Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Do you like HYPERSPIN??????

bent98

f no hyperspin is the most confusing and hard to set up front end ever. thumbs down f*** hyperspin!!!!

it was def a good concept, but need much, much more work. i guess thats why hyperspin 2.0 still aint out and wont be for a long time. its been years of talking about it but nothing yet

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
f no hyperspin is the most confusing and hard to set up front end ever. thumbs down f*** hyperspin!!!!

it was def a good concept, but need much, much more work. i guess thats why hyperspin 2.0 still aint out and wont be for a long time. its been years of talking about it but nothing yet

Can someone please ban this fool.

Just because we will not support the torrent that you downloaded and you don't want to take time to learn how things work, you want to bash HyperSpin? Seriously? Tens of thousands of people have setup and have HyperSpin working perfectly fine. We can't help those that don't want any help or don't have the time to help themselves. We will teach and help you, but we will not support the files that you downloaded from the torrent. I suggest starting over, read the documentation, and using the official files from our download section.

About 99% of the people that download HyperSpin via a torrent expect everything to work out of the box. They want everything, they want it now, and they don't want to have to put any effort into it. This user is proof as to why we don't support this damn torrent.

king91six has a point though. I've been in configuration hell for some months now (realtime some months) and Hyperspin sure wants to not function. But with time and beer it falls into place after awhile. Do I like it? Sure! Best there's out there, free and it makes me consume humongous amounts of beer! :D

You know that old saying (probably not) "Rome wasn't built in a day"?

Anyways, Hyperspin is great, no other FE can compare. Setting it up is the best part, you always want more.

post-11008-142870584159_thumb.jpg

king91six has a point though. I've been in configuration hell for some months now (realtime some months) and Hyperspin sure wants to not function. But with time and beer it falls into place after awhile. Do I like it? Sure! Best there's out there, free and it makes me consume humongous amounts of beer! :D

Ahahahaha....quoted!!!

You're right,too much beer only for setting hyperspin,but is AWESOME!

I've to start,so good luck for me ahahaha!

Ps first post here!!!

Mate

As I said the systems were already working out of HS.

Most of them have been for the past 10 years...

Editing Main menu xml...duplicating ini's..modules for launching....Folders for media...

Hypersync to fill them....

Done....

Not "Yah Right"

I have been doing this for about 10 years.(Mame 0.69)

And have set up many front ends.

As you can see by my Join date here it is now Jan 2013 and i have over 70 complete system's running.

Rant Over......

Might of been 1 1/2 hours......

Of course I read the documentation 1st..!

(PM me email address for main menu xml)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!@!!!!!!!!!!!!. I keep coming back to this mess and all I get are road blocks. I use Maximus becuase IT WORKS with most everything I've put into it!!!! I finally got my MAME to work in HS in all it's glory with themes and vidoes and the games actually launch and close down really fast a true miracle!!. BUTTT I just dont think I will EVER get any of the other systems to work. I'll get videos to work, box art, but roms wont launch. I check file names and they match. I'll check extensions they match. I am using the most recent and what I think are to be compatible emulators with HS and nothing works. And I am only trying to get NES, Genesis, N64, and Daphne to work. I've got them all to work on Maximus without any effort. I have tried countless versions and rom sets and nothing ever works on here, and I have been working off and on for two years. All of your "doc" help is out of date and rife with errors and lacks serious important basic detail info needed in explaining how to creat and match xml and dat files. Your Rom Lister "doc" info does not work and as well as your clrmpro info is out of date and bad. Paying Gold Mem and EmuMovie fee's has only brought absolute frustration. Are the happy people here the ones with acccess to that new one click FTP download center becuase I dont get it??? And Im no fool. I have genius IQ and I am proud member of MENSA and this website does not provide basic quality info to get this thing running which can only lead me to believe is doesn't really work which I guess is why you dont charge for it and it wil be forever in beta.

I keep coming back to this mess and all I get are road blocks.

I don't see how it's a mess because Hyperspin definitely has a structure to it.

QUOTE=Bobthwarts;220168] I use Maximus becuase IT WORKS with most everything I've put into it!!!!

