Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

HyperBase Live Progress

fr0stbyt3

To added features I'd always say yes but I'd also caution the use of toggles especially for audit features that would be quite intensive. I could only imagine how much churn you would get on a full audit of Mame and all the artwork etc that is included with that and the varied paths.

Again amazing work guys.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, those sound like awesome features! But I am not sure that it should all be available at launch. Maybe it is a better idea to release new features in the future. That way the current hyperbase live may be released earlier (maybe), be used and tested and made robust. And then provide a solid codebase for futher feature development?

Yes, I too want more features. More features must equal better software :-) However, in software development it is not uncommon to release a version of the software and get feedback from the users, how it runs on their computers, how they use it, etc. And use that feedback to add new features on a more robust codebase.

But, this is sort-of beside the topic of this thread. Hyperbase Live looks to be an awesome tool and I can't wait to give it a try!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm not quite sure yet how this API is supposed to work. It seems to be a .NET framework? Can it be accessed without .NET, e.g. directly from Linux using standard C/C++ libraries or do I need a .NET framework to interface with it? I'd love a bit more explanation about its possibilities. :)

I'm not quite sure yet how this API is supposed to work. It seems to be a .NET framework? Can it be accessed without .NET, e.g. directly from Linux using standard C/C++ libraries or do I need a .NET framework to interface with it? I'd love a bit more explanation about its possibilities. :)

It's a web API where data is passed around over HTTP using JSON. You can use it in any programming language you like. .NET isn't required, but could be used.

You'd make the choice on language to use based on the platform you wanted to support. The API could be used in anything from mobile apps, desktop apps and web apps.

In short, you send out a special web link to hyperbase and it will send you back the data you've requested. This data will be the game infos, artwork etc.. You can then use this within your app.

Hope that helps.

It's a web API where data is passed around over HTTP using JSON. You can use it in any programming language you like. .NET isn't required, but could be used.

You'd make the choice on language to use based on the platform you wanted to support. The API could be used in anything from mobile apps, desktop apps and web apps.

In short, you send out a special web link to hyperbase and it will send you back the data you've requested. This data will be the game infos, artwork etc.. You can then use this within your app.

Hope that helps.

Well said.

The HBL team is really enjoying the Holiday weekend. We're currently working on the client instance create process. This is how you add you clients for the first time to the web interface. I'll post screenshots as I have them. But rest assured. This app is far from dead.

Archived