Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

46" / 30" / 19" widebody cabinet

chriz99

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chriz99, now that you have been playing with your cab for the last few weeks is there,

Anything you had wished you had done differently?

Something your not happy with?

If you could change a few things about your build what would they be?

I am really happy with the machine, everything works well as it should be. I simply enjoy playing it every day... but I think you can always optimize things in the future (if you want) ;)

chriz99, now that you have been playing with your cab for the last few weeks is there,

Anything you had wished you had done differently?

Something your not happy with?

If you could change a few things about your build what would they be?

I am really happy with the machine, everything works well as it should be. I simply enjoy playing it every day... but I think you can always optimize things in the future (if you want) ;)

So you dont regret going for the LCD being mounted right at the top of the machine (i guess you didnt have much choice) rather than having the LCD playfield sit a bit lower like a really playfield?

my intention was to build a bezel-less full screen virtual pinball machine, so I prefer no bezel to depth.

I think there is also a better viewing angle with a top mounted screen.

just like everything, it's a matter of taste, I guess ;)

my intention was to build a bezel-less full screen virtual pinball machine, so I prefer no bezel to depth.

I think there is also a better viewing angle with a top mounted screen.

just like everything, it's a matter of taste, I guess ;)

That is very true. Im just trying to decide weather to have a 40" Playfield, bezel-less on a standard size lockdown bar, or go for a 42" playfield with a bezel on a widebody lockdown bar

Lettuce, if you go with older Bally wide body you could have both 46" LCD and a proper angle. They are few inches wider than WMS wide body that Chris used. Hope this helps. Look up Future Spa on ipdb.org, that is the cabinet I am referring to.

Lettuce, if you go with older Bally wide body you could have both 46" LCD and a proper angle. They are few inches wider than WMS wide body that Chris used. Hope this helps. Look up Future Spa on ipdb.org, that is the cabinet I am referring to.

Ah thanks for that ill have a look. Any idea if there were any larger sized standard lockdown bars?, i was reading H4CK3R's build thread and he somehow managed to get a 42" in a standard lockdown bar!!!

fine adjusted my 2 tilt-bobs, works very well now. check out the smooth nudging... you can nudge left and right separately.

here is a youtube-vid for you:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBa_uX69hTQ&hl=de_DE&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBa_uX69hTQ&hl=de_DE&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Hi Chris,

the nudging looks great! How do you differentiate the left/right nudging with your two tilt-bobs? When you move the table, both tilt-bobs are affected - maybe I'm missing something ...

Thanks,

Timm

I believe that he tapes off one side of each tilt bob.

I would like to see how hard you are actually pushing your cabinet to get it to do this? I have a couple tilt bobs laying around and I want to try this method. My problem is that my heavy cab with rubber castor doesn't want to move very much.

It also looks like you are nudging the machine in the same direction that the ball moves when it is nudged. I know this point has been argued over in the past, but I do it opposite. Right nudge (pushing the machine from the right side to the left) moves the ball to the right (closer to how a real machine works).

You are moving the table, underneath the ball. The only time that the ball nudges in the direction that you hit the table, is if the ball is up against a wall or rail.

I believe that he tapes off one side of each tilt bob.

yes, the unwanted areas of the tilt-bob are simply taped.

I would like to see how hard you are actually pushing your cabinet to get it to do this? I have a couple tilt bobs laying around and I want to try this method. My problem is that my heavy cab with rubber castor doesn't want to move very much.

I have also rubber castor, its no problem. you can adjust how hard you want to push your cab... simply via the tilt-bob (up/down).

It also looks like you are nudging the machine in the same direction that the ball moves when it is nudged. I know this point has been argued over in the past, but I do it opposite. Right nudge (pushing the machine from the right side to the left) moves the ball to the right (closer to how a real machine works).

You are moving the table, underneath the ball. The only time that the ball nudges in the direction that you hit the table, is if the ball is up against a wall or rail.

yes, but you can change the direction easily via the IPAC-software (simply change the nudge-right/nudge-left button).

Chris,

something else in your pictures your cab runs sttng pinball but with black flippers i have the older table from the pack that runs red flippers, is your newer? can post it for me?

check out vpforums downloads, pakitt1 posted his sttng fs mod there.

Archived