Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

New Website - What Works and What Doesn't

Circo

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 hours ago, JoyStickKilla said:

Have to be honest. Prefer the previous layout to this.

No kidding.  I finally got used to the last layout, and before that I liked the original layout a lot also.  Change is good, but change is also annoying sometimes.  There's nothing wrong with sticking with something that works.  Unless there was a reason to switch, like bigger download size or something.  This sort of feels bloated and bulbous lol.  I can't figure out how to describe it, but oh well, we'll get used to it like the others.  Just doing layout changes won't really further Hyperspin much though unfortunately.

Switching to different forum boards has it's advantages & disadvantages. You have to use it a while to see if it works out for you. Both previous boards had some flaws and the new one has been in use over at EmuMovies for a while now. My guess is this is more powerful and has less quirks than the previous one and it has worked out over there.

This of course is not an attempt to keep HyperSpin 'fresh' or 'alive' or anything. 

23 minutes ago, agent47 said:

The site seems super slow today, it's taking well over a minute to load pages. Tested on multiple PCs and browsers.

I agree. For me it has been slower from the start of the new site, but extra so today.

Another thing I'm seeing is that there is a menu in the top bar that's called "More", this comes and goes for me, right now invisible, if it's there and I click it it disappears?

But site is looking good, just needs some getting used to, and bug-ironing...

10 minutes ago, Circo said:

Chat is back

awesome, even that there are now everyone inside this chatroom, and not the added friends. but this will be the next step. I am happy with everything regarding the chat thing :-)

the speed issue is well annoying as well. I am absolutely sure you guys are working hard on such things in the background. Now it takes more than a minute to load a thread or anything else I click on

I think I fixed the speed issue.  I had the whole site running under SSL, now it's just the store.  Plus I had chat configured wrong but the slowdowns started before that.  I still have some work to do on the chat system, soon you will have to be following someone to see them in private chat

On 11/3/2016 at 3:53 PM, Yeuxkes said:

I'm missing a link somewhere to hyperlist. And the links on hyperlist need updating to the new forum too.

The forums are looking great! Nice job admin team!

It's now on the downloads dropdown

4 minutes ago, THK said:

Is there a way to just press the annoying cookie message (thanks Dutch government) just the ones and have it not show up after signing in in the future?

I just trashed it :) Is the like button any better?

2 minutes ago, Circo said:

Is the like button any better?

Are we on FaceBook now? :shok:

I hate those thumbs all over the internet nowadays. Also, giving negative feedback with 1 button push seems to be something we should avoid.

I'd say just keep it the way we had with the 1up buttom image JSinn will make

Just now, THK said:

Are we on FaceBook now?

I hate those thumbs all over the internet nowadays. Also, giving negative feedback with 1 button push seems to be something we should avoid.

I'd say just keep it the way we had with the 1up buttom image JSinn will make

Let me make a few tweaks not sure I can get it to use his button

Archived