Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

46" / 30" / 19" widebody cabinet

chriz99

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
second update today ;)

installed 3 usb-ports, headphone/mic-jack and a cardreader at the bottom of the pincab.

P1040977%20%28Medium%29.JPG

P1040979%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Chris i just had to join the forum to comment on the table you built--- Way awesome and beyond anything I have ever seen. BRAVO!!!! :congrats: :congrats:

but I noticed that you are keeping some secrets from us here on the forum and i was wondering if you would share them?

1: the backglass table and led moniters- what brand are they? I know you said "no Name brand" but every moniter company has a name so please share!

2: Also alot of us pinball fans shed tears of greif and pain on the thought of parting a sttng cab so could you please for the rest of us that wish to follow in your footsteps share with the proper cabnet dementions of the sttng so we can build one ourselves?

3: exactly what is the pc hardware your using: (mobo , processor, vid card, ram ect....) I think I read that your using tiny xp but what hardware? Please Tell us!!

Once again Thanks for all you've done for the vpin community by giving life to your dream and hopes for ours to come true!!!

hey Pin-bot2005,

thanks for your kind words! :beer:

1: the backglass table and led moniters- what brand are they? I know you said "no Name brand" but every moniter company has a name so please share!

the 30" backglass screen is a 720p tv with pc-input (dvi and vga). brand is called "medion". I don't remember the exact modell number. the dmd-screen is a 19" benq tft-pc monitor.

2: Also alot of us pinball fans shed tears of greif and pain on the thought of parting a sttng cab so could you please for the rest of us that wish to follow in your footsteps share with the proper cabnet dementions of the sttng so we can build one ourselves?

I didn't parted the STTNG. I bought the naked cabinet from an commercial amusment dealer. There are also naked cabs on ebay sometimes.

If you buy a naked cabinet you can breathe life into a dead pinball cabinet ;)

here are the cabinet dimensions (approximately) in centimeters (standard bally/williams widebody cabinet):

2010-06-01%2021h02_13.jpg

2010-06-01%2021h01_53.jpg

3: exactly what is the pc hardware your using: (mobo , processor, vid card, ram ect....) I think I read that your using tiny xp but what hardware? Please Tell us!!

old setup (runs nice):

- pc-setup

---> winxp sp3

---> core2duo @ 3600mhz

---> asus p5wdh deluxe mainboard

---> 4gig 1066 ddr2 ram

---> 32gb ssd super talent (read: 230MB/s - write: 160MB/s)

---> nvidia gtx260 with 1792mb ram (for playfield and dmd)

---> nvidia gs7600 with 512mb ram (for backbox/backglass)

---> soundblaster x-fi crystalizer pci soundcard (great enhancement for pinball-sound)

---> 2.1 quality teufel soundsystem with huge subwoofer (provides a nice and clear force-feedback)

---> 550 watt 80+ arctic psu / 86% efficiency (pc power consumption is averagly about 200 watt)

- 2 industry relay (contactors) for flipper-force-feedback (wow effect, check out my youtube-vid)

- 2 original pinball tilt-bobs for nudge-left and nudge-right + mercury switches

- original star trek tng plunger gun

- all connected to an ipac/interfasd buttoninterface

- 3x 22cm fans for cab ventilation / silent & powerfull 600rpm, 161.61m³/h (2x cabinet / 1x backbox)

new setup (runs a little bit better/smoother):

Motherboard (make and model if known): MSI P55-GD65

Processor make and speed: i5-750

Dual or quad core: quad

Is it overclocked?: yes, to 4x 4ghz (tested also 4.5ghz)

RAM: 2x2GB

DDR2/3: DDR3 1600 (8-8-8 timing)

Graphic card(s): 2x GTX260 1792mb videoram for playfield and dmd+backglass (costs only 140 bucks secondhand)

Hard drive SATA/IDE: SATA 32GB

Solid state or normal HDD: SSD

Power supply wattage: 550W 80+ energy efficient (power consumptions of the whole pc is about 450w/load via prime and furmark... during normal gameplay about 350w)

Do you run 2 or 3 monitors: 3 screens (46" playfield, 30" backglass, 19" dmd)

Do you use UVP animated backglass: here and there

Operating system: XP SP3

32 or 64bit: 32bit

Soundcard: soundblaster x-fi xtreme music

- optimized bios (turned off all unnecessary things like firewire, ide, comports, onboard audio...)

- optimized xp (turned off all unnecessary services, virtual mem, system restore...)

not one to steal a thread as this build inspired my build also. but if you check my build thread you will find a dimension guide for widebodies for a build your own. :)

:idea: hey there guys! I found this plan on a different website. i think it is the real widebody plans!! : http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=1d21a6d4a39a3c20d64db1a039022a63&action=dlattach;topic=84133.0;attach=147814 = courtesy of macattack

if it is the real widbody plans can one of you mods please host the file here or can one of you guys please make a megaupload of it and post the link here so we all can have it to build a dream cab? i only have internet here at work so my access to the web is extreemly limited.

