Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Watchmen Pinball - 40/27/DMD - Standard Body

mikekim

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That back box looks so good I'm considering re building mine do they sell it in red ?

im happy you rebuilt the DMD it looks just as good as the rest of the cab

Sent from the smut hut

They sell it in all colours / sizes.. also a multitude of finishes, just do a search on eBay, For vehicle wrap. The supplier I use is carcarstyleonline..

Sent from my HTC One_M8

quick update

fitted the DMD panel

EJ96UB.jpg

also added some 6mm chrome trim to the screen window surround and bottom of the back box for added bling (as if theres not enough already)

not happy with the right hand speaker cover as it sits slightly lower than the left... the OCD is kicking in and I'll have to work a solution to fix it..

the current to-do list...

PC

Griffin Powermate volume control setup (global volume control)

DOF config setup

CAB BODY

USB connector

Ethernet connector

central playfield support (with BC contactor attached)

wiring tidyup (anything that has been missed)

playfield installation

playfield glass installation

chrome side rail fitment (these need to be cut down to size, as my cab is shorter than standard)

BACKBOX

Fan controller installation

rear access door for backbox

wiring tidy up

right hand speaker alignment

If it all goes well I might actually get this finished by Xmas.. After all i've only been working on this project (off and on) for... wait for it... 855 days :aetsch:

update

installed playfield and glass.

ended up using the original side rails as one of the chrome ones had a wicked bend in it, so will have to pickup some replacements at some point.

just a quick couple of low quality camera phone shots and a better play video. (no shakes this time..)

56J619.jpg

oLF6U4.jpg

4GhtQg.jpg

4Jnpiz.jpg

YA1EwB.jpg

Kq4mlb.jpg

underside of cab showing led lighting, volume control and power button (on removable motherboard tray).

video was done using a tripod.. still havent got around to installing DOF, that will have to wait until after Xmas now..

must learn for future reference to watch the pinball table rather than the camera video preview when playing.. :P

challenge excepted Mike !

That's just amazing the lower DMD works so well,so many cool things get missed during game play

Now come on I know you don't like FP "feel"

But the Ironman table and and new yet to be released Star Trek the movie table would look and play so well on your table !!!

Sent from the smut hut

dont get me wrong, i do like FP, and it has some good tables, but they just don't play quite right, compared to VP tables.

i've got ironman on VP..

star trek is coming..

AC/DC has just been released as well... go take a look at VPUniverse.

WOW, I said it before and I will say it again. Your attention to detail is truly the best. It seems like everything is custom on you cab. Freakin nice work! Is it transportable for shows? Take her to a expo!!

thanks for the compliment.

Yes pretty much everything on the cab is custom.. it can be broken down.. the back box connections are all on Molex connections and can be separated if required. The pc is on a removable tray, so when it's moved the water cooling doesn't get damaged.

As for taking it to expos.. I wish I had the time to attend them otherwise I would..

Sent from my HTC One_M8

Awesome, truly one of the best! The details and the chrome trim throughout. The color balance and form on the artwork is pro grade. The layout and symmetry works like it should in a movie poster. I could spend hours just looking at the cabinet never mind playing games.

The DMD is probably the best config I've seen yet. It's one of the reasons I love my P2k but I like this layout better. Looks to be in the right place and have that 100% visual feel of classic arcade gaming. The dropped placement almost makes your eye want to go there. Love to play it to know how that works within the games.

The Backbox too. Wow, those curved edges with the trim. Like a custom car or motorcycle quality fitting to get the trim and decals to work seamless. Awesome all the way around. Thanks for sharing!!

• 4 years later...

Well... here's a Necro bump and a half... the last update on this build was over 4.5 years ago.... :shok:

Basically the machine has been in storage for the best part of 3 years... As I never really got around to finishing it... yes it was playable, but i never installed the force feedback software and RGB controls..

So I've decided to revisit the "scene of the crime" and maybe this time get it completed.

Looking at the machine overall its held up quite well. the artwork is still immaculate, it has a slight peel back on the edges where the lock-down bar was fitted, but no big issue to fix..

the PC on the other hand looks a mess.. the watercooling fluid has separated and most of it has evaporated, so it looks like I'll be draining and flushing the system.

jZLgv5.jpg.79d27ecc22eb9f0b5eaba1d164be55fa.jpgUjq7bB.jpg.9d756d4ea2d9cdd342e147928d5369fb.jpg

the system used to look like this...

9WkufX.jpg.44408b7eb72916a1fc898168edb6e290.jpg

So I've ordered some new fluid and a cleaning kit, along with some hardline tubing (as the  soft stuff was so 5 years ago).

I also have a PIN DMD 3 that's been sat in its box for years that I could use to replace the original DMD.

So stay tuned for the next update which hopefully wont be as long.... :rofl2:

Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived