Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Do you like HYPERSPIN??????

bent98

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although i havent worked out how to fully get Hyperspin running, the initial start up and display menu is worth more than the $25 i just donated.

It takes me back to my very young days of typing LOAD into my C64 and waiting 20 minutes for the game to load, as well as they days spent entirely on street fighter 1 and 2 (Especially 2!!!)

Thanks for your hard work and amazing creativity, ill be enjoying learning how to set this up.

:party:

Yes…Here is my story. It occupies my life from when I wake to when I go to sleep because I have a dream to incorporate it into a coffee table. How you may ask? For the last month or two I've been buying up all the controllers and adapters my meagre pay allows.

Last night I plugged them all in and sat down to play some games! First up I thought I'd go to the Playstation wheel, scrolling down to Tony Hawk's Pro Skater where a video started up of what the game looked like and a nice little boxart pic came flying in from the side. So I hit enter on the keyboard and picked up my Playstation 1 controller which was plugged in to the Joybox 3 in 1. Ah the memories! Feels like the year 2000 again. I grew tired of skateboarding pretty quickly and hit escape which returned me back in to Hyperspin with a short black screen in between.

Pressing escape again I went back to the main wheel and scrolled down to Gamecube which was nicely themed with all wheel and boxart pics for the games (thanks to Contraba55 and friends) and fired up Mario Kart Double Dash!! I then picked up my Gamecube controller and played the Mushroom Cup, which thanks to the widescreen hack was at 5040x1050 across 3 monitors.

After winning the cup I pressed escape and was back in the multi-coloured world of Hyperspin and decided to continue the nostalgia with Mario Kart on the Nintendo 64. This time I picked up my recently purchased original Nintendo 64 controller using another Mayflash adapter and realised that I had forgotten completely the nuances of this version, I sucked fiercely but it had been years since I’d picked up an N64 controller.

I couldn’t go past MAME either, so I plugged in the X-arcade Tankstick and fired up Mortal Kombat. A few fatalities later I dropped back into Hyperspin for the system that started it all for me, the NES. Again, with a recently purchased Third Party USB NES controller I played Hudson’s Adventure Island, Super Mario 1, 2, 3 and Kid Icarus. This is how these games were meant to be played, with the original controllers, that feeling that you aren’t prodding at some awkward Swiss army knife controller with more buttons than an MMO Mouse.

For too long, I’ve used Keyboards, Generic game pads from Saitek, Logitech et al with buttons that belie there actual function. Well never again!! This is the only way to play.

Anyway…getting back to the coffee table. I’m a Kiwi living in Australia BTW, and I found a place online over here that sells MDF flat pack arcade machines. They also have the NES controller shaped as a coffee table and I asked them if they would customise it with a pull-out built in drawer big enough to hold the Tankstick and other controllers. They told me that there was enough space to accommodate all I required.

Hopefully I can find some way to neatly organise the cables so each controller is retractable and they all connect to a powered hub so I only need to run 1 usb and 1 power cable from underneath the table to the HTPC.

With any luck, at some point in the future I’ll have a keyboard sitting on top of an NES coffee table with every system set up in Hyperspin and all I’ll need to do is select which game to play and pull that controller out of the drawer.

What do you think?

Its great, it may be a bit frustrating to overcome in the beginning, but it pays off in the end.

Imho the only frontend that does the job.

I agree with you on that. But Sometimes Its good to read the manual first. That can help alleviate any confusion.

• 3 weeks later...

First sight was impressive, there is a lot to do with it. The learning curve is difficult for those that are new but everyone started at 0 knowledge at sometime. Visually, its really neat... just have to figure out how to list the roms in full length and not cut... but I'm sure its a matter of time before figuring it out.

In short, yes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hyperspin.. best thing since emulation!!

great work fellas!! it seems to get better all the time

running HS in my cocktail cab an am planning to build a bartop!

the forum is full of advice and help from like minded people truely is a class piece of work!!

• Avar unpinned this topic

Archived