Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

46" / 30" / 19" widebody cabinet

chriz99

So Here a question when i wire my flippers directly to the ipac they really suck!. The buttons will stutter when i push the button, Its almost like the flipper inst making a solid connection but when i run the flippers directly thru the contactors everything works perfectly. Except i get that delay your talking about.

Idea how to fix the problem i have with the flippers to ipac?

I had problems with my flippers using leaf switches as well. I ended up having to solder the wires to the connections of the leaf switches, I may not have had to do this if I had the proper crimp on connections but I couldn't seem to using the ones I had make a good connection.

Also if you have a spring adjuster or leaf switch adjuster you can adjust these more easily, if not pliers may work Put a piece of white paper behind the connection to help you see it and get the gap as close as you can, there is a bit of a science to adjusting these. Clean the connection points as well with contact cleaner and they should work for you, mine were absolutely horrible until I adjusted them a couple of times but now are just like using a keyboard.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Chris, great cab, question about your flipper buttons, what LED lit ones are you using? I'm using transparent buttons with leaf springs currently. I suppose I could install some kind of lighting for them with LEDs.

Wondering if you are using a ready made button solution or just lighting the transparent cabinet ones. Also, what does the lighting give you, does it just let you set the color when the game loads using the ledcontrol software, or do the ROMs actually have in game events that you can light these according to? I imagine it would be neat to have the secondary flippers light when they are active.

I use RGB-LED modules for lightning my 4 flipperbuttons (to match the flipperbutton color of each dediacted pinball machine). It's just lightning without rom-controlled output.

P1070712%20%28Medium%29.JPG

14845.jpg

I use RGB-LED modules for lightning my 4 flipperbuttons (to match the flipperbutton color of each dediacted pinball machine). It's just lightning without rom-controlled output.

P1070712%20%28Medium%29.JPG

14845.jpg

Cool thanks for the info, so those are just transparent buttons with leaf switches probably like mine then, with those LED modules behind them?

Hard to tell about the buttons from the pic, I get the LED part, but the buttons are they just leaf switches and translucent buttons?

maplins are not much good lettuce.

I ended up using ebay, theres alot more choice on there.

And re the buttons i used the Groovy Game Gear buttons also and they were good enough to include the new Pro-Leaf switches for the same as the true leafs.

Not sure if there even on the site yet but they work a treat.

I thought of this chris what if you tried mounting LED's underneath the cab you could mount like 6 underneath. There so bright they would shine out the sides. Myabe make it feel like a real pin???

If i go with crees ill do a test underneath my cab with a few up top. If they are that blinding (which are) then placing them underneath might work out nicely.

beef, did you ever get around to trying mounting the lights on the underside of the cab?? I have ordered 5 cree's and am thinking of having 3 on the top of the backbox like normal and then 2 under the main body of the cab?

If im using the led-wiz this is the method i need to use to wire up the solenoids??...

diode3.jpg

All the buttons goes to the iPac controller.

The leds and contactors are controlled through the Ledwiz.

Chriz helped me so I did a simple scheme for it. :D

Contactor on picture is 24v, but should of course be 12V.

(RGB Leds used is cheap RGB leds without the sepparte white from ebay, not CREEs)

diagram_rewired.jpg

Cheers gstav!!!!

One question for the 'Bank Voltage select' terminal, how would you go about connecting all the wires to this one screw terminal, as if you have 7 contactors thats 7 wires going to 1 screw terminal just for the contactors, plus the positive sides of the cree's aswell??

Cheers gstav!!!!

One question for the 'Bank Voltage select' terminal, how would you go about connecting all the wires to this one screw terminal, as if you have 7 contactors thats 7 wires going to 1 screw terminal just for the contactors, plus the positive sides of the cree's aswell??

good old chock block!!

Cheers gstav!!!!

Yeah. thats a problem.

As it´s possible to daisychain them I got the tip from mr. Chriz to use the WAGO nuts.

I bought the 5 hole version. Awesome!

Have used around 8 of them allready! :tee:

I have the 3W RGB leds from china. Crappy compared to the crees but cheap and not as bright which works perfect for under glass mounting! :D

Think you could use the crees too if you used resistors with a higher resistance.

Maybe you can change in the script so Indy uses the '2' button for extra ball.

Works for other tables. Have to try when I get back from work.

Hardly never use buy in. Think it´s more for the beginners who need another ball.

But I like the flashing button after the game though! heloo Ledwiz! :D

Archived