Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Do you like HYPERSPIN??????

bent98

Yeah, I just recently was wondering if there was a software program that could run all my emulators at once with out having to switch between them all. I stumbled across this site and I have been obsessed with it ever since. It's extremely confusing to set up and run but once you get the hang of it, then it starts getting better. And with the wonderful community here to help with everything it's getting easier to learn. I keep finding new stuff about it every day.

Hats off to the developer. You have created the single most important development for video gaming in it's entire history. I am a huge video game fan and the fact that I can access every game for every system with manuals, videos, art work, carts, strat guides, trailer, etc all in one place and looks amazing to boot just blows my mind. I figured some day in the far off future this would be possible but I never thought it would be any time soon. Keep up the good work!

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey gang! I just stumbled across this magical FE called Hyperspin last week, completely on accident while on YouTube.

I was blown away... I've done nothing but watch videos of Hyperspin in action all week long! :P

I'm now hopelessly obsessed and a bit overwhelmed by the scope of it all.

This should be a fun ride. :) Any advice for getting started?

Don't feel overwhelmed. Start with a solid base and slowly build. Don't try to do everything at once. I'm on my phone at the moment so can't see if you are Platinum member or not but if you aren't membership here gives you 25% off at EmuMovies and the two combined give you lazy mans artwork and video addition.

Personally I am setting up every single wheel that is currently listed in Hypersync along with detailed setups of ever emulator listed in the Hyperlaunch Global Emulators INI. It is possible to do this but it's a bit insane to do so. :) One day you may also lose your mind and try it as well. If you haven't found PleasureDome yet get googling and don't get shitlisted read their rules carefully. :)

It's like an illness. You start with MAME and think "Damn that looks good" then you grab the No-Intro collection and add all of them and go "Man this is sweet... What else is out there?" Then you suddenly realise you have just spent most of the year fiddling with your setup and have not played a single game in months.

Oh crap. Excuse me I'm off to place some 19XX and a bit of Final Fight. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to say THANKS to BBB and the Hole Community here. I know I don't post a lot on here and I apologize for that. I currently have 92 systems done in mine and I'm currently working on a Cab. I really hate to see good people leaving us all But hopefully more People will come along and help and make our community bigger. If there's any thing I can upload to help I will.

Echoing the above sentiments here. I've been quietly paying attention to this project for some time now but for one reason or another have never quite finished configuring a build. What little bit of HyperSpin I've managed to see in action has kept me coming back, though, so that's finally about to change with my first build, supporting a whopping 3 systems. :P

Anyways, I don't know how you guys do it, but thanks to everyone on the HS team for this amazing project!

I'm new here; just started using HS a couple months ago. I'm really loving it. It seemed overwhelming at first, but I took it one step at a time and I've slowly been building my dream machine. I'm still having issues getting a few emulators to run, but I have almost all of mine set up so far. The only hard part for me now is setting up the themes/wheels. I love the themes that the community has created, but I've decided to make my own for each system, since I want them to look a certain way. I really need to donate to get FTP access though, I just don't have the extra money right now, but I'm planning on it asap!

• 2 weeks later...

Also new to HyperSpin, was using Maximus Arcade for my gaming cabinet (go recroommasters.com) and it just wasn't nearly as good as HyperSpin. Took me about four days to get it all but now I've added new categories and more. As a professional software designer - I have to say I like the design a lot. There are some basic functions I would like to see added so I'll post them in the forums. It might be my only usage but HyperSpin runs constant on Windows 8 here. So far all emulators are running good.

Issues I have seen:

1) sometimes exiting a game doesn't kill it (issue with AutoHotKey exes probably)

2) Leaving focus of hyperspin and coming back - sometimes causes Hyperspin to "spin" down uncontrollable - change focus away and back usually returns control

3) Error messaging could be improved. If an XML is missing - it just says "Missing xxx.XML" but it doesn't list the directory it was looking at to get it. Things like "Cant find Default.XML for Category "XYZ" " would have been helpful - when the default for a Media Theme was missing. Took a while to figure out that I accidently deleted Default.XML from the themes folder as it make Hyperspin just look like it was broken.

4) HyperSpin.EXE is getting detected by Norton Professional as containing a TROJAN and Quarentening the file.

Features I would love to see:

1) Since HyperSpin runs constant as an arcade cabinet - it would be good to have a way to have it DEMO some games from a given category as a screen saver. For example, randomly spin through my MAME games - select a game and let it run for a while - hit ESC to return to hyperspin and do it again.

2) HyperTheme doesn't seem to support WINZIP only 7Zip it looked like. Or at least it wouldn't open the themes using WINZIP. Could be user error on my part but I couldn't figure it out.

You guys totally have my support and if there is a way I can help - I would love to pitch in.

• 4 weeks later...

@Falantrius: When Hyperspin spins uncontrollably, that's a feature for it to pick a random game if you leave it sitting there for a little bit. You can turn it off in HyperHQ. I recently did this myself, because I don't really like it. I like how Hyperspin can select a random game, but I would prefer if there were a button to press to make it happen.

• 4 months later...
  • Avar unpinned this topic

Archived