Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

fr0stbyt3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To use the hyperbase live program...is the connection to emumovies down? I can login to emumovies fine from the emumovies website or from hypersync, but when I try to login to emumovies via hyperbase, it says incorrect username/password.

To use the hyperbase live program...is the connection to emumovies down? I can login to emumovies fine from the emumovies website or from hypersync, but when I try to login to emumovies via hyperbase, it says incorrect username/password.

I'm going to release 0.0.21 shortly. That should fix the issue for you.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, fr0stbyt3 said:

The exe is an installer... Not the app. It'll generate a desktop shortcut. Use that to launch the app after the first time.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I know its the installer, but my issue is it doesn't install anything. After running it the first time, and then closing the program, all that's in the folder that I ran the installer from is is the installer. Does it install to some default folder? I checked my hyperspin folder and it was not in there either. Unless it is installing somewhere that I don't know of, it just runs, and doesn't install for me.

Just now, maabus said:

I know its the installer, but my issue is it doesn't install anything. After running it the first time, and then closing the program, all that's in the folder that I ran the installer from is is the installer. Does it install to some default folder? I checked my hyperspin folder and it was not in there either. Unless it is installing somewhere that I don't know of, it just runs, and doesn't install for me.

I am installing it somewhere you don't know about. 

You'll find the super secret hiding place at %LocalAppData%\HyperbaseLive

Ok found it... Stupid me.. there was a desktop shortcut, but I never went to the desktop i was working out of my directories.  In the root appdata\hyperbase folder there is a hyperbase live exe. I ran that one and it behaved like the installer. I ran the exe in the app-.20 and that one worked. What is the exe in the root for? 

2 minutes ago, maabus said:

Ok found it... Stupid me.. there was a desktop shortcut, but I never went to the desktop i was working out of my directories.  In the root appdata\hyperbase folder there is a hyperbase live exe. I ran that one and it behaved like the installer. I ran the exe in the app-.20 and that one worked. What is the exe in the root for? 

It's a bootstrapper. It handles the updates and launch of the app. It also assures your shortcut doesn't have to change every time an update runs.

Hi @fr0stbyt3

I'm trying to install and use Hyperbase as it doesn't seem like Hypersync is working for me anymore and I get this far:

1. I install the 64bit version from your first page in this thread

2. I login to the first main screen

3. I set the path to my Hyperspin folder

4. I try to login to emumovies but it will not connect (says incorrect username/password)

5. I click view all, but it's just a blank screen

6. I click sync all, but it just hangs

Hoping you can bounce me back in the right direction...

I'm trying to setup my systems wheel for the first time, grouped by arcade manufacturer and having a hard time getting the wheel art and emumovies synced for certain systems (sega classics, nintendo classics) - where originally using Hypersync DID work for other systems, ex. SNK Classics. It also seemed to work fine for the full mame list (Hypersync).

hyperbase login.png

setpath.png

emumoviesfail.png

syncall.png

9 minutes ago, jtb1987 said:

Hi @fr0stbyt3

I'm trying to install and use Hyperbase as it doesn't seem like Hypersync is working for me anymore and I get this far:

1. I install the 64bit version from your first page in this thread

2. I login to the first main screen

3. I set the path to my Hyperspin folder

4. I try to login to emumovies but it will not connect (says incorrect username/password)

5. I click view all, but it's just a blank screen

6. I click sync all, but it just hangs

Hoping you can bounce me back in the right direction...

I'm trying to setup my systems wheel for the first time, grouped by arcade manufacturer and having a hard time getting the wheel art and emumovies synced for certain systems (sega classics, nintendo classics) - where originally using Hypersync DID work for other systems, ex. SNK Classics. It also seemed to work fine for the full mame list (Hypersync

So HBL 0.0.21 is released now, so switch to that. 

32bit: http://hyperbase-live.com/updates/win32/Hyperbase Live Setup 0.0.21-ia32.exe

64bit: http://hyperbase-live.com/updates/win64/Hyperbase Live Setup 0.0.21.exe

Emumovies is completely broken in 0.0.20

4 minutes ago, jtb1987 said:

Hi @fr0stbyt3

It looks like the issue is still here -

It now reads that it's version .21, but it says incorrect username and password when I try to login to the emumovies part. The same username/password works directly on the emumovies website (I double checked!)

Hmm, it's working fine for my username. thats odd....

You might be locked out of the API for too many failed login attempts. I don't think that would stop you from being able to log into the site. (if that is the case, give it a few hours and it'll work)

Can anyone else sync emumovies?

• Avar locked this topic

Archived