It is easy to setup and gain full functionality of Maximus but I've found it EXTREMELY limited compared to Hyperspin. EXTREMELY. I could make a long list of what Hyperspin does better than MA. EXTREMELY LONG. :)

QUOTE=Bobthwarts;220168] I'll get videos to work, box art, but roms wont launch. I check file names and they match. I'll check extensions they match. I am using the most recent and what I think are to be compatible emulators with HS and nothing works.

I just gotta say that with only 1 post, it doesn't seem as though you've posted asking for any kind of assistance. I have everything launching just fine because I read...and read...and read... and almost always found the answers. If I couldn't find the info or was just curious about something, I just asked and 99% of the time someone tried to help me get things working. Usually did.

QUOTE=Bobthwarts;220168] And I am only trying to get NES, Genesis, N64, and Daphne to work. I've got them all to work on Maximus without any effort.

It doesn't take much effort to setup limited software.

QUOTE=Bobthwarts;220168] I have tried countless versions and rom sets and nothing ever works on here, and I have been working off and on for two years. We're using modules to launch our games and there's always instructions inside them. These instructions include the emulator version and the games would naturally be for the same version.

QUOTE=Bobthwarts;220168] All of your "doc" help is out of date and rife with errors and lacks serious important basic detail info needed in explaining how to creat and match xml and dat files. Your Rom Lister "doc" info does not work and as well as your clrmpro info is out of date and bad.

Sorry my friend. You've been a member long than me and I used those docs. They did help me, and even if outdated, the general information still rings true and reading the other 10,000,000 threads containig more info, also did.

QUOTE=Bobthwarts;220168] Paying Gold Mem and EmuMovie fee's has only brought absolute frustration. Are the happy people here the ones with acccess to that new one click FTP download center becuase I dont get it???

The happy ones are the ones that read. No..you can't just download Hyperspin in a single click. HS Membership (Gold) = No download limit on the website and access to the ftp. What you need is HS Membership (Platinum) so that you can use HyperSync to download pretty much an entire HS setup in one click...that is after you've set it up properly.

QUOTE=Bobthwarts;220168] And Im no fool. I have genius IQ and I am proud member of MENSA and this website does not provide basic quality info to get this thing running which can only lead me to believe is doesn't really work which I guess is why you dont charge for it and it wil be forever in beta.

So you're saying that you're some sort of super genius and it would take someone with and extremely high IQ to set it up. Well, I'm definitely no genius but if you work with the community, you'll be as smart as you state. As far as, not charging a fee to download Hyperspin...are you angry about that? Or are you of the mind state that if it doesn't cost, then it ain't worth shit. Beta???

Be cool man.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!@!!!!!!!!!!!!. I keep coming back to this mess and all I get are road blocks. I use Maximus becuase IT WORKS with most everything I've put into it!!!! I finally got my MAME to work in HS in all it's glory with themes and vidoes and the games actually launch and close down really fast a true miracle!!. BUTTT I just dont think I will EVER get any of the other systems to work. I'll get videos to work, box art, but roms wont launch. I check file names and they match. I'll check extensions they match. I am using the most recent and what I think are to be compatible emulators with HS and nothing works. And I am only trying to get NES, Genesis, N64, and Daphne to work. I've got them all to work on Maximus without any effort. I have tried countless versions and rom sets and nothing ever works on here, and I have been working off and on for two years. All of your "doc" help is out of date and rife with errors and lacks serious important basic detail info needed in explaining how to creat and match xml and dat files. Your Rom Lister "doc" info does not work and as well as your clrmpro info is out of date and bad. Paying Gold Mem and EmuMovie fee's has only brought absolute frustration. Are the happy people here the ones with acccess to that new one click FTP download center becuase I dont get it??? And Im no fool. I have genius IQ and I am proud member of MENSA and this website does not provide basic quality info to get this thing running which can only lead me to believe is doesn't really work which I guess is why you dont charge for it and it wil be forever in beta.

