Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hello from BadBoyBill

BadBoyBill

Hello everybody,

It's been a long time since I've posted here. First off hello to all my friends here, and welcome to those that are new since I've been around and haven't gotten a chance to get to know me. It feels good to post here and see what people are up to.

Before I go on I would like to first of say that I'm not dead by no means and still have a lot of interest in HyperSpin. I mean it's my baby and I of course want to see it grow to be as best as it can be. I am sorry I haven't been around.

Writing a frontend is a lot of work, a lot more than probably most people can handle or have the time for that have the ability. We've seen a lot of them come and go, some got off the ground but never continued for one reason or another. I can probably guess that one big reason is time. This unfortunately happened to me, and I needed to focus on some other important things in my life such as my family. Without getting into details the basic answer is real life got in the way.

I owe some unanswered questions.

HyperSpin 2.0, whats up with it?

HyperSpin 2.0 got very far until I stopped coding on it. A few of my close team members disappeared about that time due to their real life, I got a little frustrated trying to continue. But there very much exists a real program. I'll have some new help now which makes things very promising.

Will it ever come out?

Yes, I am diving back in after I get some other small things out of the way.

What about the current version?

I actually want to do a few things to the current version, before I get to deep into 2.0. I want to get something out there that you guys can play with while I'm working on 2.0.

My plans this year?

I want to finally build a HyperSpin cabinet this year with some nearby friends. One thing that has discouraged me from working on the frontend is no cab to play on. I will be solving that issue asap. Look for a build thread in the future.

Coding and building are going to be my main focus going into 2015. I have some good ideas I can't wait to try out.

How much will I be around?

Since I need to really get focused, I will be in and out, but need to dedicate my brain and time to the code. Half the code is so boring I want to blow my brains out, while the other half is real fun to do. I love experimenting with ideas that no one has tried. The forums can get very distracting when I spend a lot of time reading and posting. I love artwork and have gotten into some pretty bad tangents being on the forum. Like the time I took 3 months off just to knock out the SNES wheel set. That stuff is super addicting. I am staying in close contact with the core team.

State of the forum?

I want everyone to calm down and chillax. HyperSpin is supposed to be a fun place to hang out. Once in a while we would have to relieve someone from the forum for encouraging drama and what not, which we really hate to do. Enjoy the frontend, enjoy the theme making, help each other out. Whats the point of doing all this if not for fun. Don't take things to serious, please don't start fights or bash others. Again, let's just have fun, whether it's with HS or any frontend. If people want to hate on me I can't change that, just know my intentions are good and want to make something fun for everyone. Also I please ask to respect the moderators on the forum, they are good people and I know them personally.

What now?

Continue enjoying HyperSpin, play some games, know that I'm hard at work and will show new things when I'm ready and I will make a positive effort some updates out to the current version to freshen things up. I'll be around later, it's bed time for me.

Thank you all, Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas

Billy

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha. I knew all the crap talking from that other thread would reach back to you and bring you out of the woodwork, didn't think it would be that quick though.

Glad to see you back around and hope new development will go well. As I am sure you have known and can see you have a large community behind you to continue to make HS succeed and reach new levels.

So how does it feel to believe in unicorns? Oh and congrats on selling your unicorn story in the future to become rich also ;)

Archived