Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSpin 1.5.1 Public Release

fr0stbyt3

4 hours ago, thatman84 said:

@malarrya this thread is working for me

Thanks, this thread is working for me again... weird.
I converted all my PNGs to JPGs then back to PNGs using this FREE converter and it now works AWESOME! https://sourceforge.net/projects/bulkimageconver/
I also finally got Sophos to stop being a huge PITA and ignore the Hyperspin files.

Thanks everyone for the help!

D&D.png

• Like 2

Anyone know if there will ever be an update to sort the hyperspin menu freezing problem?  Where the controls just become unresponsive and it stays on the same game on the menu.   Driving me nuts. Sick of having to restart the system! 

• Super Like 1

19 minutes ago, Martin0037 said:

Anyone know if there will ever be an update to sort the hyperspin menu freezing problem?  Where the controls just become unresponsive and it stays on the same game on the menu.   Driving me nuts. Sick of having to restart the system! 

Isn't that down to a bad theme/bad wheel art or mixture of flv & mp4 video? 

No idea but it’s a pain in the arse!! There’s a thread on here about it somewhere.  Someone said they thought it was a memory leak?  Or am I one of only a few with this problem?   

I only have just 1 wheel for mame nothing else,  someone mentioned using main menu changer app that refreshes the wheels but apparently it wouldn’t work for me as I’m only using the 1 wheel.  I’ll try and find the thread.    Wish I could get this fixed cos I play for an hour or two then have to restart the pc. 

So I upgraded my PC which required me to re-install Windows 10, and I was finally stricken with the inability to launch HS.

Downloaded the 1.5.1 Update and its working for my default setup fine. But... when I launch the version using my Retro Cafe Default theme layout it crashes.

I will try and figure out what element is causing the error and report in.

• Like 1

Please let use know what you find out.

So I upgraded my PC which required me to re-install Windows 10, and I was finally stricken with the inability to launch HS.
Downloaded the 1.5.1 Update and its working for my default setup fine. But... when I launch the version using my Retro Cafe Default theme layout it crashes.
I will try and figure out what element is causing the error and report in.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well I have done some tinkering but still cant get it to work.
Looked through settings file to find abnormalities.. tried moving and changing media.. nada.

I have tried the default.zip theme in my other version and it loads fine.. 
Its very strange, may be HDD corruption perhaps.

Log just shows.

03:40:18 PM |  HyperSpin Started 
03:40:18 PM |  Going FullScreen 
03:40:18 PM |  Checking for updates 
03:40:18 PM |  Update Check Complete 
03:40:18 PM |  Startup program unavailable 
03:40:19 PM |  Playing intro video 
03:40:20 PM |  Error intializing joysticks 
03:40:20 PM |  Menu Mode is multi 
03:40:20 PM |  Loading Main Menu.xml 
03:40:20 PM |  Main Menu.xml successfully loaded 

Then it will stop responding.

I will just rebuild a new version and see how I go.

Hi all. After downloading the 1.5.1 update files and copying and pasting the UNZIPPED files into my Hyperspin A. (Expansion) Drive I still can't launch. I have set the A Drive to Exclusions in Windows Defender but still receive a Open File - Security Warning message when clicking on my Hyperspin shortcut. Hyperspin turns on in my Task Manager but nothing actually starts. Is it my Rocketlauncher (1.2.0.1)?

You need to make sure that you have changed the directory structure in files such as Hyperspin settings

They are default at c:\Hyperspin

I cannot tell you how many files or which files, but I think there are only 2 or 3 files that you have to change.

Regards

Mark

Hyperspin\settings\settings.ini is one

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2018 at 5:51 AM, fr0stbyt3 said:

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

So it turns out it was one of my Special artwork files which was causing the crash. The underlay/border I modified.

Not sure as to why its causing the crash however as it was working fine prior to the 1.5 upgrade.

If the Devs want to do some troubleshooting another Special Art Project I posted here also seems to crash Hyperspin. It might be one of the settings/effects used, but still to tinker with it.

PS. Sorry to any out there using this artwork and are also having issues.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m still getting the menu freezing problem!   Really annoying. I’ve checked the demo video files and they all pretty much look the same size.  Anything else I ought to be looking at?   I can’t really seee a particular pattern to when it does it and its always someone else playing it when it does it and never  seems to be on the same game  

Ive known it go 12hours or more without a problem, then so themes two hours and it freezes on a game on the wheel.  

No idea. 

23 hours ago, Martin0037 said:

I’m still getting the menu freezing problem!   Really annoying. I’ve checked the demo video files and they all pretty much look the same size.  Anything else I ought to be looking at?   I can’t really seee a particular pattern to when it does it and its always someone else playing it when it does it and never  seems to be on the same game  

Ive known it go 12hours or more without a problem, then so themes two hours and it freezes on a game on the wheel.  

No idea. 

In hyperhq do you have the setting reload background checked? You’ll want to have that checked on every system. I think that is what you are describing by a theme freezing on the wheel

• 2 weeks later...

Very Special Thanks to @Kondorito for helping me with my crashing issue.

Image result for thumbs up

It seems that my Special Artwork Layer A1 was not directly causing the crash, but it was with the the settings.ini for each of the systems where Length was set as 0.
Adjusting this to anything > 0 seems to fix the crash.

[Special Art A]
default=false
active=true
x=512
y=384
in=0
out=0
length=1
delay=0
type=none
start=none

Not sure why this was only crashing when 1.5.1 came into play, but here we are.

Soo if you are using my 8Bitdo Special Artwork Layers or my Retro Cafe Theme and your system is also crashing, adjust each of your length=0 settings to the above.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2018 at 6:18 AM, Martin0037 said:

...I’ve checked the wheel images and they all look the same size too

Before I reformatted from Win10 to Win7, I had something similar. I would play a couple games then all of sudden my joystick and buttons just stopped working. Keyboard worked just fine in the wheel menu. It was driving me crazy.. I use JoytoKey and for some reason I unchecked the option 'Disable emulation of key/mouse assignments' under Preferences. This fixed my issue, maybe for some reason joytokey was always in focus even though it was taskbar.. dunno, but it worked.. However, a month after that I ended up reformatting to Win7 and fixed some other slowness / delay issues I was also experiencing while on Win10.

On 11/5/2018 at 11:08 AM, ninja2bceen said:

In hyperhq do you have the setting reload background checked? You’ll want to have that checked on every system. I think that is what you are describing by a theme freezing on the wheel

Thanks mate.

I’ve looked and I’d not got “reload background” checked.   Turned it on and it still does it...    was hoping that would fix it.  I also use an ipac so I don’t use joy to key. 

Wonder what else it could be? 

On 11/27/2018 at 7:23 PM, natari said:

Before I reformatted from Win10 to Win7, I had something similar. I would play a couple games then all of sudden my joystick and buttons just stopped working. Keyboard worked just fine in the wheel menu. It was driving me crazy.. I use JoytoKey and for some reason I unchecked the option 'Disable emulation of key/mouse assignments' under Preferences. This fixed my issue, maybe for some reason joytokey was always in focus even though it was taskbar.. dunno, but it worked.. However, a month after that I ended up reformatting to Win7 and fixed some other slowness / delay issues I was also experiencing while on Win10.

I don’t think my problem is the keyboard encoder as when it freezes it just stays on the current game on the wheel. The video keeps looping over and over instead of playing the video in full then spinning the wheel and landing on another game it just stays on that one.   Moving player 1 joystick or pressing any buttons to start game or change genre doesn’t do anything. 

Weird...