Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Front-End GameEx prepares something Very important

Sir Cyrano

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who starts a timer that far ahead lol, most will forget about it. Normally its used to drum up excitement a few days ahead of time.

I agree, but like Brolly I'll be watching this closely as well. Now that Hyperlaunch is compatible with Game ex, this can be promising.

It beats waiting for some random announcement that 2.0 is out, at least there is a set date ;).

I've been tempted to try GameEx before since I'm not a cab user and it seems catered more towards PC players, but doing artwork for HS and seeing the end results seems a lot more enjoyable. Plus learning a whole other frontend sounds daunting. Might give it a try though when this update comes around, just to see what it's like.

I've been tempted to try GameEx before since I'm not a cab user and it seems catered more towards PC players, but doing artwork for HS and seeing the end results seems a lot more enjoyable. Plus learning a whole other frontend sounds daunting. Might give it a try though when this update comes around, just to see what it's like.

Supposedly game ex is cake compared to HS.

I agree, but like Brolly I'll be watching this closely as well. Now that Hyperlaunch is compatible with Game ex, this can be promising.

It beats waiting for some random announcement that 2.0 is out, at least there is a set date ;).

I was unaware hyperlaunch is compatible with it. Do you by chance have any link for that?

RL+ is not tied to any FE, it will work with anything that can send CLI as a launch sequence, which afaik, is every FE out there.

During beta, one user tested gameex support and got it to work rather easily, also xbmc was tested and worked fine too.

YES!! PLEASE SOMEBODY UPDATE HS, EVEN WITH SIMPLE OPTIONS TO THE WHEEL...PLEASE!!!

Please, something...anything...Do I really have to use GameEx or XBMC instead of HS to accomplish my end goal? Why do we call this HyperSpin then? Am I a member of an Arcade cab FE site or a member of an Epic FE site where the main application extends to all mediums? In short, I'm looking for the total package that doesn't look like an arcade machine and I still want to use HS.

Zero Dreams = HTPC

ps...HyperLaunch is the best thing since milk met cookies.

Only 174 days to go!!!!

But seriously, don't forget newer is not always better. Lets wait to see what is released before we start saying HS obsolete...... It has been years since we had a major update and the software still stands up to anything out there.

However, I would be very surprised if this new project isn't heavily influenced by HS. Why make such a big deal about it if you weren't going to take on the 800 pound gorilla.

I would be very surprised if this new project isn't heavily influenced by HS. Why make such a big deal about it if you weren't going to take on the 800 pound gorilla.

Completely agree and this seems to be a great sneaky way to drop a new HS on us but I doubt it. Not making any big deals over anything here, just voicing my little opinion on current software. No...I don't have the skills to improve HS but it so happens the 800 pound gorilla is still on my TV in my living room, sitting there saying feed me... updates... please. But I can't feed it updates. It keeps asking me for menus and search functions..... AND I CAN'T GIVE IT TO HIM!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

With new features like hyperpause being added I don't understand the complaints about HS not being updated. New features are being slowly but surely implemented. We can now use mp4s, view game guides on the fly, etc. Yes, there are kinks to work out, but considering what it does for free99 I'm happy.

Let me clarify a little more.

HyperSpin & HyperLaunch are two separate entities correct? One application (HyperSpin) is your browser and the other application (HyperLaunch) is your launcher. The launcher has seen massive improvements and I am thoroughly satisfied with the launcher (HyperLaunch). The browser (HyperSpin) has been updated and I am extremely grateful for that but I'm gearing my statements towards the obvious fact that the current browser lacks an interface. I also presume this would be the same reasoning that there is talk of GameEx and XBMC being used with HyperLaunch right here on the forums.

Decide if you will to say that I am complaining about HyperSpin but I'm just stating what I see in what I use. I'm not complaining actually but rather desperately requesting features be added to it that I can't do. The features I speak of aren't insane ideas either and I believe the implementation of them wouldn't be too difficult. Even if things are way way harder to implement that I ever expected...it would be nice to know there's a possibility of any of them happening.

Anyone can say what they like but personally I would like to use the HyperSpin application as my game & movie browser with an on-screen menu system. If that's too much to ask for I would love the traditional list view.

OR...............................sorry for free thinking and complaining, I love HS :)

Archived