Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Well, Game Over for me everyone.

keltoigael

My laptop was stolen, along with my book bag and external hard drive that contained 3 years worth of rom collecting and all my custom hyperspin images and videos. I was in the process of rebuilding my machine. I had just wiped everything so this was all my data backed up. I have nothing to recover from including the system image. Everything, completely gone. To top it all they also broke out all of my windows in my car and slashed up the interior. Not a good day. All of this happened in front of my apartment between me going to bed and waking up. I wasn't the only victim so I feel for all the others as well. Pretty sad day I dont even know if I have the motivation to try and collect all my sets again. I guess I am also retired from making you all start up intros. :dong:

Sorry to hear about your gear and all your hard work. I hope that you do whatever your passion is (also known as a hobby in the days of old). If it happens to be collecting ROM sets then have fun starting again - I am sure you have learned a lot since first starting. If it's time for something else then best of luck to you.

That's really too bad that happened to you. But you may be in luck and we can help each other out. I have an internal 500gb hdd that contains Hyperspin and 55 emulator/ROMS/videos, etc. It's all set up. But I've barely used it because I have Vision 4 on my modded Xbox. I kept coming up with 'running scripts' issue when I choose a game. My PC is running Windows XP. As of right now, it's set up using X-Arcade joystick commands. If you're interested, send me a message and we can work something out.

Gah yuck! That IS bad news....I tell you. I have three... yes three copies of my Hyperspin set up. In two different locations! WAY too many hours setting up and tweaking to risk losing it all. The thing is though you really can rebuild this stuff. I think I am more addicted to setup than I am to playing. Every now and then I will start from scratch just to do it. Organize things just a little different. Good Luck and don't give up!

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I am currently trying to figure out what I would like to do and go from here. I am certainly not leaving the HS community because someone f***ed me over. I do have the police tracking down the laptop, its also my work laptop so they are also looking into it. If it hits any pawn shops and the pawn shop does it's job it should be found. I am afraid my hard drive on the other is more then likely never to be found. I am sure the A-hole already formatted not knowing what gold was actually on it.Again, I will let you guys know. I might do the whole send a drive over to someone deal. Never did anything like that before though.

I travel a lot when working. I spend sometime in hotels and work on HS when I want something to do.

I travel a ton too (have over 22,000 airline miles just this year alone) but would never leave stuff in a car but i guess that doesn't matter. Just an expensive life lesson

WHen you say "I had just wiped everything so this was all my data backed up"

Do you have another hard drive? You know that when things are "deleted" they aren't truly deleted right? My daughter formatted a memory card in the camera. A quick plug into the computer with recovery software and I was able to recover about 95% of the pictures. Do you still have the hard drive?

The roms are pretty easily to collect :)

Do you have another hard drive? You know that when things are "deleted" they aren't truly deleted right? My daughter formatted a memory card in the camera. A quick plug into the computer with recovery software and I was able to recover about 95% of the pictures. Do you still have the hard drive?

Yes very true, I recently used EaseUS data recovery software on a portable drive which had set itself from NTFS to Raw; I managed to get all the movies off it before returning it to Seagate.

If you just did a quick format it may be recoverable.

http://www.easeus.com/data-recovery-software/

My back up drive was a 2 TB external usb drive I was using to rebuild my system. I wiped my arcade cab a few weeks ago to get it ready for the transfer over. I never thought to try and run data recovery on the old system and try and at least get the roms back. What software is best for something like that? I have ran data recovery before but it renamed all the files and I would like to stay away from that if possible.

Yes very true, I recently used EaseUS data recovery software on a portable drive which had set itself from NTFS to Raw; I managed to get all the movies off it before returning it to Seagate.

If you just did a quick format it may be recoverable.

http://www.easeus.com/data-recovery-software/

I actually have that program, but can never get it to work right. It always comes up with a you need more virtual memory message, then crashes. Do you recommend file recovery or partition recovery?

Do you recommend file recovery or partition recovery?

I used "Complete recovery"

It's version 6.1 which I acquired.

I've used Recurva before also, but it didn't recover absolutely everything from my wifes bosses drive, who had the whole business backed up on a USB thumb drive. :banghead: How many time s have I told her to use dropbox. You can't educate pork.

I used "Complete recovery"

It's version 6.1 which I acquired.

I've used Recurva before also, but it didn't recover absolutely everything from my wifes bosses drive, who had the whole business backed up on a USB thumb drive. :banghead: How many time s have I told her to use dropbox. You can't educate pork.

I will give it a go on my system, hopefully it can handle as large as an 2 TB hard drives.

Archived