Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

New cab almost done

DHG

After taking probably about a 10 year hiatus from building any arcade related thing I started working on this about 3-4 years ago and then it got put on hold for a long time various reasons.

Built this with my brother Jon... we built 2 simultaneously so he has an exact clone at his house.

Finally approaching the final stages.

4 player panel. Lighted trackball, spinner, all lighted buttons, servo-sticks for players one and two. Custom artwork by Vlad from Gameongrafix who did an awesome job I think. We didn't do any sideart but it may be added in the future. Still need speaker covers.

Running Hyperspin as the frontend. MAME will be the main emulator with Commodore 64 and Astrocade being up there as well. A few others will also be included.

We are going to get the joysticks lighted as well... working on that as well as some software tweaking.

We have a 32 Samsung widescreen in there that looks amazing. Kind of went nuts with the audio... have a Logitech speaker system with a 10" subwoofer inside!!!

Here are a few pics.

Please excuse some of the sloppiness of some of the wiring... been making some adjustments and its been getting bullied around a bit. It will all be straightened out in the end :-)

mame1.JPG

mame2.JPG

mame3.JPG

mame4.JPG

mame5.JPG

mame6.JPG

mame7.JPG

Yeah, I have to agree. If you were trolling for compliments on your wiring, then troll successful. The wiring looks superb. If you're serious about thinking its sloppy, then I'd love to see what you call neat. The wiring layout is clean, organized, and very well done. I have been looking at A LOT of cabinet builds before I start mine. I will be stealing your wiring layout... FYI. lol

Great job.

Thanks... maybe sloppy was an exaggeration... These are the first pics I've taken since it was done and it seems like the pics actually show the flaws more than looking at in real life !!!

Just glad its nearing completion after all this time.

It is functional at the moment. Got a lot of C64 software kinks to figure out at the moment.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to get some custom speaker covers?

Thanks for all the comments guys. Appreciate it :-)

Have you really dropped a Logitech 5500 set in there? As for custom covers, I would get some baton and some speaker cover material and make small covers. Alternatively see these guys for ideas.

http://www.speakerworks.com/speaker_grills_s/34.htm

Heh, I don't recall mentioning that.... Good eyes!!! Yeah, perhaps 505 watts and a 10" sub was a little over kill for an arcade cabinet but my god does Robotron sound awesome :thrasher: ....looking back at original post I guess I did mention it... (long week!!)

Thanks for the link. I will check them out.

Building two at at time is definitely the way to go. Did you find that it took almost no extra effort to duplicate each stage of the build?

Maybe not any extra effort but definitely time! We pretty much just built this from scratch with no real guidelines and nothing to follow. Made up a lot of things as we went along.

Glad its finally done. My brother and I started this I think 3-4 years ago then for various reasons before we even got to the control panel stage it was at a complete stand still for over 2 years. Although in that time my brother did a complete Pinbot pinball machine refurbish job! Looks freakin amazing!!

I'll be making a post soon about the mixing of MAME with C64 and some other things soon as that proved to be a little bit of a hassle to get it working that way we wanted. Still tweaking but coming along nicely. This week was hectic so didn't get anything done but this weekend will have some free time.

Oh yeah, my brother is obsessed with getting the joysticks lit as well so working on that, also!

How Do You Like Those Auto 4 Way 8 Way Servo Driven Joys... Been Lookin To Go That Route Here Soon...?!?

So far they are awesome. All done automatically when you select a game in Mame. Stay defaulted 8way for C64.

The joysticks themselves are really good as well. Great feel to them....

They Do Change Automatically When Changing To A Game...!?! Say From A Fighter To Pac-Man...??? That's It... I'm Sold... Now To See If They Will Fit In My X-Arcade Tank Stick Which I May Jus Opt Out And Build A Custom Panel... Ohhh The Thoughts...

They Do Change Automatically When Changing To A Game...!?! Say From A Fighter To Pac-Man...??? That's It... I'm Sold... Now To See If They Will Fit In My X-Arcade Tank Stick Which I May Jus Opt Out And Build A Custom Panel... Ohhh The Thoughts...

if u try and fit one in the tankstick. can u let me know how u go. I have been wondering about if they would fit or not and if u got one in I would definately want to do the upgrade also.

Archived