Hey mameman- Are these your plans? I went back to check and the photobucket link on your thread links to the same one for macattack.

UPDATE: the link has been flukey as of late and is up and down alot and gives a 404 error; so here is a copy I saved from the site: http://www.mediafire.com/file/n0jvdwdxmmt/Williams Widebody.pdf

I have the plans at home so if the link above doesn't work for anyone, pm me with your email and i'll send it to you

Hi, I'm not sure that how to mount on cabinet the glass and the siderails/lockbar on Sharp 46" LCD. It's very important for me, I'm following your steps, and I blocked in this part. Thanks in advace and sorry fom my english, it's no my native language too.

Hey Chris and all you cab owners<

I had another question: some of you 42" and 46" lcd cab owners say that the pinball in the game is the proper size for both screens. i was wondering which one was right?

Chris and Mameman: I really love your builds, but realism is very important to me so before I start diving in, I was hoping we all here on the forums can get your impressions on size.

regular pinball size real life=?????

ball size 46"=???

ball size 42"=???

Hey Chris and all you cab owners<

I had another question: some of you 42" and 46" lcd cab owners say that the pinball in the game is the proper size for both screens. i was wondering which one was right?

Chris and Mameman: I really love your builds, but realism is very important to me so before I start diving in, I was hoping we all here on the forums can get your impressions on size.

regular pinball size real life=?????

ball size 46"=???

ball size 42"=???

check this 2 pics... what more realism do you need? :D;) you can also check my youtube nudging vid and gameplay video.

P1030400%20%28Large%29.JPG

P1030382%20%28Large%29.JPG

check this 2 pics... what more realism do you need? :D;) you can also check my youtube nudging vid and gameplay video.

P1030400%20%28Large%29.JPG

P1030382%20%28Large%29.JPG

:stupido2:OK OK OK!!!!:stupido2:

I'm convinced!!!::adore::adore:

42" table owners, sorry but chris has converted another one!!!

be nice to have the sizes though!!! can anyone contribute the measurements?

How to mount the TV on the pinball? and how to support the crystal on the TV?

It's very Important, this weekend I will to dissasemble my Sharp Aquos tv.

ok, here is a bunch of pics for you...

P1020719%20%28Large%29.JPG

-->

mas.png.jpg

-->

P1020739%20%28Large%29.JPG

-->

P1020755444.jpg

P1030768%20%28Large%29.JPG

P1030763%20%28Large%29.JPG

P1020740%20%28Large%29.JPG

The TV it's supported with two wooden bars inside the pinball too? or only it's a protection?

sorry for asking so much.

It looks like it is used as extra support for his playfield LCD since it sits on top of the sides after he milled his cab. I should do the same for mine cause I am only using the existing side rails that use to hold the original playfield with a few paint stir sticks as shims to level my table out. Keep in mine my playfield is only 37" and his is 46" which will be a bit heavier.

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=646&g2_serialNumber=2

got a little parcel today ;)

a small pcb for my siemens contactors which sends the flipperbutton keystrokes now directly to the IPAC. I mean the siemens contactors does a good job and have nearly no lag but there are other relays/contactors (like gloeckner/moeller) with more delay. So this pcb helps a lot.

I just love to optimize things for better gameplay :D (for example... to win the fistfight on the lethal weapon table (buttonsmasher) is no problem now ;) )

If you are interested to build your own pcb or buy a custom-made check this site: http://wolfsoft.de/wordpress/?p=655

P1050243%20%28Medium%29.JPGP1050244%20%28Medium%29.JPG

P1050237%20%28Medium%29.JPGP1050242%20%28Medium%29.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

got my powder coated (fine structure / dull finish) lockbar, legs and siderails today :)

The playfield screen is more "invisible" now.

I love that finestructure powder coat. The look and feel is like the original one.

P1050480%20%28Medium%29.JPG

P1050485%20%28Medium%29.JPG

P1050487%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Possible to describe the pcb in detail so it can be copied ? ( parts,diodes ... ),and how to hook all up after install. I use the siemens relais sirius 3rt1016-1ba42.

The sceme of the link is hard to read and it's talking about 24 V, i'm using 12 V. THANX

Possible to describe the pcb in detail so it can be copied ? ( parts,diodes ... ),and how to hook all up after install. I use the siemens relais sirius 3rt1016-1ba42.

The sceme of the link is hard to read and it's talking about 24 V, i'm using 12 V. THANX

I ordered mine directly from wolfsoft for my 12v siemens contactors. feel free to contact Klaus on his website for further details.

cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Archived