Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Future Of Hyperspin

Gothicplsur

Hello fellow Hyperspinners, So I have this thought or Question or suggestion or all of the above. Has an outside software developer ever came to the DEVs of Hyperspin wanting to step in but not or maybe take over the project, add to the existing software, update, or bring new fresh ideas to an already awesome piece of software. Would there be any DEVs even considering letting an outside source take over? I know there has been talk for years of a possible Version 2.0. Maybe some company or person would take Hyperspin under their wing and bring the hype back. I would be all for that. I've been a long time member here and user of Hyperspin, I've tried some of the other front ends and nothing out there is even close in my opinion to Hyperspin. Anyway, that was my thought, I just don't want to see a great front end lose it's fire. Thanks for reading.

I see Agent47 is always willing to reply to any Hyperspin related post than lots of doubts or help he could have replied, even from my own posts in RocketLauncher, that's sad, you should move on, man, since it's all dead to you, why bother?
I respect that you're caring the torch on RL, so focus on that alone.

Like I said before in other posts, people don't seem to realize that is not only HS forums or software that stalled in the last few years, I won't even mention what happened in 2020 to further add to that.
In 2015 all the retro community was on fire, RocketLauncher itself updated almost weekly.
Libretro, Emumovies, RocketLauncher and emulator developments aren't in their best days, check those and compare to what was in 2010 to 2017. And I'm not mentioning Patreon backed emulators, that's a different story.

Discord is making the forums seem deserted now, there are people posting new HS projects and media there alone.

Hyperspin is dead is a realistic response. Last update for flash has been released. Flash is old technology and is being retired. I not sure why some people get upset with agent47s responses to stuff. Nothing he posts is inaccurate.

Bottom line if you are planning on using hyperspin accept it for what it is today as that is all it will ever be, as far as I can tell. If you are looking for something more modern, look elsewhere for a front end.

Happy holidays all! Game on!

Realistic, yeah, I never said otherwise.
In any case, I'll attach the following, I removed his avatar just because it's a PM and haven't asked permission to do so.

image.thumb.png.3523fd6eadb997ced3f60e3f4f42a4cf.png

When people complain or post anything like the OP, I never said people doesn't have options, nor I see others implying that.
With the above message, I'm not even saying anyone should hope for anything, if the day comes, fine, if not, we'll live.

Ok I’m going to be very clear that I want an update as much as the next guy. We have been waiting for an update for about a decade true. I’m not a dev however I speak to them often. There is work being done, I’ve seen it with my own eyes and even tested some things. Now that they are all married now lol things can get back to normal. This year has changed some things obviously, everyone has their own lives. They know flash is getting retried and they are accounting for that is all I can say. There will be an update at some point soon. Hyperspin isn’t broken, sure it has its problems but there are work around galore to make it all happen super sweet. The fact that we are still talking about hyperspin after like 20 years with very few updates is impressive to me. Yes the forum is dying as it’s old tech, discord is where it’s at. There is an official page and I have a discord as well dedicated to hyperspin and emulator stuff. I’ll post the links below but the community is very much alive, you can count on that however they are all disbanded to various locations lol

Agent, we get it you're disappointed, but you've been a broken record for years now. The thread was already flowing in other directions, your opinions were already noted in other threads.

If you have any other interesting and productive content or knowledge to share, feel free to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

if its dead, then whats the alternative? i am building a 100% new all in one cabinet, and as far as I can tell this is still the best option. So im either wrong, and theres a better option out there, or im right, and by virtue of fact that this is still the only system that can really operate as a front end for an all in one arcade, its still relevant. 

Very keen to hear if I am wrong so I don't spend too much time setting everything up with HS

if its dead, then whats the alternative? i am building a 100% new all in one cabinet, and as far as I can tell this is still the best option. So im either wrong, and theres a better option out there, or im right, and by virtue of fact that this is still the only system that can really operate as a front end for an all in one arcade, its still relevant. 
Very keen to hear if I am wrong so I don't spend too much time setting everything up with HS

I just moved to Launchbox and can’t be happier.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro

On 12/12/2020 at 1:42 PM, Aorin said:

I see Agent47 is always willing to reply to any Hyperspin related post than lots of doubts or help he could have replied, even from my own posts in RocketLauncher, that's sad, you should move on, man, since it's all dead to you, why bother?
I respect that you're caring the torch on RL, so focus on that alone.

Like I said before in other posts, people don't seem to realize that is not only HS forums or software that stalled in the last few years, I won't even mention what happened in 2020 to further add to that.
In 2015 all the retro community was on fire, RocketLauncher itself updated almost weekly.
Libretro, Emumovies, RocketLauncher and emulator developments aren't in their best days, check those and compare to what was in 2010 to 2017. And I'm not mentioning Patreon backed emulators, that's a different story.

Discord is making the forums seem deserted now, there are people posting new HS projects and media there alone.

You say it's sad regarding Agent47 bitching about Hyperspin all the time.... I say it's embarrassing.

If you hate Hyperspin so much Agent47, then stop coming on here moaning about it.

You have said it and we all heard.

Stick to RocketLauncher forums where people actually hang on your every word and respect what you have to say.

Here on Hyperspin we don't !! (Except for the other traitors sticking the boot in obviously)

• Aorin locked this topic

Archived