Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

46" / 30" / 19" widebody cabinet

chriz99

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris,

Could you elaborate on using the ledwiz with the contactors instead of optocouplers? If I understand it correctly, the coil current would flow thru ledwiz, this current is considerably higher than a typical LED current. Would ledwiz be able to handle it?

Chris,

Could you elaborate on using the ledwiz with the contactors instead of optocouplers? If I understand it correctly, the coil current would flow thru ledwiz, this current is considerably higher than a typical LED current. Would ledwiz be able to handle it?

flipperbutton is directly connected to ipac = no inputlag / 1:1 connection.

the contactors are directly connected to ledwiz and gets activated when playing a table and hitting the flipperbutton (flipper solenoid matrix number opens the output on ledwiz where the contactor is connected). other benefit is: there is no active contactor during hyperpin browsing.

ledwiz can handle up to 50V / ~500ma (with an extern powersupply). I think the 12V siemens contactors are no prob.

if you buy a ledwiz, be sure that you order the new version of the 32-output ledwiz (small chips, instead the big one)

2010-10-18%2011h27_56.png.jpg

Hi Chriz!

Cant find this board from the picture with the small chips installed.

Just got the 16 or 32 out versions on the GGG site, and

the 32 out version got big chips...

LEDwiz_LRG.jpg

Hate to order the "wrong" Led-Wiz 32 :bike:

Hi Chriz!

Cant find this board from the picture with the small chips installed.

Just got the 16 or 32 out versions on the GGG site, and

the 32 out version got big chips...

LEDwiz_LRG.jpg

Hate to order the "wrong" Led-Wiz 32 :bike:

Hey Gustav,

I think there is only the new v2 available at groovygamegear. If you prefer an european shop (to prevent tax, high shipping costs) check out Klaus from www.wolfsoft.de. He has a few ledwiz v2 in stock, too.

When you order leave a comment with your desired version, like "Board Version 2 (Small Chip)"

Chriz, could you maybe gives us an eta for the release? or some teaser shots? :P

and yes all the boards from GGG are v2 i asked the question when i ordered mine

software is almost finished, should be released soon.

today arrived a bunch siemens contactors (for some friends and myself... let's party :D ) :dancing2:

P1070527%20%28Large%29.JPG

wow nice find there my friend.

Does the software work like this

Rom: Flash credit button --> software--> ipac --> software settings output port 2 --> light?

Also i want to buy the strobe flashers also i know where to find the same pace car lights.. how do i connect them? remove the on/off switch and connect those wires to the ipac?

wow nice find there my friend.

Does the software work like this

Rom: Flash credit button --> software--> ipac --> software settings output port 2 --> light?

Also i want to buy the strobe flashers also i know where to find the same pace car lights.. how do i connect them? remove the on/off switch and connect those wires to the ipac?

no power/current wires to the ipac. all lamps, solenoids, strobes... are connected to ledwiz.

only the button/microswitch itself is connected to your ipac.

Rom: Flash credit button --> software --> ledwiz--> software settings output port 2 --> bulb inside the button flashes

btw, here is a little preview vid to see some lights in action

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk-pnZPHQts&hl=de_DE&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bk-pnZPHQts&hl=de_DE&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Archived