Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

My Emumovies projects

DamnedRegistrations

UPDATE

Hey everyone. Haven't been around for months. Sorry, I don't really work on Hyperspin stuff anymore. Just vids for Emumovies. Speaking of which, I saw that Circo got around to uploading something great I finished a while back. So be sure to hop on FTP or Hypersync and grab them. Happy new years all.

NEC PC Engine -- entire new HQ set!

Nintendo DS -- 222 vids

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

UPDATE

Just a heads up: Circo is now getting around to processing the rest of the vids I submitted a while back. A lot of random gaps being filled in for various systems, would be easier if you just checked the Update section of the forums at Emumovies. Also we now finally have some Atari ST vids! I did #-A which doesn't sound like much but that system is a total pain to record. I'll get back to it eventually after I finish a few other setups.

Atari ST - 184 Vids

• 1 month later...

UPDATE

Redid the Atari 5200 set including all the games to match the latest db. I've actually been redoing a bunch of sets so we'll have new clean 60fps vids to replace all the old low quality 30fps ones. I've already finished a few systems and yes the main menu vids too! That includes NES, Famicom Disk System and Bandai Wonderswan Color. Almost done with Atari 7800 now. You'll have to wait until Circo has time to process and upload all these though.

Atari 5200 - 91 Vids

51 minutes ago, DamnedRegistrations said:

UPDATE

Redid the Atari 5200 set including all the games to match the latest db. I've actually been redoing a bunch of sets so we'll have new clean 60fps vids to replace all the old low quality 30fps ones. I've already finished a few systems and yes the main menu vids too! That includes NES, Famicom Disk System and Bandai Wonderswan Color. Almost done with Atari 7800 now. You'll have to wait until Circo has time to process and upload all these though.

Atari 5200 - 91 Vids

Thanks man. You are amazing.

10 hours ago, fire10 said:

Holy crap damned I wondered where you had gone,  awesome job mate hugely appreciated as always

lol I only do Emumovies vids now, takes up so much free time and there's so much left to do. So I can't really work on Hyperspin stuff like I used to.

6 hours ago, ninja2bceen said:

Any plans for n3ds?

I haven't even tried out Citra yet. I'm still working on Nintendo DS and there's still about 530 vids to go. So it'll be a while as I'm first trying to redo all the old low quality 30fps vids we have. Obviously I can't redo like all the MAME vids though as there are just too damn many and it'd take years. But I can do all these smaller sets.

I hope this isn't an issue with others but Circo alerted me to something with all these 5200 vids I did. You may notice some slight lines that I overlooked the whole time I was recording them. Well I found the cause. This stupid Atari800 emulator has scanlines enabled by default, buried in the clunky menu. It was on a very low setting but still enabled. I had no idea. Well there's no way I'm redoing the entire set plus the main menu vid again. So I hope everyone can live with some faint scanlines in the 5200 vids. Sorry.

1 hour ago, DamnedRegistrations said:

Okay, forget what I said above. I'm going to redo this whole 5200 set yet again. lol can't believe I'm doing this, really not a fan of this system and the stupid numeric pad games. But I can't just leave the vids with scanlines, that wouldn't be right.

Are the scan lines a problem? I don't think it matters, something that always bugged be, on the other hand, is that most GBC videos were recorded using the default VBA settings, i.e., almost all videos have 2 frame skip, which makes GBC look like a terrible system, were these re-recorded?

I don't even have a5200 in my setup, but scan lines can be a good thing, reworking on a5200 will take the time you could be using recording new videos for another system.

Your efforts are much appreciated DR.

9 minutes ago, Aorin said:

Are the scan lines a problem? I don't think it matters, something that always bugged be, on the other hand, is that most GBC videos were recorded using the default VBA settings, i.e., almost all videos have 2 frame skip, which makes GBC look like a terrible system, were these re-recorded?

I don't even have a5200 in my setup, but scan lines can be a good thing, reworking on a5200 will take the time you could be using recording new videos for another system.

