BBB's Mortal Kombat 9 Arcade Machine

BadBoyBill

This has been my special project over the last month on my spare time. Once I knew they were releasing the new Mortal Kombat without a cab, I knew what I had to do.

Thanks! to Netherrealm Studios for their super hard work in making such a great game, this really brings me back to the old days with a modern twist.

This machine is based on a more modern design, I like the style of the newer Aliens game so I made this machine using that design but with some added features.

The machine will be on display at California Extreme next week for those that are going you can come see it. Its 10 times better in real life. Wish I had a better camera.

The pics I'm posting here are from my phone and do not do this cab justice, this thing is loud, its bright, and is super clean.

Here is a pic of Aliens Extermination:

aliens.jpg

Justice League

justice.jpg

[YOUTUBE HD]yvCGH-xDqsE[/YOUTUBE HD]

Mortal%20Kombat%209%20Arcade%20Machine.jpg

I wanted to the cabs base colors to be black, red and gold. So I decided to go for shiny gold T-Molding, tons of red led's, and gold diamond plate feet.

I think these machines use an 8" sub, I went ahead and upgraded to a 10" sub in the center, this thing seriously bumps and shakes the cab. I have it set perfect, whenever a character falls, or gets hit hard then you really feel it.

I did the control panel art custom based on several images and my own touches. I spent about 2 weeks preparing the artwork for the cab which was a lot of work.

Thanks to Ridic Graphics for providing the prints. He can be found here on the forums. The guy with the cool tatoo cab.

I had several pieces of custom plastics made also for the machine including the marquee and lower control panel pieces that glow. I did the upper plexi myself.

I also did several sheet metal custom pieces myself to including the marquee light box and the speaker grill mounts and walls.

The monitor is a 42" 1080p monitor and the sound system has 2 amps, 10" sub, and a set of left and rights under the monitor that have a few speakers inside them. Base and Volume had individual knobs in the coin door for adjustment.

The machine uses an xbox 360, parts from 2 pdp limited edition controls (for template and pcb's), modded media remote for external cab power control, smart strip for one button power on, tons of lighting. xbox is set to boot straight to the game, and the monitor has a slight delay so you don't even see the 360 bios animation. Launches straight to the game on powerup. There is no access to home or back buttons from the control panel.

Enjoy the pics and parts of the build:

001.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

006.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

021.jpg

023.jpg

024.jpg

027.jpg

027.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

041.jpg

042.jpg

043.jpg

044.jpg

032.jpg

045.jpg

Signed by Ed Boon himself:

sig_boon.jpg

As if this good

But mine is better ...

I made of cardboard and cellophane paper

and games are a person in handling puppets

naaa

just kidding

BBB good job

any day I'll play a game to see who is the father of fathers in MK, You Know - papi Skar

lol jajajajaja

Saludos

Atte

Skar Stoker

Very nice work! What kind of wood did you make it out of? MDF or particle board?

From the pics, it looks like you used melamine. If so, how did you get such a chip free surface before it was covered with the graphics, with a router? The reason I ask is because I'm thinking of building a bartop to compliment the My MAME cabinet and am considering melamine.

Thats how I would do it :) not a bad way to use a 360 standalone... but you could go with a jtag later on to be able to have the whole MK series on that bad boy, Mortal Kombat bliss! Finish Him!!!

Thats how I would do it :) not a bad way to use a 360 standalone... but you could go with a jtag later on to be able to have the whole MK series on that bad boy, Mortal Kombat bliss! Finish Him!!!

They are releasing the whole mortal kombat arcade collection this month I think as downloadable content, so I will be getting that to.

Archived