Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

HyperSpin 1.3 Update Release

BadBoyBill

Im looking at the database file now as I was using some program called "HyperSpin XML Bidouilleur" that I found on here a long time ago (any recommendations for a better xml builder?) as far as the images go I actually removed the theme, box arts, wheel arts, videos, heck everything. all I get is a generic black screen under my ps2 wheel and it crashes as soon as I scroll up or down. all my other wheels work fine though

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im looking at the database file now as I was using some program called "HyperSpin XML Bidouilleur" that I found on here a long time ago (any recommendations for a better xml builder?) as far as the images go I actually removed the theme, box arts, wheel arts, videos, heck everything. all I get is a generic black screen under my ps2 wheel and it crashes as soon as I scroll up or down. all my other wheels work fine though

What does your log.txt file say. Sounds like an XML parsing issue.

log.txt shows this:

11:31:45 PM | HyperSpin Started

11:31:45 PM | Going FullScreen

11:31:46 PM | Checking for updates

11:31:46 PM | Update Check Complete

11:31:46 PM | Startup program unavailable

11:31:46 PM | Error intializing joysticks

11:31:46 PM | Menu Mode is multi

11:31:46 PM | Loading Main Menu.xml

11:31:46 PM | Main Menu.xml successfully loaded

11:31:46 PM | Main Menu wheel loaded successfully

11:31:49 PM | Loading Sony Playstation 2.xml

11:31:49 PM | Main Menu.xml successfully loaded

11:31:49 PM | Sony Playstation 2 wheel loaded successfully

when it crashes I have to end task hyperspin

I would be wary of anything "from a long time ago". Isnt this what Don's hyperspin tools does?

I got it from here http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?14002-Release-HyperSpin-XML-Bidouilleur-0-1

looks like 0.6 of that is the newest version and it has always worked for me but I will definately give that dons hyperspin tools a try (never heard of it till now)

ok just tried don's hyperspin tools and it needs a source xml file to go against (dont see one for ps2 on hyperlist so I couldnt use it) then I tried rom2xml and it created a xml that had all my games in there but it too crashes when I try to scroll in that wheel. I did try Bill's updated 1.3 also to no avail. it works ok under HS 1.2 for some reason:hmmmm:

So I have my version 1.0 all set up and working fine. Is this update just a new exe that I replace my old one with? Will I see any improvement if I'm still using all the old videos etc.? More importantly do I have to redo anything other than just swapping out the exe?

Now would be a good time top copy and paste some of your xml here so we can see.

sorry circo I found out the problem, back when I added ps2 to my HS setup I dont think I used the main menu wizard built into hyperhq to add it, I'm pretty sure I just manually entered a line into my main menu.xml file....heck I'm not even sure what I did to mess it up but what i did to fix it was used the man menu wizard to remove ps2 and then re-add it using hyperhq. after setting things back up IT WORKS. looks like all that other stuff I tried was just a waste lol! Thank you again bill and circo for your support and patience

So I have my version 1.0 all set up and working fine. Is this update just a new exe that I replace my old one with? Will I see any improvement if I'm still using all the old videos etc.? More importantly do I have to redo anything other than just swapping out the exe?

The graphics will improve, you still may see some speed increase. You just won't have the glossy small vids, it should still work fine. If your on the fence I'll mention we added or replaced over 15,000 vids this past year alone :)

Put a request in the requests section over there. I probably fixed them when we did the full HyperSync audit before its launch. Its kind of a PITA to update the site itself but I do it every so often. IE I know the mame vids on there are 3000 vids out of date but it will take two full days to update MAME in the downloads section so I have to feel especially bored to do it lol.

Archived