Your efforts are much appreciated DR.

Videos should always be unfiltered. Meaning no special scalng fx, scanlines or anything. Basically as accurate as possible is how we like them. I usually always do clean vids but messed up here.

Never noticed the frame skipping but the GBC vids do need to be redone as they're old, blurry and only 30fps. Game Boy needs doing too. I use RetroArch with Gambatte core for Game Boy systems though so that's what I'll record with, as it also has color correction built in.

1 hour ago, DamnedRegistrations said:

Videos should always be unfiltered. Meaning no special scalng fx, scanlines or anything. Basically as accurate as possible is how we like them. I usually always do clean vids but messed up here.

Never noticed the frame skipping but the GBC vids do need to be redone as they're old, blurry and only 30fps. Game Boy needs doing too. I use RetroArch with Gambatte core for Game Boy systems though so that's what I'll record with, as it also has color correction built in.

I understand it has standards, it just will hold you a little longer on that system.

About the GB videos, it's a little different, the original GB has a green LCD, videos recorded for it are black and white which doesn't remind in nothing that those are Game Boy games, Retroarch shaders for GB can reproduce how the original games played back then, can this system be recorded this way?

Ignore the Game Boy border, this is how Retroarch plays Game Boy games in a 16:9 (40") screen, I wonder, if someone record Game Boy games, by EM standards, this should be the correct way to do, right?

Except the border, which is just an overlay to fill the wide-screen black bars, if you don't use shaders to simulate a real Game Boy screen, by strictly following EM standards, the games will end up in black and white again.

2_zps3a4n6ol5.jpg

Shaders fall into the same category as filtering, not to be used when recording videos. GB vids are recorded in black and white because that is the raw default setup for GB. If you want to make the vids appear like the original GB screen, you can simply use a theme with a green video overlay or add one yourself. The unified widescreen theme for example has the overlay applied though the hue needs to be tweaked. You can find it on ftp still I believe.

Clipboard01.jpg.9b3d4c768c4da90065b28813a6ec024f.jpg

UPDATE

More vids have been processed and uploaded. Plenty more to come too. This includes the new 5200 vids too without the scanlines that I finished the other day. Also includes a new Atari 7800 set and menu vid. So grab everything you need and don't forget the new main menu videos.

Bandai Wonderswan Color - Main menu

Atari 5200 - Main menu

Atari 7800 - 61 vids + Main menu

Nintendo DS - 121 vids

• 1 month later...

BIG UPDATE

Forgot to update this topic. I finally finished my long winter project a week or so ago. You can now grab a brand new Sega Genesis set! There were only about 10 games I didn't have to do. The rest of the old blurry 30fps clips have been replaced. Also a bunch of redone N64 vids too.

Sega Genesis - 993 vids

Nintendo 64 - 102 vids

4 hours ago, DamnedRegistrations said:

BIG UPDATE

Forgot to update this topic. I finally finished my long winter project a week or so ago. You can now grab a brand new Sega Genesis set! There were only about 10 games I didn't have to do. The rest of the old blurry 30fps clips have been replaced. Also a bunch of redone N64 vids too.

Sega Genesis - 993 vids

Nintendo 64 - 102 vids

Amazing as always. Thank you very much.

• 2 months later...

MAJOR UPDATE

Hi again, sorry I never update this topic. I don't really come here anymore. I'd say this constitutes another big update announcement. Since last posting here, I've redone the entire Sega Master System, Sega Game Gear, Nintendo Game Boy and Nintendo Game Boy Color sets. All now are sharp, clean and smooth 60fps clips. There will be more to come as I've also recently finished Famicom Disk System and I'm working through the huge Game Boy Advance set now. I'm not going to list the amount of vids I did as I don't remember lol

So just hop on Hypersync or Emumovies FTP, and grab all the new sets! I've also done all the latest Eng translated roms too for various systems. So check for the following:

Sega Master System

Sega Game Gear

Nintendo Game Boy

Nintendo Game Boy Color

Archived