Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Big Bang Pin - 46/30/15.6 LED Widebody (custom artwork, bezel less, deep playfield)

chriz99

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yes, it is easier to slide out the monitor with the new design (with the first design you have to dismount the siderails and the playfield glass)

current flasher/led plan is:

orange circles=rgb flasher - 150mA for playfield and 350mA for backbox, so you can wire it parallel.

yellow circles=led strobe with cree xm-l 1000lumen coldwhite.

yellow rectangle=mini car led strobe

2011-06-22%25252019h55_28.png.jpg

I hope the temps are ok under the glass, maybe I drill some holes in the flasher board (behind that board are 2x 220mm fans).

Chris,

thanks for sharing your flasher/led plan - what a blast.

Doesn't sound like you will you keep the underside "take off" effect from your old cab, i.e. drive the underside leds via the dualbridge board, will you?

Nice work, Chris!

The wiring is coming along great - looks just as professional as the rest of your build.

What size fuses are you using to protect your flasher CREEs?

I have been working on my wiring (mostly just buying bits and planning), but haven't worked in fuses for anything yet. The CREEs are an expensive component - it makes sense to protect them.

I am thinking of a cool custom topper (like the awesome topper gbeef made).

2 layer with bart in the foreground and the BBP logo in the background. the green spray paint could be illuminated via green LEDS on the back.

what do you think?

2011-07-15%25252015h51_58.png.jpg

OMG !

Chris, what the h*ll are you doing ??

Just spent almost an hour looking at this topic while the little kid from next door is playing on my cab. Did'nt notice anything of him :)

Really suberb what you are doing here, much respect from me !

BTW, i think the topper needs a custom lightplan with an arduino ;) I Will program for you if needed ! :)

hey erwin, good to see you back

sold my first pinball to start this adventure :D

arduino sounds great, so I have 2 ways to test. can you send me some links to order that stuff?

edit: will this one work (and a good deal for 25 bucks?) --> http://cgi.ebay.de/DFRobot-Mega-Atmega-1280-100-Clone-Arduino-Mega-/250816495964?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item3a65d4015c

hey erwin, good to see you back

sold my first pinball to start this adventure :D

arduino sounds great, so I have 2 ways to test. can you send me some links to order that stuff?

edit: will this one work (and a good deal for 25 bucks?) --> http://cgi.ebay.de/DFRobot-Mega-Atmega-1280-100-Clone-Arduino-Mega-/250816495964?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item3a65d4015c

Can be cheaper, this is the one i got:

http://cgi.ebay.nl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270705322187&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:NL:1123

and the plan looks great, go for it !! Again, if needed i will do the programming for you !

Archived