Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSpin 1.5.1 Public Release

fr0stbyt3

On 3/18/2020 at 3:33 PM, fr0stbyt3 said:

To help you diagnose this:

- First download a fresh copy of 1.5.1 and assure that it fails as well. 

- Make sure any virus protection still has an exemption for hyperspin

- Post your full windows version number run winver and it'll show you

Is anyone working on a fix for this  (Windows 10 x64 Build 2004)?

A few people are all now saying the same thing (Hyperspin won't load) and this could be a major issue soon as this is a May 2020 windows update, so will probably be rolled out soon to everyone.

Thanks

@gigapig

Any plans for update or is HS finally dead ? 

On 5/19/2020 at 1:43 AM, Creezz67 said:

Is anyone working on a fix for this  (Windows 10 x64 Build 2004)?

A few people are all now saying the same thing (Hyperspin won't load) and this could be a major issue soon as this is a May 2020 windows update, so will probably be rolled out soon to everyone.

Thanks

13 minutes ago, dontbugme said:

@gigapig

Any plans for update or is HS finally dead ? 

Your name says it all 🤣

If you mean with this Windows update? 

I would hope not as the devs were able to fix the last issue Windows brought. 

I have not had the update yet on my W10 machine and my arcade machine is W7, thankfully. 

I will ask the devs and see if they have run into any issues. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gigapig said:

Your name says it all 🤣

If you mean with this Windows update? 

I would hope not as the devs were able to fix the last issue Windows brought. 

I have not had the update yet on my W10 machine and my arcade machine is W7, thankfully. 

I will ask the devs and see if they have run into any issues. 

I think too many people have now said the same thing, so I would have thought this needs urgent attention.

It is a major update release on Windows Updates due to be released to everyone as of yesterday (22/05/2020) See attached

windows version 2004 (20H1).png

16 minutes ago, gigapig said:

just checked my PC and only received a Windows Defender up date. 

It will probably be a staggered update worldwide, due to the amount of people.

It imminent, so problems will be coming very soon for everyone. Hopefully not a major issue for devs to update exe, but i remember a few years ago the same thing happened after a major update and Hyperspin was unusable for weeks until they fixed it.

Another person has this issue here - as well as dontbugme.

3 hours ago, gigapig said:

Your name says it all 

Nice i put a smile on your face so please dont bug me 🤪

Its likly that updates are comming step by step to users. 
The error looke like the error before Version 1.5.1 (for me as user). 

On 5/11/2020 at 12:48 PM, Tranzior said:

is not helping getting the same error, uninstalling Java does not help as well

Here is the log which i can get from AppCreashView tool:

Exception Code: 0xc0000005  

Fault Module Name:  ntdll.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.19624.1000  

Is everyone getting the same error code above? Is there a stacktrace associated with this error?

I just checked for updates, installed whatever it found then went to the "about" page of my PC. It says build 1909. So whatever this 2004 build is, it's not updating my PC to it. After some google search, it said 2004 build was highly unstable back in March. Maybe you guys can revert back to at least build 1909? 

We're working on it. I reached out my Microsoft contact as well for comments on changes related to security and this DLL. I'm hoping to hear back from them in the next day or so.

If you can delay the update for now, do so. If not, please be patient. We're on it.

• Like 3
  • Super Like 2

hola ayer se me actualizo windows 10  ala version  2004 teniendo la 1903 y hyperspin me hiba de lujo  pero al actualizarse  a la version 2004 no arranca  y eso que le vuelto a actializar ala version 1.5.1 a ver si me podeis ayudar gracias

5 hours ago, Agonar said:

Ciao, ieri Windows 10 è stato aggiornato alla versione 2004, con il 1903 e l'iperspin, mi ha fatto molto piacere, ma quando si aggiorna alla versione 2004, non si avvia e che ha aggiornato la versione 1.5.1 per vedere se mi potete aiutare, grazie

you have to wait for a new version of Hyperspin

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 7:24 AM, Gothicplsur said:

I noticed that sometimes when I go to Task Manager an instance of Hyperspin or sometimes a couple Hyperspin are running in the background, even sometimes HyperHQ if I've been working with that keep HS from launching. I'm current with my Windows updates constantly and never had a problem with running HS. I do have it running as administrator from the .exe "properties". Only thing I would suggest if you haven't tried already is re-download Hyperspin 1.5.1 place it for now on the desktop and running that fresh .exe to see if it runs. Another thing I suggest which may or may not be the issue, uninstall and instance of "Java" from your machine, from the add/remove list of programs. Hope that helps.

Sorry, i know I am a little late in replying. I havent been on here in some time. Anyhoo....you can create an ahk converted to exe to run when closing HS. something like:

If ProcessExist("hyperspin.exe")
  Process, Close, hyperspin.exe
exitapp

this isn't tested, and I am not home atm.... but I use the process close function attached to hotkeys on many scripts on my pooter . You can change the process name as you like or add additional process to be checked and closed. Again, I am not home to test if I am right with this, but its a start and the AHK forums will get you sorted out if this isn't right. I am pretty certain it is though. Take care!

exitapp

IF !errorlevel=

else
{
Run example2.exe
}

• 2 weeks later...

That wont work if exit did not get fully called which is usually why hyperlaunch didnt close...
you would want something along the lines of

---------------------
SetTitleMatchMode, 3
sleep, 4000
WinGetTitle, NAME, A
WinWait, %NAME%
WinWaitClose
process, close, problem.exe
---------------------

i would personally just make a bat file that had the usuall suspects in it.. 

-------------------
taskkill /f /im 1stproblem.exe
taskkill /f /im 2ndproblem.exe
taskkill /f /im 3rdproblem.exe
taskkill /f /im 4thproblem.exe
--------------------
save that as issue.bat
and then instead of:
"process, close, problem.exe"
have:
"run, issue.bat" 

that SHOULD wait 4 seconds after you launch the exe then get the name of the exe you opened.
use the name it gets from winget title to populate the winwait.
Then when it is closed it should continue to close hyperspin, or run the bat. 
That way it does not matter if the exit call didn't work. 

cant guarantee that it will work but something like that should be the better method.