Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

46" / 30" / 19" widebody cabinet

chriz99

Hi Chris,

Do you happen to have the dimensions for your DMD? It appears to be the same size as your other pins and looks good. Do you like the size? What res do you run the DMD at?

Thanks,

-Ron

the DMD-bezel is an original part from williams wpc95 generation pinballs, so the size is exactly the same. An 19" LCD (5:4 format) fits perfectly. The DMD resolution is downscaled to 640x480 (native res is 1280x1024). This hardware downscaling effect gives an authentic dmd look (better than native res).

If you want the original look and feel go this way.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris, not sure if i am missing a trick, whats the advantage of the 19" screen in a 1:1 replica machine? the dmd is only 13.38" wide and that can be covered using a 17" screen.

I am struggling to think of the advantage of using the 19 over the 17?

Chris, not sure if i am missing a trick, whats the advantage of the 19" screen in a 1:1 replica machine? the dmd is only 13.38" wide and that can be covered using a 17" screen.

I am struggling to think of the advantage of using the 19 over the 17?

I think your 17" fits perfect to your dr. who speakerpanel :five:

In my case (with an original wpc95 speakerpanel, about 340-345mm width of the dmd-area) only a 19" will cover the whole dmd cut-out area + you can hide the tft-bezel a little bit better with 19".

19" (1280x1024) Display Area width 376 mm

17" (1280x1024) Display Area width 337 mm

I think your 17" fits perfect to your dr. who speakerpanel :five:

In my case (with an original wpc95 speakerpanel, about 340-345mm width of the dmd-area) only a 19" will cover the whole dmd cut-out area + you can hide the tft-bezel a little bit better with 19".

19" (1280x1024) Display Area width 376 mm

17" (1280x1024) Display Area width 337 mm

thats odd, i thought all those williams had the same dmd size, as i based mine off the twilight zone machine i had sitting next to it. are we saying that the STNG dmd is larger than TZ or partyzone etc?

thats odd, i thought all those williams had the same dmd size, as i based mine off the twilight zone machine i had sitting next to it. are we saying that the STNG dmd is larger than TZ or partyzone etc?

the dmd-size is always the same, but the size of the dmd/speakerpanel is a little different (just a few milimetre).

the dmd-size is always the same, but the size of the dmd/speakerpanel is a little different (just a few milimetre).

ok now i am more confused. if the dmd size is the same across all the range of this style of williams machines, then the 17" monitor is big enough to cover the width of the dmd are as per mine copied from a TZ machine. if i recall its like 13.38" which you can get out of a 17" screen.

so not getting why the 19" is needed unless you want to make the dmd area bigger than the original williams ones.

I think he's saying the actual DMD (the lights panel) is the same size, but the speaker panels gap size can vary. So there is more border around it on some... and thus for SOME panels the 17 inch will produce a gap around the border.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot Chriz99 !!!Now I'have all the components to mount my cab, I'm waiting the industry relays and the arts for the cab, I'm not sure to put a new post for my cab because my level of english is so bad. Some pictures:

dsc01369s.jpg

dsc01355x.jpg

dsc01356zs.jpg

dsc01360jv.jpg

dsc01361kl.jpg

dsc01362q.jpg

dsc01364q.jpg

dsc01365g.jpg

dsc01367y.jpg

dsc01368vm.jpg

Regards

• 4 weeks later...

Here is another vid of my virtual pinball machine playing lord hiryu's new Indiana Jones table... Truly one of my favorites. Thanks for this masterpiece!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaeWTNyN3Gs&hl=de_DE&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaeWTNyN3Gs&hl=de_DE&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I want one! Where I can find? also connects directly to the ipac too?

found some on ebay at

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Omega-AU-46-Mercury-Tilt-Switch-Car-Motor-Cycle-alarms-/400043695142?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d24765c26

the first seller (a little bit cheaper, but sold out) was

http://stores.ebay.com/Mobilistics

Archived