Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

HyperSpin 1.3 Update Release

BadBoyBill

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While mp4 support is great along with the other fixes, I had to revert back to HyperSpin 1.2. There seems to be a joystick input problem in this release, I have HS installed on my arcade machine which has 2 madcatz xbox360 TE fight stick PCBs installed. When booting up HS the controls seem to stick some times, the wheels just start spinning in the last direction I had held. Other times the controls won't do anything at all until the video transitions finish then it goes back to getting stuck in one direction until I use the keyboard to stop it.I tried trouble shooting it and everything points to the HS 1.3 exe being the problem. All settings are the same as before, Overwriting the HS 1.3 exe with the 1.2 update exe from the downloads section fixes the control issues. I'm sticking with the old version for now, hopefully this will be an easy fix. Keep up the good work guys.

Any chance of some before and after pictures and maybe a video showing some of the new features? I won't have an oppurtunity to update mine until later this week but would like to see how some of the new features look, smoothing, flash 11, mp4, etc.

Thanks for the update and great XMAS present.

While mp4 support is great along with the other fixes, I had to revert back to HyperSpin 1.2. There seems to be a joystick input problem in this release, I have HS installed on my arcade machine which has 2 madcatz xbox360 TE fight stick PCBs installed. When booting up HS the controls seem to stick some times, the wheels just start spinning in the last direction I had held. Other times the controls won't do anything at all until the video transitions finish then it goes back to getting stuck in one direction until I use the keyboard to stop it.I tried trouble shooting it and everything points to the HS 1.3 exe being the problem. All settings are the same as before, Overwriting the HS 1.3 exe with the 1.2 update exe from the downloads section fixes the control issues. I'm sticking with the old version for now, hopefully this will be an easy fix. Keep up the good work guys.

I told Bill about this a few days ago. Bill, this is the same issue I have, but with my keyboard (shared keyboard across network). I didn't know it happened with joysticks though as I never use them in HS. It always happens to me in HS1.

Originally Posted by BurnerAzR

I told Bill about this a few days ago. Bill, this is the same issue I have, but with my keyboard (shared keyboard across network). I didn't know it happened with joysticks though as I never use them in HS. It always happens to me in HS1.

I am having the exact same problem with my two UltraStik 360's.

I have the same issue using xbox 360 controllers and the xbox 360 wireless receiver. (have not tried a normal wired usb 360 controller) EDIT: win7 64bit using local keyboard works fine for navigation for me and controls work fine once any emulator is loaded as expected. its just trying to control the frontend with my controller thats an issue

Hello All,

I've updated to HS 1.3 but noticed the following issue. Is anyone else having a 'black screen' and freezing issue when the 'asteroids' MAME theme loads? I've noticed my HS locks up every time I move onto the Asteroids theme on the MAME wheel. I then need to ctrl-alt-del and kill the HS process to exit. I can confirm this theme worked in HS 1.2, it was tested and verified within my backup.

Merry Christmas!

BBB, maybe one thing to update in HS 1.4 is when you have set your HS in Single Mode there is this nasty bug that does not allow you to exit your Favorites menu once you entered it. We are then forced to restart HS. By the way, thanks for HS 1.3! Running perfectly for me on a Core i5 HTPC with Win7 64. Did not notice any issue with my wireless 360 controller so far.

Clicking a thanks button wasn't enough gratitude. Typing this post isn't enough gratitude. Gold Membership even still is NOT enough gratitude.

I've been holding out signing up for this front-end for a couple years now, but this update is enough to push me all the way through, and the thoughts of 1.4 and beyond... SHEESH!

Thanks a bunch for all your work, BBB. Hopefully your break was enough to kickstart you into blowing the doors off of 2013 with the awesome project!

Archived