Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

fr0stbyt3

4 minutes ago, jtb1987 said:

Thank you again for the advise!

So just to re-state:

I'll still have an individual database folder for each system, including the full Mame list. Each one of these folders, I can customize the XML as I wish using Don's Hyperspin List Generator.

Once I have all the XMLs in the folders that I want, I can go into HBL, and sync all the media ONLY to the full mame list.

Then, separately from HBL, use symlinks in order to allow the individual manufacturer systems to ALSO use the SAME media that we synced to the full Mame media folder using HBL.

Finally, yo're saying that I'll just need to go into each individual manufacturer media folder to add the system logo for the main wheel (I've never used symlink so I'll have to figure out how all of that works)

Is this the right understanding?

Yes. Sounds like you got it! Down the road, I'll probably write a plugin to do all of that for you in HBL. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know no one asked for it, but 0.0.25 is here!!

32bit: http://hyperbase-live.com/updates/win32/Hyperbase Live Setup 0.0.25-ia32.exe

64bit: http://hyperbase-live.com/updates/win64/Hyperbase Live Setup 0.0.25.exe

• Fixed issue where stopping a sync could cause animation to continue forever
  • Added back the progress bar per system
  • Added back "complete" fade out for systems. (systems dim in color when complete)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

0.0.26 is going to be all of @gigapig's change requests.

• I'll disable the text box and put a more descriptive button (hs install path)
  • when using the add button, you should be telling HBL where your roms are. It'll do matching in that folder. This sometimes takes a bit
    • add loading animation
    • update labels
  • Add a message telling users to add their first system if none are set up

1 hour ago, fr0stbyt3 said:

I know no one asked for it, but 0.0.25 is here!!

32bit: http://hyperbase-live.com/updates/win32/Hyperbase Live Setup 0.0.25-ia32.exe

64bit: http://hyperbase-live.com/updates/win64/Hyperbase Live Setup 0.0.25.exe

• Fixed issue where stopping a sync could cause animation to continue forever
  • Added back the progress bar per system
  • Added back "complete" fade out for systems. (systems dim in color when complete)

Just tried this out everything worked properly.One thing I noticed was when it updates it gives no warning and you have to give it permission in windows firewall again.

0.0.26 Is complete!

• NEW settings user interface
  • NEW Emumovies setting options
    • Banners
    • Manuals
    • Backgrounds
    • Box Back
  • UPDATED settings button
    • Now in the bottom right when you go to the rom view
  • UPDATED Client settings labels
  • UPDATED Button text to everywhere to be more descriptive

32bit: http://hyperbase-live.com/updates/win32/Hyperbase Live Setup 0.0.26-ia32.exe

64bit: http://hyperbase-live.com/updates/win64/Hyperbase Live Setup 0.0.26.exe

settings button.PNGnew settings.PNGemu settings.PNG

I done a big feedback post here yesterday but it's not showing. I must not have hit send!! 

Took me ages, sorry.

main points were if I set my rompath for a system incorrectly (no roms in it) it still grabbed a load of artwork

when in the games list you hit sync. It downloads art but there no feedback to tell you

also Atrari Jag hung for about 15mins and progress bar didn't go off. I shut down before anything happened

I'll probably try again in a week or so

3 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

I done a big feedback post here yesterday but it's not showing. I must not have hit send!! 

Took me ages, sorry.

main points were if I set my rompath for a system incorrectly (no roms in it) it still grabbed a load of artwork

when in the games list you hit sync. It downloads art but there no feedback to tell you

also Atrari Jag hung for about 15mins and progress bar didn't go off. I shut down before anything happened

I'll probably try again in a week or so

• Right now it not filtering the download list by just the ROMs you have.  This is because the ROM matching functionality isn't completely wired in. Step 1 will get rom matching working 100%. Step 2 will be filtering your download results.
  • The button should still animate while it's syncing. I can add the feedback popup to all screens. Would this be preferred?
  • I'll look into Jaguar later today. Seems odd that it would hang.

