Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Can Anyone Tell Me Where To Find Genre Themes?

LevoStone

Hi all, I have spent the night going through site after site trying to find Hyperspin Genre Themes, So far all I have found is a Light Gun Games one, I even bought (again) access to Emumovies FTP in the hope they might have some but so far no luck.....Maybe I just missed something or haven't typed something in correctly but can anyone help me out here or point me in the right direction please??

• 3 weeks later...

what everyone is trying to tell you is that Hyperspin does not support genre themes.

the images you see when you press "G" (while scrolling through a system) is a static image.

the only way you can add Genre themes to Hyperspin, is by adding the Genre system to your main menu.

Wait wait wait... can someone please break this down a bit for me? I just spent like an hour creating a bunch of themes using genre's and am not seeing what I want to happen.
Found this thread looking for answers...

I have, for example, a Nintendo wheel.
In that wheel I setup a few 'genres' as such:

Nintendo Entertainment System (English Games)
Nintendo Famicom (Japanese Games)
Nintendo Famicom Disk System (FDS Games)
Hacks
Unlicensed
Prototypes

When I push the 'genre' button it pulls up a black page with the titles of each genre. I planned to set a basic image here as sort of a 'default' 'theme'.
Then I wanted to have it, when I chose say... Nintendo Famicom, have it pull up a default theme specific to that 'genre' with the famicom's colors instead of the NES.

It sounds like you guys are saying that some, or maybe all, of that isn't possible. Please tell me I'm wrong lol

I don't use the genre button on my cab so i didn't know it precisely. 

The genre button doesn't support theme, they only show a image as background but not a fully theme like the other wheel. so if you have created a theme (with background and artwork and compressed in a zip file) actually you can't use it, you need to edit to use a single image...

i'm trying to create a lightgun theme since i planned to make a specific wheel for the "MAME light gun games" in that case i can use a theme with no problem, the other games are sorted by manifacturer: Atari Classic, Campcom Classic, etc...

I tried to do something similar to what you did

I don't like to clutter up my main wheel so I decided to:

delete all the MAME genre XMLs and add all my "Manufacture Classics" collection to my Genre wheel in MAME.

I added all the pre built Classics Themes but found out that you can only use static images for Genre screens.

• 1 year later...
29 minutes ago, hErTz said:

I found this thread, wondering if this was possible, to have genre system and default themes would be amazing! 

It's still the case that the HyperSpin genre function doesn't support themes but uses a static image as the background.

I would assume you could setup nested wheels with the 3rd party app and perhaps make genres that act as their own wheels but I haven't seen it done and haven't been down that road myself.

I've made some genre packs for Mame, SNES and Genesis/MegaDrive if you want to check those out. There will probably be an update to the Mame one sometime in the future to add a bit more to it and make it easier to setup.

49 minutes ago, Rowr14 said:

It's still the case that the HyperSpin genre function doesn't support themes but uses a static image as the background.

I would assume you could setup nested wheels with the 3rd party app and perhaps make genres that act as their own wheels but I haven't seen it done and haven't been down that road myself.

I've made some genre packs for Mame, SNES and Genesis/MegaDrive if you want to check those out. There will probably be an update to the Mame one sometime in the future to add a bit more to it and make it easier to setup.

Those are great, thanks for the info.

Archived