Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

fr0stbyt3

21 hours ago, maabus said:

one thing that might be helpful is to display artwork 1 or two or maybe even the wheel after you sync. This way you know quickly what was synced directly from Hyperbase. I synced my atari, and it said it was done, but all the icons are still the blue square. If it showed some artwork I would know it worked correctly without having to launch Hyperspin, or go into the folders.

Preview of 0.0.30

Still tinkering. But this is what I have so far.

preview.PNG

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone.

I'm having some trouble setting up and sycing the program. I'll try to explain it simple:

I have Hyperspin in the main hard drive of the arcade computer, which is an ssd (C:), along with RocketLauncher, but all the roms, and all the videos from the different systems (Currently MAME and Sega Model 2) are on a different hard drive (D:).

The problem I encountered is that Hyperbase asks me in "client settings" tab what folder is Hyperspin installed in, so I give it the path to the Hyperspin installation in C:, but when I try to setup the folder for the movies in the "Emumovies" tab, although I set the appropriate folder, the program goes back inmediately to the folder Hyperspin is installed, and doesn't find any document to sync.

23 minutes ago, Caballo said:

Hello everyone.

I'm having some trouble setting up and sycing the program. I'll try to explain it simple:

I have Hyperspin in the main hard drive of the arcade computer, which is an ssd (C:), along with RocketLauncher, but all the roms, and all the videos from the different systems (Currently MAME and Sega Model 2) are on a different hard drive (D:).

The problem I encountered is that Hyperbase asks me in "client settings" tab what folder is Hyperspin installed in, so I give it the path to the Hyperspin installation in C:, but when I try to setup the folder for the movies in the "Emumovies" tab, although I set the appropriate folder, the program goes back inmediately to the folder Hyperspin is installed, and doesn't find any document to sync.

I personally did not set the Emumovies folder as I hoped that HyperBase would know to the videos in the per system video folder, which it does.

7 hours ago, gigapig said:

Added Mame but that seems to lock up if I click the spanner or Mame icon. I then added Commodore 64 which is currently downloading things.

So the latest build (currently in development) is slightly better in regards to MAME. The issue really is down to frameworks. At its core, HBL uses a version of chrome. So, I have to do a little babysitting to make sure it's behaving.

I have a fix, but it's quite a bit of code to implement. I'll report back when its ready. 

33 minutes ago, maabus said:

That looks good fr0stbyt3. I'm assuming it's pulling the images directly from the media folders. It will help keep track of what has been downloaded and what might still be missing easily.

Yes, this is pulling from your local media folders. We may have to come up with a cache based solution though. I'm not sure loading the full file into memory to display a thumbnail is the best route. So, maybe after sync, I trigger a post process to generate front end thumbnails or something.

5 hours ago, Caballo said:

This could be a typo on my end. I'll check that and assure it's in the next build. When you say it "doesn't find any document", are you saying you have a system set up to sync but it's not? I read this as it's not going to the correct folder.

5 hours ago, gigapig said:

Thanks, I thought I'd read that but wasn't sure. Can we removed systems yet?

Ahh... oops. I can add that in 0.0.30. Not sure where to put it though..

7 minutes ago, fr0stbyt3 said:

This could be a typo on my end. I'll check that and assure it's in the next build. When you say it "doesn't find any document", are you saying you have a system set up to sync but it's not? I read this as it's not going to the correct folder.

Well, since I'm not getting any result, I guess it's both: I do setup the system, It sees the roms, both the working and the non working ones, but neither it syncs, nor aims for the right directory in the emumovies tab. Moreover, once you've set the hyperspin directory for the first time, it get's duped in the emumovies tab, and I cannot change it to another one, even if I try.

1 minute ago, Caballo said:

Well, since I'm not getting any result, I guess it's both: I do setup the system, It sees the roms, both the working and the non working ones, but neither it syncs, nor aims for the right directory in the emumovies tab. Moreover, once you've set the hyperspin directory for the first time, it get's duped in the emumovies tab, and I cannot change it to another one, even if I try.

So each system has settings as shown here:emu settings.PNG

and you're not getting anything?

8 minutes ago, fr0stbyt3 said:

So each system has settings as shown here:emu settings.PNG

and you're not getting anything?

No, I'm, not.

Also, I'm not getting the "Default" option for any other setting. All I get is "Don't sync". I can record it in a video if you want me to.

1 minute ago, Dazz said:

When does this start downloading?  I just setup NES.  I set it to only download Box Images into Artwork 2. It looks like it went through and audited, but nothing has been downloaded from what I can tell. 

Click sync again. It should download immediately after the audit is done.

Just now, fr0stbyt3 said:

Click sync again. It should download immediately after the audit is done.

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

Also, how do you delete/remove a system from Sync? Is there a way to sync one system at a time?

1 minute ago, fr0stbyt3 said:

Not yet. Would you like to see single system sync or an option to skip just one?

Personally, I'd like to see Single System sync. Or a check box on the systems you want to sync.  That way it doesn't have to audit every system and then sync. 

Just now, Dazz said:

Personally, I'd like to see Single System sync. Or a check box on the systems you want to sync.  That way it doesn't have to audit every system and then sync. 

Yeah, this would be a must have when we fully support MAME. I'll work on single system for now. And maybe add a filter system later. 

• Avar locked this topic

Archived