Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Demul not going to Fullscreen in Hyperspin

badboo

Hi,

I was trying my Sega Dreamcast collection last night and when I load a game through Rocketlauncher, it runs fine, but when I load the game (or any dreamcast game) through hyperspin, it runs in window mode and the window is hidden behind the bezel, so I have to press alt+enter to set to full screen but it goes over the bezel. Also when I want to exit a game, the esc key doesn't exit the game.... again, when is through rocketlauncher everything is fine.

I am at the office, so I don't know if a log is needed to submit now.

P.S. I have  had running my sega dreamcast system for almost 2 years and never had this issue before so I was pulling my hair, last night, trying to figure it out :unknown:

A different question to the topic, what emulator do you guys prefer to use for dreamcast? just in case I have to use a plan B.

Well, I had to switch to NullDC. Is not my favorite but I am not getting that annoying windowed mode on hypespin.

The only thing I am not getting to work well is the reshade on NullDC. I read it is something related to the Z-buffer but still not working.

• 6 months later...

@MetalzoicI will check but I think it is one of the latest ones. I am using win10 too, RL updated as well.

I don't know the reason but it was working for a long time since I started using hyperspin, then one day just started this issue. As far as I remember, I didn't change anything to the module.

@goofersyou mean the Demul screen goes behind the bezel? because that is what is going on with me. It is pretty much the issue exposed on the RL forum:

http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/showthread.php?1638-DEMUL-Full-screen-AHK-script-help

I asked over there too, but I think is not very active there.

I tried using NullDC but now is crashing, anyway I don't like that emulator, I prefer Demul but I don't know why it goes behind the bezel, unless I press ALT+Enter then it shows up over the bezel. If I run from RL directly, it works perfectly.

I don't know what is the problem with hyperspin.

I just updated the demul version to build date OCT/2017 and still the same :( 

I even deactivated the bezel and yes, it goes fullscreen and seems to be ok, but when I try to exit, I have to do ctrl+alt+del to close emulator :( 

What I can tell is a conflict with the hyperspin frontend, because when I run it on RL only, it works well.

10 hours ago, badboo said:

I just updated the demul version to build date OCT/2017 and still the same :( 

I even deactivated the bezel and yes, it goes fullscreen and seems to be ok, but when I try to exit, I have to do ctrl+alt+del to close emulator :( 

What I can tell is a conflict with the hyperspin frontend, because when I run it on RL only, it works well.

Something else is going on, then... HS really has nothing to do with RL. If it works in RLUI it should work just fine when launching via HS.

On 10/28/2017 at 9:45 AM, goofers said:

Strange eh I gave up with HS and ended up just using RL to boot games, which defeats the purpose of having HS it's needing a good update starting to get annoying now.

I feel that way too. It is so annoying. The weird thing is it use to work properly for a long time and suddenly this happens and I have tried whatever I can to fix it. 

On 10/28/2017 at 10:10 AM, griffin518 said:

Something else is going on, then... HS really has nothing to do with RL. If it works in RLUI it should work just fine when launching via HS.

Yes, you are right, except in this case for me (or a few people). I think some of the HS settings files may be corrupted (due to what  I mentioned above), but I don't know which one would be.

Thanks for your comment @agent47, I see that this case could be considered almost as isolated, as there seem to be only a few people with this.

It is not the end of the world, of course,  it still works somehow. I see if I  find a way to leave as before, maybe deleting and creating some setting files for the Sega Dreamcast, as I believe its files have been corrupted.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

I have this issue with the nov/2017 version. It works fine with RLUI but it stays in windowed mode and lose focus with HS.

I don't use any bezels or whatsoever.

I tried editing the .ahk file by adding a command ( KeyUtils.Send("!{Enter}") ), it works, Demul goes to fullscreen with HS (and so, switchs to windowed with RL) but HS stills have the focus. I have to manually catch the focus.

edit:problem solved. I have just increased value at line 449 in the .ahk file : TimerUtils.Sleep(1000) to TimerUtils.Sleep(2500), also KeyUtils.Send("!{Enter}") is no longer required for switching to fullscreen.

Oh, I guess my comment was deleted on the previous outage. Well, if I remember what I said is that I built a new PC for the Arcade cabinet I am working on. If I am not wrong, I tried Demul though hyperspin and it was working well on  a fresh installed windows 10. 

So if that happens again, I will come back to this coment.

Thanks @tancrede987

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Not tried it myself yet as predominantly I'm on Android with the Shield TV but... 

On PC, RetroArch has a Reicast core for Dreamcast and Naomi. Atomiswave games converted to Naomi work with it too. 

Might be worth you guys checking it out if you're having issues with demul and nulldc

Archived