Thank you for checking it out. When you come back, hopefully i'll have all of the ROM code complete.

This looks pretty damn cool... I've been out of the loop for a while now, but updating my cabinet and checking this out now.  The only system I've added has been MAME.  Unfortunately, it's not loading anything for me when I click MAME.  Just blank screen with the wrench in upper right corner. I've been letting it sit for a while on that screen as I think it should be populating my ROM/Database but nothing seems to ever happen.  Am I missing something?

22 minutes ago, Dazz said:

This looks pretty damn cool... I've been out of the loop for a while now, but updating my cabinet and checking this out now.  The only system I've added has been MAME.  Unfortunately, it's not loading anything for me when I click MAME.  Just blank screen with the wrench in upper right corner. I've been letting it sit for a while on that screen as I think it should be populating my ROM/Database but nothing seems to ever happen.  Am I missing something?

First off, THANK YOU! 

MAME is the big big outlier at the moment. Because of all the data associated with that system, It's advised that you wait till next week or so to test with MAME. I will tag you in the announcement when its ready.

ALSO. Just because rom matching didn't fire properly, does not mean you cannot go in and change settings. Sync is not affected. Just ROM matching.

Please feel free to play around with the other systems in the meantime :)

I've tried that like 5 times. In fact HyperSync wont let me login to hyperbase, but emumovies is fine.  Where's Rain when you need him, lol. Going to try 32bit version.

EDIIT and UPDATE: Had to make my password crackable by a 10 year old, so I could get my account hacked and stolen. Works but has a huge security risk using such weak passwords. I remember it was like this when Rain made HyperSync and we all couldn't have special characters. I guess I'll have to download some, then change password.

I've tried that like 5 times. In fact HyperSync wont let me login to hyperbase, but emumovies is fine.  Where's Rain when you need him, lol. Going to try 32bit version.

EDIIT and UPDATE: Had to make my password crackable by a 10 year old, so I could get my account hacked and stolen. Works but has a huge security risk using such weak passwords. I remember it was like this when Rain made HyperSync and we all couldn't have special characters. I guess I'll have to download some, then change password.

Special characters are indeed allowed. But not specifically tested for. I'll look at that later.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Build 0.0.27 is ready. This is a maintenance build for the following bugs

• Support for passwords not " crackable by a 10 year old " per request from @sandman7793
  • Sounds folder path fix request from @spark74
  • Sync fails when there are no systems set up (you cheeky bastard) @jhabers
  • If you rename a file, sync should rename it back to the correct naming @jhabers

32bit: http://hyperbase-live.com/updates/win32/Hyperbase Live Setup 0.0.27-ia32.exe

64bit: http://hyperbase-live.com/updates/win64/Hyperbase Live Setup 0.0.27.exe

3 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

Is there a way to set global settings for sync.

so if I want to sync wheels say for every system I don't have to go and check every one.

also once I had done a sync last time it seemed to reset my selections back to default. Build 0.0.25 is that right?

Not yet, I want to work on a feature like that... but it's slightly complicated. Not every system has the same media set names. So the best I could do is add an apply defaults button. Then roll through and attempt for find a set named "Default" or select the first one available in the dropdown.

This is interesting. So you want to be able to sync by a single type at a time? Would you accomplish this by adding a new button somewhere or are you wanting to reset everything else to "dont sync"?

Installing a new version of the app via the installer seems to reset users settings. Let auto updater handle this for you from now on. When new builds post. open the app and wait for it to download. If you install 0.0.28, it will give you a update status.

Ar i forgot about all the different types/sets per system probably not worth trying to navigate other than "default" for everything. Could be a really good feature for 1st run to get new setups populated quick as possible though.

yeah I think updating by global would be good by type. I tend to add systems in batches especially at the beginning. And it's hard to know when stuff gets added so hitting update all wheels could be good.

non specifically it would be nice to have a couple of options in between sync everything and sync one at a time without having to set options in each system.

• Avar locked this topic

Archived