Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hyperbase Live: Public Beta

fr0stbyt3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

When I launch Hyperbase live, I'm met with a logo and a spinning progress bar, and it never progresses beyond that.

Hypersync is stating that it's deprecated, and it's not pulling any content.

Is there currently any way to sync media that's working for Hyperspin?

2 minutes ago, NipsMG said:

When I launch Hyperbase live, I'm met with a logo and a spinning progress bar, and it never progresses beyond that.

Hypersync is stating that it's deprecated, and it's not pulling any content.

Is there currently any way to sync media that's working for Hyperspin?

Hypersync is not under active development. HBL is. However, we're moving servers at the moment. So its not available. This is a beta app, so please be patient.

Just now, fr0stbyt3 said:

You should be able to use hypersync just fine. Please post and report issues if you're having problems.

Maybe I was doing something wrong.  I'll try again.  Thanks for the info, and keep up the great work.  

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a fix to why Hyperbase Live forever loads? I run hyperbaselive.exe under the core folder and when the program appears, I just get an endless progress bar and it is stuck there.

I've tried to modify, remove and reinstall with no solution.

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. Installed to D:\Program Files (x86)\Hyperbase\

Is there a fix to why Hyperbase Live forever loads? I run hyperbaselive.exe under the core folder and when the program appears, I just get an endless progress bar and it is stuck there.
I've tried to modify, remove and reinstall with no solution.
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. Installed to D:\Program Files (x86)\Hyperbase\

No. You wanna be using HyperSync at the moment anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update:

Login has been re-enabled. We're in the process of updating the database, so please pardon the dust. However, this will mean you should see more sets and have full hyperbase content coverage for all system.

For now: Sync will not work. This is likely due to the upgrades to the api the team has been working on the last few months.

Behind the scenes, I have been working on a much larger update to this project. Hoping into features currently not available in HBL or Hypersync. I hope to have an official announcement soon. It's shaping up to be a very interesting 2017.

So here is one of the screens I am working on now. ROM management will be a big part of the next full release. Clicking on the yellow tiles will trigger a dialogue with options the manually match ROMs. The tiles in blue were successful. Clicking on successfully mapped ROMs will take you to a details screen. 

unmatched_support.PNG

8 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

Built in rom naming & management is an awesome addition to a Hyperspin tool. I'm looking forward to your release. 

:) 

We're adding things like smart renaming as well. By default, we will map to whatever you have the file named. But we'll allow you to rename it based off of the names in our database. 

Also, Hyperbase can learn now. So if person A says "smb.rom" is "Super Mario Brothers.rom". Person B doesn't have to answer the same question. The system will automatically understand the second time around. 

6 minutes ago, fr0stbyt3 said:

We're adding things like smart renaming as well. By default, we will map to whatever you have the file named. But we'll allow you to rename it based off of the names in our database. 

Also, Hyperbase can learn now. So if person A says "smb.rom" is "Super Mario Brothers.rom". Person B doesn't have to answer the same question. The system will automatically understand the second time around. 

So it's sends back user data ? is there quality control ? so if Person A says that smb.rom is "suck my balls.rom". Person B won't have to deal with that ? or am I misunderstanding 

13 minutes ago, klopjero said:

So it's sends back user data ? is there quality control ? so if Person A says that smb.rom is "suck my balls.rom". Person B won't have to deal with that ? or am I misunderstanding 

Excellent point. So the way it will work is if a user manually matches a ROM (meaning we couldn't find it); The file name and the selected ROM name get sent to us. Our Admins get the final say. It's important to note, this is anonymous. No user specific data is stored.

Also, we're not letting users add ROM names. It would be simply mapping them to a name we have in our database via a drop down. So the worst someone could do is make "suck my balls.rom" always map to smb.rom on the front end. 

3 minutes ago, fr0stbyt3 said:

Excellent point. So the way it will work is if a user manually matches a ROM (meaning we couldn't find it); The file name, and the selected ROM name get sent to us. Our Admins get the final say. It's important to note, this is anonymous. No user specific data is stored.

Also we're not letting users add ROM names. It would be simple mapping them to a name we have in our database via a drop down. So the worst someone could do is make "suck my balls.rom" always map to smb.rom on the front end. 

Excellent :)

It will be a big leap forward to have something like this. 

I have hundreds of hours into sorting roms for only 30systems (not just for HS reasons though) but it will be good to have stuff match easier.

think I may just prop up my setup for now and wait for better solutions. There are many things afoot this year it seems. Exciting stuff

4 hours ago, thatman84 said:

It will be a big leap forward to have something like this. 

I have hundreds of hours into sorting roms for only 30systems (not just for HS reasons though) but it will be good to have stuff match easier.

think I may just prop up my setup for now and wait for better solutions. There are many things afoot this year it seems. Exciting stuff

This was my exact experience. I spent months massaging the data so everything was just right.

HBL is all about minimizing the gap between setup and gaming. We're just getting warmed up, gents. :)

4 hours ago, ninja2bceen said:

There is an app called fuzzy matcher in the dl page. Renaming should be quick if you have the right rom set right?

It won't be necessary when you run HBL. We'll always keep your collection up to date for you. But yes, if you already have proper naming, a 1:1 match is quicker than fuzzy matching.

Will this new rom management feature involve checksum hashes for games?

Matching games based on hashes is much more accurate than fuzzy matching based on names. This could actually become a relatively quick way to build a crowdsourced hash database for the games in each HyperList XML. We already have a great starting point with the DAT files for No-Intro, Redump, TOSEC, and Trurip. Also, if someone manually matches a game, send the hash of that game to be reviewed as a match.

Bonus points if this rom management feature had an option to auto-generate a RocketLauncher compatible rom mapping file so I could keep all my games named and organized the way I like independent of the media assets for HyperSpin. This has always been my biggest peeve about HyperSpin - I either need to rename all my games, or rename all my media assets. Rom mapping with RocketLauncher solves this, but theres no good tools I know of for building a rom mapping file.

6 hours ago, johnsanc said:

Will this new rom management feature involve checksum hashes for games?

Matching games based on hashes is much more accurate than fuzzy matching based on names. This could actually become a relatively quick way to build a crowdsourced hash database for the games in each HyperList XML. We already have a great starting point with the DAT files for No-Intro, Redump, TOSEC, and Trurip. Also, if someone manually matches a game, send the hash of that game to be reviewed as a match.

Bonus points if this rom management feature had an option to auto-generate a RocketLauncher compatible rom mapping file so I could keep all my games named and organized the way I like independent of the media assets for HyperSpin. This has always been my biggest peeve about HyperSpin - I either need to rename all my games, or rename all my media assets. Rom mapping with RocketLauncher solves this, but theres no good tools I know of for building a rom mapping file.

So, primary matching will be name, secondary will be md5 (because the requires the computer to do an on the fly calc which is slower than a string compare), and last will be fuzzy matching. We actually have md5 for a large majority of the roms out there. But the way I have it setup now will not allow for md5 hash to be saved on alternate names. So i'll actually add that right now :)

At this time, we'r'e not planning on full rocket launcher support for the initial full release. There are a ton of reasons, not the least of which is that we don't control their dev lifecycle. So we have to ensure we write any integration with them as loosely as possible to avoid breaking changes. 

That being said, the way I have things set up now, ROM name is independent of Asset name. The database houses file location with the rom metadata. So in theory,  I have already accounted for your use case. Mapping would not be needed as you can have RL naming and md5 match setup for the database.

• Avar locked this topic

Archived