Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSpin 1.3 Update Release

BadBoyBill

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new 1.3.1 is a lot better. However, it seems like if I'm holding down the down arrow, it doesn't scroll through the wheels as fast as 1.3 did. I'll try looking at them both again just to make sure its not my imagination :S

Edit: yeah, its not my imagination. There still is a small amount of lag left when scrolling through the wheels in 1.3.1 compared to 1.3.

Ok, I've tested HyperSpin 1.3.1 and these are my obstacles I noticed comparing HS 1.2 and HS 1.3;

- Startup time HS still 5 seconds to wait (compared to HS 1.2)

- Scrolling through the wheels a littlebit slower than HS 1.2

- A small amount of leg when jumping the wheel by letter (compared to HS 1.2). So when you holddown the left or right arrow and hit the start button to go to the wheels with the choosen letter. It freezes for half a second.

- Game Text FontStyle 5 is not showing properly anymore. Instead of Italic it is straight now (compared to HS 1.2). Is it possible to make this adjustable in HyperHQ?

- When exiting an emulator HyperSpin freezes for almost 2 seconds before it will be active again (compared to HS 1.2).

Positive improvements what I much like;

- Smoother wheel images

- Smoother transitions in general I noticed

- MP4 support

Great job BBB overall!

awesome update.... i have an issue that is nothing to do with hyperspin or hq... but hypertheme.... its can't see my mp4 files only flv..... :S hope everybody had a great xmas

btw, just use an flv placeholder. I always do cause I have one without any sound so I can actually run/play something else like a vid or music when busy in HT without the HT vid scaring/annoying the crap out of me. And maybe use a screen from the original vid to get the dimensions for making the border it photoshop.

(of course you can just mute HT but still)

Neither Hyperspin or HyperHQ work on my setup. Nothing comes up. I've no time to debug it today. I use XP64(prob has something to do with it) and have updated Adobe Flash to v11.

I had a chance to play with it today. Unfortunately it's not producing a log file. Both apps simply do not start.

I've updated all of my windows drivers.

I wonder if I'm finally at the end of my rope using XP64?

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the update and a merry christmas to you and the hs gang, just was wondering about the 2nd monitor support? is this going to be added to Hyper Hq to automatically run along side HS and simply adding another media folder for the marquee's ??

For those of you having the issue where your new .mp4s are only loading for the first game but not the subsequent games in your wheels, I fixed it by doing the following:

- Open HyperHQ

- Navigate to the "system" wheel of your choice

- Under "Navigation/Themes" select the "Reload Backgrounds" option

You will need to do this for each wheel. :pcguru:

I had a chance to play with it today. Unfortunately it's not producing a log file. Both apps simply do not start.

I've updated all of my windows drivers.

I wonder if I'm finally at the end of my rope using XP64?

I've been using XP64 and everything seems to work very well. Did you try dropping back to the 1.2 versions?

Thanks for the update! There seems to be a bug for me (in both new releases). I have a horizontal wheel, and when I press up on the joystick to move the wheel along, it the wheel goes backwards, forwards then backwards again. Using the old Hyperspin exe removes the problem so seems to be an issue in the new release.

Ok, I've tested HyperSpin 1.3.1 and these are my obstacles I noticed comparing HS 1.2 and HS 1.3;

- Startup time HS still 5 seconds to wait (compared to HS 1.2)

- Scrolling through the wheels a littlebit slower than HS 1.2

- A small amount of leg when jumping the wheel by letter (compared to HS 1.2). So when you holddown the left or right arrow and hit the start button to go to the wheels with the choosen letter. It freezes for half a second.

- Game Text FontStyle 5 is not showing properly anymore. Instead of Italic it is straight now (compared to HS 1.2). Is it possible to make this adjustable in HyperHQ?

- When exiting an emulator HyperSpin freezes for almost 2 seconds before it will be active again (compared to HS 1.2).

Positive improvements what I much like;

- Smoother wheel images

- Smoother transitions in general I noticed

- MP4 support

Great job BBB overall!

Do you have quality set to BEST? I did and 1.31 ran with a lag. Once I changed back to HIGH 1.31 worked great.

Thanks for the update! There seems to be a bug for me (in both new releases). I have a horizontal wheel, and when I press up on the joystick to move the wheel along, it the wheel goes backwards, forwards then backwards again. Using the old Hyperspin exe removes the problem so seems to be an issue in the new release.

Same here.

Also I have noticed loading the Mame wheel takes considerably longer. Seems like it is taking longer to parse the database.

Archived