Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

46" / 30" / 19" widebody cabinet

chriz99

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got my pacdrive controller (USB Output Driver Board) today :party:

Pacdrive.jpg

I hope we can realize such things as

- 12v contactors for bumper, slingshots, replay-knocker and game specific-events (like medieval madness trolls when they pop out, when you hit/destroy the castle or the attack from mars ufo, addams familiy when the flipperfingers pushes itself to the rythm of the music....)

- led light color-changing for flipper buttons (flipperbuttons in the original color of the dedicated pincab via rgb-led and color.ini file), blinky start-, extra- or launchball-buttons...

- real flasher / strobes (e.g. for backbox, like the addams family topper)...

- we could use bass-shaker/butt-kicker/body-pumpers for emulating pinball-shaker (earthshaker, roadshow, tales from crypt...) or for game-specific-events, like the MM castle or the AFM ufo...

Guys, this would be so awesome :D

Hi People

First for create a rgb flipper buttons it's very important to change your flipper buttons to an arcade translucent like this:

http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=83&products_id=240

with True leaf microswith.

(for the moment out of stock)

and after put inide the RGB drive like this:

http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=83&products_id=240

For use all the leds you can use the LED-Wiz 32 ports like this:

http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=239

A good idea for people that they don't have an I-Pac or Keyboard encoder a good solution is a LED Wiz + GP is a 16 led controler + 16 input joystick controler, is a fantástic controler to start your pinball project!!

Information:

http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=76_81&products_id=306

Connect instructions:

http://groovygamegear.com/PDF/LEDWIZ+GP_INSTALL_rev2.pdf

I installed those groovy game gear RGB-leds in one of my bartops. I love the effect

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jrWH42X2yo&hl=de_DE&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jrWH42X2yo&hl=de_DE&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hi Chris,

two quick questions from one of your German fans, if you don't mind:

1) Did you place the foam stripes only between playfield monitor and glass or additionally also beneath the TV, so between TV and cab?

I am thinking about the latter option to better absorb the nudges, subwoofer vibes etc.

2) Did you get them in a local "Bauhaus"?

Thanks so much

hey usul, can't wait to see your project finished. any preview pics so far?

Hi Chris,

two quick questions from one of your German fans, if you don't mind:

1) Did you place the foam stripes only between playfield monitor and glass or additionally also beneath the TV, so between TV and cab?

I am thinking about the latter option to better absorb the nudges, subwoofer vibes etc.

between glass and monitor + monitor and cab, like a sandwich.

check also the extra support for the monitor (4x extra foam)

P1030763%20%28Large%29.JPG

2) Did you get them in a local "Bauhaus"?

Thanks so much

you can get it at ebay. here is your link ;)http://stores.ebay.de/gerkaplast__W0QQ_fsubZ6633100

Hi Chris,

thanks so much for the info. You have been tremendously inspiring and helpful with your entire build thread!

I am actually just about to start my project, as I will get an empty Demolition Man Cab and also hopefully the Sharp Aquos this week. I'd like to speed things up particularly in the woodworking department over the next weeks(ends), as long as we have this beautiful weather.

So I will post pics soon. Compared to your build the only change I am planning to do is a drawer that will make the pc accessible.

But that's it. Even the TV will be the same model, as I can get that quite cheap - a lot cheaper than the LED backlit model of Sharp.

Artwork is currently out of scope for budget reasons.

Props to you.

Hi Chris,

hope you are well. Two more questions from your fellow countryman trying to safeguard everything:

If I recall correctly, you used nearly 2 cm thick foam. This did the job, right? Sufficient airflow, no heat issues?

Also thinking of my last PC mainboard that quited its job due to a hairline crack : Did you do anything to protect the PC?

Thanks so much

Hi Chris,

hope you are well. Two more questions from your fellow countryman trying to safeguard everything:

If I recall correctly, you used nearly 2 cm thick foam. This did the job, right? Sufficient airflow, no heat issues?

I used 15mm foam sideways and 2mm on top/bottom part of the lcd to make heat circulation possbile. works great, no heat issues (with 2 active fans inside the pinball cabinet)

check also this post here with some pics

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88760&postcount=9

2010-09-22%2014h52_42.png.jpg

Also thinking of my last PC mainboard that quited its job due to a hairline crack : Did you do anything to protect the PC?

Thanks so much

pc board is mounted on a mdf-sheet, which is also protected with foam (bottom and side / left and right). no probs too.

btw, jason (jsm174) from boyac forums found out that a 15.6" widescreen lcd will fit perfectly in a standard pinball backbox :top: so you can lay down your backbox for transport.

The dimensions of the 15" Dynex DX-15L150A11 LCD TV de-cased are 14 7/16" x 8 1/2" (367mm x 216mm).

wpc95pannel.jpg

look at his pics

vp_100916_013.jpg

vp_100916_011.jpg

got my pacdrive controller (USB Output Driver Board) today :party:

Pacdrive.jpg

I hope we can realize such things as

- 12v contactors for bumper, slingshots, replay-knocker and game specific-events (like medieval madness trolls when they pop out, when you hit/destroy the castle or the attack from mars ufo, addams familiy when the flipperfingers pushes itself to the rythm of the music....)

- led light color-changing for flipper buttons (flipperbuttons in the original color of the dedicated pincab via rgb-led and color.ini file), blinky start-, extra- or launchball-buttons...

- real flasher / strobes (e.g. for backbox, like the addams family topper)...

- we could use bass-shaker/butt-kicker/body-pumpers for emulating pinball-shaker (earthshaker, roadshow, tales from crypt...) or for game-specific-events, like the MM castle or the AFM ufo...

Guys, this would be so awesome :D

this is my favorite pacdrive setup, hope we can realize that :D:adore:

2010-09-29%2013h09_01.png.jpg

Chris,

I've lurked around here for a very long time, but I now I must actually come out into the open to speak. Anyway fantastic work!!! I was wondering about the shaker motor. How does it work with pac-drive? I'm trying to figure out how the code from the vp will get the shaker to fire? Once again impressive work!!!

this amazing project is currently under development by manofwar.

the pacdrive can directly communicate with the pinball (pinmame) rom. so you can specify some matrix numbers (e.g. for lamps, swichtes, solenoids).

for example:

left flasher = output 10 on pacdrive or

switch no. 39 = output 15 on pacdrive.

every time the ball hits switch 39 the lamp, solenoid or shaker gets activated on pacdrive output 15...

the same with the flasher... every time the left flasher is on, the same lamp is on pacdrive output 10 on.

so you should be able to emulate the whole lamp, solenoid and switch matrix :adore:

stay tuned, manofwar will release this masterpiece soon.

Hey i was going through your videos i noticed you tables are should the full card and bottom part... On my machine 42" there getting cut off is there a setting to fix this?

each table is different. you can adjust/stretch/scale each tables width/length in vp options.

first load a table in vp editor, then...

- select on left side the icon "options". then right side, click on physics. now you can change the values width / height.

(or was it that one...? try both... ;) ):

- select on left side icon "options" and "backdrop", then you can open on the right side "colors & formatting"... here you can adjust X and Y scale.

Archived