Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

fr0stbyt3

27 minutes ago, fr0stbyt3 said:

I see the following for sega model 2. Can you try again and see if you have them as well?

sega.PNG

Yes, I see the same as you. I installed the program once again, and now it surprisingly downloaded the themes, but not the videos.

Also, it still doesn't let me choose the other hard drive as source for the videos. the "Emumovies" path is stuck with the hiperspin install path. No matter how many times i choose a different folder.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Caballo said:

Yes, I see the same as you. I installed the program once again, and now it surprisingly downloaded the themes, but not the videos.

Also, it still doesn't let me choose the other hard drive as source for the videos. the "Emumovies" path is stuck with the hiperspin install path. No matter how many times i choose a different folder.

I'll probably have to put out a new version of the app before you can change the path for emumovies correctly.

As far as the videos not syncing. I'll test that when I get off work in a few hours. Glad you got the rest to sync though :)

Update 0.0.30 is now available.

New to this build is the following

• Support rom Artwork
  • Speed improvements when scrolling long lists

I am guessing (since the list changes based on feedback) the build 0.0.31 will cover the following

• Better button tooltips (position)
  • Emumovies folder change support (other than the main directory)
  • Single system sync
  • System delete
  • Better menu headers (gray is confusing)

As for the obvious missing item, please be patient. Before I add full on MAME support, I need to tackle a few more things. One of them is better task handling. Mame (As you would guess) will build a huge list of tasks. My plan is to build a new process for handling these. 

Update 0.0.31 is now available.

As always, restart the app to get the update. 

I am guessing (since the list changes based on feedback) the build 0.0.31 will cover the following

• Better button tooltips (position) @Yeuxkes
  • Emumovies folder change support (other than the main directory) @Caballo
  • Single system sync @Dazz
  • System delete @Dazz @gigapig
  • Better menu headers (gray is confusing) @Yeuxkes @thatman84
  • Changed the naming of "client settings" to be less confusing. @thatman84
    • more options will go under general soon

Update 0.0.32 is going to be in the works shortly. I'm planning to address the following:

• Add console wizard
  • Allow for a longer list of consoles when adding
  • Allow user to filter consoles when adding
  • Start on add emulator wizard (still super secret.)

If I missed any requests, please let me know.

How does this work with PC related games, like American Laser Games for example, since it's looking for a rom path and not based on XMLs?

Right now, it doesn't. I'll be adding support for steam and others at a later date.

So when you add console, it'll have to ask you what type at the beginning of the wizard.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, fr0stbyt3 said:

In the bottom left hand corner, what does the status indicator say next to your version number?

last night when i tried it said i was up to date. This morning i opened it again, and now it says checking for updates, but it is just sitting there. I'll let it check for a while.

I manually clicked on the update exe in both the root and v29 folder last night and it still said it was up to date.

I'll let you know if it finishes checking.

last night when i tried it said i was up to date. This morning i opened it again, and now it says checking for updates, but it is just sitting there. I'll let it check for a while.
I manually clicked on the update exe in both the root and v29 folder last night and it still said it was up to date.

I'll let you know if it finishes checking.

It's takes a bit. Just let it do its thing. What's your internet speed?

7 minutes ago, maabus said:

It did finally update. I have a pretty fast connection, and once it started downloading it was fast. It just took a long time and a few restarts for it to actually check for a new update.

The new look, looks great!

Thanks! I'll try to clean up the message system for updates.

15 minutes ago, Dazz said:

Sortta looks like MAME is working... I'm no longer getting a blank screen!  Woo hoo for progress!

Yeah, MAME will work quite a bit better now. It's still not memory optimized. So you may run into an issue during larger syncs. But overall, scrolling and viewing matched roms should be a breeze. 

5 hours ago, fr0stbyt3 said:

Here is a quick peek at a some of the changes coming to .32. Let's see if you can spot them...

32.PNG

1. You could be Jhabers in disguise or you pinched his login ?

2. Looking like a little wizard is in the mix

3. Emulator & Rocketlaucher management 

4. The update failed

its great seeing the progress

1 minute ago, thatman84 said:

1. You could be Jhabers in disguise or you pinched his login ?

2. Looking like a little wizard is in the mix

3. Emulator & Rocketlaucher management 

4. The update failed

its great seeing the progress

1. It's always fun to impersonate @jhabers
  2. The wizard is gonna be so awesome to have
  3. Rocketlauncher will indeed be supported. But its not the only one.
  4. Updating always fails on dev builds :( its to stop me from updating on accident while working.

P.S. You missed that the logout icon size was increased and switched to vector. You're losing your edge ;)

13 minutes ago, Mrmikey73 said:

This is looking great! Just a long shot question. Do you know if this will work with windows xp? It's the easiest OS for my original arcade monitor. Either way thanks for all the work you guys put into this. 

WINDOWS XP?!! How dare you!

The official word is I'm not going to work specifically toward xp support. Does the 32bit version work?

Ha ha!!!!!!! I know but there are a few of us who have to use XP due to our monitors. I had an older version of sync running then they upgraded sync and and it stopped working until I downgraded back to my older version but now my old versions broke. I haven't tried hyperbase on it I'll probably just use my everyday computer to upgrade media and copy to my arcade.  Again thanks for the time and effort you guys put in. First time I've been excited in along time on this site!!! 

2 hours ago, Mrmikey73 said:

Ha ha!!!!!!! I know but there are a few of us who have to use XP due to our monitors. I had an older version of sync running then they upgraded sync and and it stopped working until I downgraded back to my older version but now my old versions broke. I haven't tried hyperbase on it I'll probably just use my everyday computer to upgrade media and copy to my arcade.  Again thanks for the time and effort you guys put in. First time I've been excited in along time on this site!!! 

I greatly appreciate that.  

You have the right idea btw. I would recommend mapping your HDD from the XP machine on a newer computer for the best results. Long term, I'll look at coming up with a better solution.

I know you guys are getting used to changes flowing (almost) daily. But this next build covers 4 new features and a few database side changes. So I need a bit to get it just right. I'll post screenshots in the meantime.

Thanks for all of the support guys. 

• Avar locked this topic

Archived