Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSpin 1.3 Update Release

BadBoyBill

Thanks for being patient, I couldn't get all the requests in, but for now this should get you by, I can probably work on a 1.4 update with some more of the requests filled later this week.

I didn't have time to add 2nd monitor support but I will soon.

This update includes HS and HQ 1.3, these are just 2 exe's you can overwrite your current exe's with. This won't effect your current setups.

Changes:

Added mp4 support

Added wheel smoothing for crisper wheel graphics and text.

Updated flash player to 11.

Added last system support when restarting HyperSpin.

Tried to fix sound issue (untested)

Added PCLauncher support for HyperLaunch.

DOWNLOAD 1.3

Experimental with faster startup time, might be buggy.

DOWNLOAD 1.3.1

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Noticed quite a few of the themes look far smoother than they used to be though I've noticed the bricks animation on the NES theme is gone as well as the coins emitting during the SNES theme.. unless I'm nuts and imagined they were there.

nope your not imagning it they were actually there and they were listed as special effects or particles but i think they got rid of them cause they made themes lag when they booted up

Some things I noticed.

Transitions don't work anymore.

The smoother looks like it smooths everything but the pointers.

I remember BBB mentioning he had switched the game selection controls from up/down to left/right for horizontal and pin style. How do I switch controls?

I now have 10 extra gigs, better video quality, and better artwork quality.

Thanks for the Christmas present and have a Merry Christmas.

For anyone who is worried about needing to get new videos, the flv's still work, but it is recommended to switch to mp4.

Thanks for the hard work Bill. Even on Christmas you find a way to keep me working. HyperSync is currently distributing over fifteen gigs an hour right now. LoL, Merry Christmas! Ill still be awake to see Santa at the rate I'm going!

Thank you sooooo much Bill!! The impact your update has had on my setup is phenomenal!! It's faster, more efficient, higher clarity, and the option to return to the last system adds a huge amount of ease when tweaking different systems. Now I understand why everyone was talking about mp4 support. NICE!! I use the 240p videos from EmuMovies but the quality of mp4 is outstanding!! My wheels look 500% better than they did and moving in and out of systems is lightning fast. :congrats:

Thank You !!!

I freed up almost 50 GB worth of space with just the Videos. Also, I run a core 2 duo (celeron) and the themes load much quicker. I guess it's the flash update, but it seems a bit quicker now! Anyway, thanks BBB for pushing this update out!

I'm getting a weird issue I believe is related to the .mp4 playback. I downloaded ps2 mp4's last night from the emumovies ftp (480P) and just applied them to my HS setup. all my other system videos are still flv till I get around to it. I can bounce in and out of wheels and flv videos are loading just fine in other systems but once I go into ps2 it starts up the first wheel and mp4 video associated with it just fine.....until I scroll up or down then I get a full blank white screen with nothing but an grey exclamation point in the center? have to end the hyperspin process to get things back to normal. is there an error log I can look to for any more info on this?

EDIT: just moved all my ps2 mp4's to a temp folder and tried to launch again with no videos. same error but only in my ps2 wheel. I think I have to assume its a bad ps2 theme

Zero - It seems to be the same as it was, just renamed. I had to change the name of my module, settings, media, keymappers, etc from PC Games to PCLauncher. The games started to launch correctly from there.

My only problem is I have PC games on a ton of wheels so hopefully I can remember them all!

I'm getting a weird issue I believe is related to the .mp4 playback. I downloaded ps2 mp4's last night from the emumovies ftp (480P) and just applied them to my HS setup. all my other system videos are still flv till I get around to it. I can bounce in and out of wheels and flv videos are loading just fine in other systems but once I go into ps2 it starts up the first wheel and mp4 video associated with it just fine.....until I scroll up or down then I get a full blank white screen with nothing but an grey exclamation point in the center? have to end the hyperspin process to get things back to normal. is there an error log I can look to for any more info on this?

EDIT: just moved all my ps2 mp4's to a temp folder and tried to launch again with no videos. same error but only in my ps2 wheel. I think I have to assume its a bad ps2 theme

Ok I was wrong, I just threw together a new theme with just a simple 1024x768 png background and it still crashes to white fullscreen center exclamation point. just tried removing my box and wheel art for this wheel and it still crashes when I try to scroll?? any help out there for this one?

I've had this issue before. The problem was in the art that was being loaded at the top or the bottom of the wheel (as HS loaded it as it rotated into view). Ended up just being a corrupt wheel image that probably didn't finish downloading right. I'd check that out. Does it happen regardless of which direction you go?

I through up a real quick fixed version of 1.3 in the 1st post, I didn't even bother changing the release version. Just redownload the zip to get the newer version.

Basically I fixed that override transitions don't work and added better graphics for the pointer as mentioned in an earlier post.

Thanks.

Archived