Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Big Bang Pin - 46/30/15.6 LED Widebody (custom artwork, bezel less, deep playfield)

chriz99

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks gents! :beer:

no, I use the XM-L LEDs (and the mini playfield LEDstrobes) for stroboscope effects... so you can change the strobe-frequency directly via ledwiz (1-10 flashes a sec).

they are insanely bright - no more need for a real big strobe.

thanks gents! :beer:

no, I use the XM-L LEDs (and the mini playfield LEDstrobes) for stroboscope effects... so you can change the strobe-frequency directly via ledwiz (1-10 flashes a sec).

they are insanely bright - no more need for a real big strobe.

That is awesome. I was looking at the XM-L's - they put out 2W each, apparently. I found these things - they put out 5W each (350 lumens!). I'm thinking I may grab a few of them and try them out.

I figure 3 of them between my RGB flashers would be about right. What do you think?

I must be looking at the wrong thing, then.

I'm looking at the CREE XM-L T6 on Star PCB at led-tech.de's site. They list it as 2.3W (975 lumens).

There is a 3 x CREE XM-L T6 on Round PCB that puts out 6.3W (2985 lumens).

The most powerful one I can find on the site is the 4 x CREE MC-E on Round PCB at 3008 lumens.

You must have a 6 x CREE XM-L (or something) that I can't seem to find on the site...?

yes, at minimum settings with 700mA (2.9V/2.03W/280lumen)... max = 4V/12W @ 3000mA/975lumen

I use 6 single XM-L on star @ 2800mA, the effect is amazing. Just enough for a real strobe kick. You need simply power for strobe effects :viking::D

Guest gstav

"1:3 - And Chriz said, Let there be light: and there was light.

1:4 - And Chriz saw the light, and it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness." :D

The pixel perfect aspect ratio of the DMD makes a surprising difference to the quality of the look, I find. It looks so much more authentic when there isn't the interference pattern of it not being an even ratio.

The playfield depth definitely does look awesome. I'm glad I went the same route now.

Archived