Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Do you like HYPERSPIN??????

bent98

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

I like HyperSpin, I like HyperSync, I hate HyperList, cause everything (arworks, videos...) is limited (on official FTP and HyperSync) to those arbitrary north american lists unless you do à lot of work and a lot of searches by hand (merge TurboGrafx and PC-Engine lists, find jap artworks for TurboGrafx games, add games which are in nointro lists but not in HyperList, like some perfectly playable japanese games, find artworks, rename US names to european ones and so maning fucking annoying things...).

Having so flexible applications (both HyperSpin and HyperSync) and restrict them in that way is just incomprehensible. One day, someone decide to remove US games from the PC-Engine list, the artworks are removed, and "the world" has to do with it.

The hardest work is done, with flexible apps, and it's partially ruined by the lack of a quite simple feature, HyperList containing nointro fullsets with a few predefined lists (fullset, current existing lists and so on), with artworks for all games of the fullset, allowing us to create custom lists from the whole fullset, instead of one incomplete arbitrary list.

I saw several people on french boards saying they don't use HyperSpin because of that.

I hate HyperList, cause everything (arworks, videos...) is limited (on official FTP and HyperSync) to those arbitrary north american lists unless you do à lot of work and a lot of searches by hand (merge TurboGrafx and PC-Engine lists, find jap artworks for TurboGrafx games, add games which are in nointro lists but not in HyperList, like some perfectly playable japanese games, find artworks, rename US names to european ones and so maning fucking annoying things...)..

I was under the impression everyone can upload xml's and databases to HyperList. So maybe it's just a lack of people willing to make those list and upload them. I don't know exactly, because my focus is just on other parts of this project & community.

At least I've seen enough thread with people making Japanese wheel art and such. Maybe part of this is that the US just has such a large emulation scene, but yes, I think the whole world should be included, but I have no problem with the USA lists being the standard.

US lists being the standard is not a problem, the problem is there is no "official and non manual" alternative. If you want to make a custom list on HyperList, you can only select games which are on those standard US lists, and official FTP and HyperSync only support artworks for those standard lists. It's just incomprehensible that the fullset are not supported. So it's a lot of work (or a reason to not use HyperSpin) for most of the users. If you're north american and don't speak japanese, it may be not so bad for you (I don't say "great", because some playable games are not in the lists, like Gourmet Sentai), otherwise...

• 1 month later...
Hyperspin is poop. I want plain text and absolutely no graphics/pictures. This graphically stimulating FE gives me unwanted erections.

Due to the many new updates and all this talk of Wiki's and community help I have been having difficulty in the same regard as Deadly mentioned here.

;)

We don't like Hyperspin. We love Hyperspin and it is causing inappropriate touching of Arcade machines around the world.

Due to the many new updates and all this talk of Wiki's and community help I have been having difficulty in the same regard as Deadly mentioned here.

;)

We don't like Hyperspin. We love Hyperspin and it is causing inappropriate touching of Arcade machines around the world.

LOL

Sent from Jumpers battered Samsung Galaxy S3

Hi Everyone-

I am obviously a newbie here, but just wanted to get myself a HS machine built. I am currently employed as a service tech for an amusement company, so I have experience with arcades, jukeboxes, pinballs, etc., but have very little knowledge of downloading files and working with them. I would like to find someone who has a little extra time to help me get a hard drive set up so I can build myself a HS arcade. I want to know the recommended specs for the pc and operating system (windows xp?, windows 7?, hard drive size needed, cpu recommended, etc.). If someone can help me get started, I would really appreciate it. You can call or text me at 717-521-6134. Mike

Mike. Take ya phone number off the web. :) Just saying.

Computer specs are up to your budget and what you want to run. Since you work with arcades you know the spec on them for those machines better than most. For basic MAME you can run most games on pretty much any current hardware. For big stuff like HyperPin cabs on a huge playfield you want the absolute biggest Intel computer you can get. Most people for all types recommend an Intel due to raw power on 1 CPU. For most people something mid range with say an i5 processor does most of what they want. Oh and also Windows 7 64bit or Windows 8.1 64bit is what most people use. XP is a bit of a dinosaur now.

www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?26381-Is-this-computer-a-good-idea-for-my-Hyperspin-build

www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?26675-Windows-7-or-6-amp-64bit

Regarding the HD. PleasureDome is the website you want. Start with the free torrents. MAME is what you want to get your credits up. Then once you have enough gigs go ahead and grab what you want.

www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?26420-Good-place-to-get-rom-sets

Hope that helps

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Avar unpinned this topic

Archived