Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Big Bang Pin - 46/30/15.6 LED Widebody (custom artwork, bezel less, deep playfield)

chriz99

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those heat sinks look like the chime unit on my first Gottlieb System 1 :)

Very nice, can't wait to see this morph into another amazing cabinet!

thanks g! :D

got the pc parts today:

just a bios click and it runs with 4.5ghz :party: will try to reach 5ghz later :D

Hi Chris,

the parallel way is looking good to power the backbox and playfield flashers at the same time.

You can do some cooling with a metalplate on the resitors and use the same glue as for the cree's

GREAT WORK!

Hi, Chris,

Looking fantastic! Great attention to detail!

It looks like you're planning to put the playfield display lower down, like a real machine's playfield would be, and have the glass above at the steeper angle. That's a deviation from your previous build, where you put the display right up at the top, against the glass.

Is there a reason you chose to do it this way this time? I am about to start my cabinet build, and started wondering which way is better before I start cutting and routing.

By the way, I love the routed slots for the display, so you can just slide it in from the back - very nice!

Thanks, Chris.

thanks for your kind words, guys!

yes, this time I want to lower down the playfield monitor like a real machine.

the idea comes from mameman's fantastic build. I think it adds "the illusion" of more depth, when you mount the playfield lower... and you can add some cool inhouse flashers (see gstav's build for some example vids).

maybe the viewing angles are not as good as on-top-mounting, but should be compensated by the awesome viewing angles of new LCD generations.

next steps...

drilled some holes (countersinked) for the bottom-buttons and flashers:

DSC01618%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

2 bottom-flasher for cool take-off effect :D (worlds brightest LED: cree xm-l, 1000lumen each, like a 100w bulb)

DSC01625%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

flasher mounting/frame

DSC01627%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

subwoofer mounting/frame

DSC01613%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

holes for the legs (was a PITA :D )

DSC01616%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

DSC01615%252520%252528Large%252529.JPG

LOL mameman... See like I have said before, its a growing thing... when someone comes out with a better Idea, people must follow...

Your idea for the sliding in playfeild, helped us, as I am sure some of our idea's have inspired you =)

I am sure once I am done building my new cab, there will be something that comes along, and makes me wish i had changed something =p

H4CK3R

Archived