I'm sure it's minor issues that you are having. It gets really simple after you set up a few systems. You never posted for help though! Lol. If you are up to it, I'd be willing to remote into your computer and help sort the "mess" out while explaining where you went wrong. There really is no good reason to use Maximus anymore. It's so limited. Anyway, if you feel up to it and you have the free time to sit at the computer and keep an open mind, just send me a pm and I will set you up and get you Rollin. I'm sure everyone can understand your frustration, and is willing to write that post above off as "anger posting". This is a friendly community and we will offer the support you need, you just have to ask for it -baddie

Paying Gold Mem and EmuMovie fee's has only brought absolute frustration.

Yes, cause the ease of downloading is such a pain! :hmmmm:

I finally got my MAME to work in HS in all it's glory with themes and vidoes and the games actually launch and close down really fast a true miracle!!.

Well, then you must be a genius! Seriously, this is bout the easiest system to set up, even without any documentation it's perfectly doable. Though Daphne can be a bitch, or so I've heard.

It wil be forever in beta.

Yes, because having version 1.x of HS and 2.x HL you can obviously see from the version number that it's in beta. Also, if you don't use beta software, good luck with emulators in general.

This website does not provide basic quality info to get this thing running which can only lead me to believe is doesn't really work.

Another 'genius' conclusion. Yes, the Docs section is out of date, but HS keeps evolving and the few members eligible to write it are busy enough as it is.

Also, like Baddeolv said, asking questions gets you places. Asking help has been a long proven way to learn things.

Have you read the proper HyperLauch threads?

I use Maximus becuase IT WORKS with most everything I've put into it!!!!

If you can run the emulator properly outside of HS, it shouldn't be that hard to get HS to launch it.

Do I "LIKE" HyperSpin? no

I Love HyperSpin.

Question answered.

Now on to the recent pressing concerns of a few posts above.

Please take into account that this is my opinion and I do not force it on anyone......... BUT.....

The whole point of HyperSpin is not to simply install and play. The point, as I see it, is to be able to do away with the limitations an restrictions of the software that is the frontend of your emulation/gaming experience and to be able to truly make it your own. Through simple reading of the forums and following the simple instructions that the good people there provide, you should be able to configure this magnificent piece of software to do just about anything that your heart could possibly desire. Hell, Im sure it could get my beer out of the fridge with the right script!!!!

As with anything that is worth something, a little effort goes a long way. A few questions posted in the forums and an open mind when getting the answers from the people that not only spend their time developing the software, artwork, videos, scripts, etc, etc, but also take the time (thankfully :) ) to try and work through any problem you may have of even come up with a completely new solution that may eventually benefit everybody that is involved with the project.

I came into this community not that long ago, but have been involved with many forums in the past. I can honestly say that the people here are some of, if not the friendliest bunch of people I have ever come across. It makes me sad that people can be so rude as to post a rant in a forum and pay out on something (in this case HyperSpin) when, to me at least, it is plainly obvious that they have never and will never ask a simple question!!!!

Anyways, rant over. LOL.

HyperSpin = Awesome for me.

i still do not understand why people are bashing HS or saying its hard. after install its basiclly fills up itself with hypersync..........i think most people have problems with the emulators not working and think when they place them in HS they will magiclly launch or something.........people listen, Maximus Arcade,Gameex,MALA,Atomic-FE.........wait skip the last one... are just not up to par against Hyperspin. with the full install yes you will get all the animation and sound and everything. but you can turn them all of in a second. fully configurate this baby. you can even let it look like Maximus Arcade,Gameex,MALA,Atomic-Fe.......oh no that last one wanted to look like HS.....NOT!!!.......as a contributing member for several years now i love this front-end and even more the forum, made some good friends here and its a loving community with all arcade purist that all want the same thing.

HYPERSPIN"It's not your grandmothers FE"

• 2 weeks later...

What seems to be the trouble? Do these emulators function correctly outside of HS? Setting up HS isnt brain surgery....I see one problem right away.In the wall of text you typed you dont actually say what the problem is,just that you are having problems.Thats a little to vague for anyone to be able to help you...

Also on your assumption that HS doesnt work....so a 75,000+ community all come here to discuss a non working frontend...genius

• Avar unpinned this topic

Archived