. Tom and Headkaze are working feverishly to get the final programming bits and polish in Evolution.

The most frequent question about the countdown timer - Was it to announce the release of GameEx Evolution? The short answer: No. Longer answer: It was never announced to be or intended to be for the release. It was to build excitement and make the community aware of the upcoming changes. The release will be soon but the date has not been released.

There have been some concerns expressed here and elsewhere about importing of HyperSpin themes and content. I will assure you that no themes or content will be part of this release and the author will not be sending raiding parties over to gather the same :viking:. This feature is all about allowing the user choices. There are some HyperSpin members that may want to kick the tires or use the frontend for other projects. It is the goal of Evolution in this area to allow them to use the artwork that they have spent many hours creating and tweaking.

Some of you may be willing to share your content with our community at the GameEx forums (which would be quite awesome!) and you are invited to join our forums and do so. For those not willing, we will respect your wishes and encourage the GameEx members to show the respect that is desired and deserved. Many of us have great respect for the efforts of the HyperSpin community to create some of the most awesome content and will ask permission.

It is my sincerest hope that our communities will work together more for the greater benefit of the retro-gaming community. I see lots of opportunity for cross-frontend projects going forward. I hope that others will see this as well.

Mike

Hi Draco1962...will GameEx support/display themes in exactly the same way that HS does, whether they're built in Flash or using the native Hypertheme approach? And will they work across multiple resolutions (ie resampled dynamically)

I can't answer with certainty as I have only seen some limited demo work. Headkaze or Tom can probably provide more details. What I have seen looks great, however. There will be some notable differences as the authors are not trying to recreate HyperSpin (i.e., the joystick animation will not be present, and other things of that nature). It will support 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratios and SWF rendering, so definitely with Flash.

Thankyou Draco for your succinct explaination of our position over at the GameEx forums. I just want to say that I have the utmost repsect for BadBoyBill and team. Evolution is by no means an attempt to take any of your hard work away. But we are here to share and I think media, such as the HS themes, can be used in a way to benefit us all. I am sure BBB and associates are working towards something. Hopefully we can provide something great in the mean time.

Hi, I just wanted to chime in so you can hear it from the authors mouth. We are definitely not trying to steal anything but like it or not we are providing "options", sorry.

However, we will definitely not be encouraging folks to upload HS related media to us but keep it where it belongs right here. My goal is to play as fair as is humanly possible and not take one little thing away from the wonderful thing that is happening here.

PS: I also apologise for the posts by me and my team here. Although we are promoting our product elsewhere our goal here is only to tell you the facts but still, apologies.

I agree that healthy competition is good for everyone. I love HS but always open to the idea of new products. There are always choices and compromises to make. HS for me set a high standard so for me to move from HS the competition would have to offer something not already available. I think that the promise of something new and exciting has everyone interested. That is good. As always the proof is in the pudding and the devil is in the detail...

Archived