Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

HyperSpin 1.3 Update Release

BadBoyBill

I didn't see it posted, so forgive me if it is, and I missed it. With 1.3 and 1.3.1 both, whenever I try to move up or down from any wheel, it spins for a long time, but appears random, as to how long it spins. I think it stops somewhere ahead of where I was randomly, but most times, I hit ESC to simply go back. Sometimes for I'm guessing 50-100 or more slots, when going backwards, it goes a long ways again, sometimes further, sometimes a shorter distance than where it began. I am using an xbox 360 wired controller on a regular computer (no cab), and it was working prior to the update. I remapped all the controls, tried with two different controllers, all to no avail. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium (x64). I also went into Windows Game Controller settings, and tried with MAMEUI64, MAME64, and Maximus Arcade, all of which worked fine, moving the joystick up or down one went just once. I'm not sure what is going on, but I'd be happy to provide any information needed. Does anyone know how to correct this? Is it something simple I've done?

Thanks, Mapsking

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wheel acts ultra sensitive, I can not pass with x360 controller system to system or game by game

try to choose a game or a system, wheel moves a fifth or rotates no stop, i try 1.3 and 1.3.1 and no work, only 1.0 1.2 work 100%, solutions?

Sorry my poor english.

Bill, this is the same issue I had with HS2. There may be a similarity here that is causing it. jbsoum, does it happen only when using the same theme and going from game to game? My issue was only then. Videos always work the first time a theme loads, just not when going to another game using the same theme.

For the record, this all works fine for me on HS 1.3.

Not sure if people are still having this problem but my videos were not loading after the first video in a game subwheel unless the game had its own theme. I searched the forums for a fix and couldn't find one so hopefully if people are still having this problem the fix is this:

In the optimizer tab in hyperHQ make sure "Themes Wait For Special" is unchecked. Once i did this the videos all loaded fine whether it was default theme or a custom game theme.

Finally I did some testing on new releases :P

Testing machine:

q6600 2.4ghz (quadcore)

2x2gb ddr2 800mhz

9800gtx+

seagate barracuda 7200rpm 1tb (HS folder, OS is on 2x samsung t166 raid0)

1.3 is MUCH smoother. Probably it's due to the fact it uses more than 1 cores, is it due to multithreading optimization in flash 11? Technically 1.3 will takes more watts to run and will get your system hotter but general performance will be better than 1.2 especially on multicores systems. The only downside is it does not read anymore .swf renamed to .png for wheel image as they freeeze hyperspin. Is there some chance to get .swf support for wheel images in 2.0? :P Mp4 video support is really cool, better quality in less space but please keep .flv support as alpha channel can be used for crazy effects in themes :P Launch time is not great (2-3 seconds) but it's not a huge problem. It CAN be a problem on weaker cpus.

1.3.1 has a serious performance problem... my neo geo theme

Stutter as hell when changing games, basically you won't see animation on marquee and artbox.

EDIT:

Tested also on my htpc (p4 3ghz, 2x512mb ddr 400, x1550). 1.3 seems to be faster even on a single core machine. Launch time is around 4 seconds, better than I expected :P

It would be great if there was a fix for the Intel HD graphics video bug. I just built a new Hyperspin system this evening and it has an i5 proc with the Intel HD 2500 graphics (good enough for MAME).

The video is all distorted on the mp4 and some of the system preview vids (which are flv??).

What are the chances of a 1.3.2 release?

I fixed it to the best of my ability however i am no flash user... so the asteroids might not look perfect but its something.

(note this was not my theme i just removed the buggy particle.swf file and added my own)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4dkhtrq4kcsc7o7/asteroid.zip

Has the new theme been adopted as part of the minted set that works through HyperSync?

This really needs to get fixed in HyperSync... Also, has anyone figured out which theme(s) are responsible for giving the white screen with the exclamation mark? I'm getting tired of having to force quit HyperSpin because of this...

- J*

I need to go through all the themes that have any issues then report them to rain. only way to find out what is actually compatible with hyperspin 1.3.0 and 1.3.1

im on 1.3.1 as well and i just tried it and it crashed again i just switched themes, maybe something in it is corrupted?

Ok i found it and yep it was crashing HS.. fixed it up here ya go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0wyvz5z26ld2zv6/rbff2.zip

also fixed the asteroids theme so it is true to the original exactly: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4dkhtrq4kcsc7o7/asteroid.zip

If anyone else finds any broken themes let me know and ill fix em up

Anyone having the Windows 8 Trackball/Spinner issue? I was hoping that 1.3 or 1.3.1 would address this but my wheel continues to spin uncontrollably if I have the Trackball or spinner option selected in Hyper HQ. All worked fine when I was on windows 7. I posted a message in the support forums but thought I would see if anyone had the issue and was able to resolve it with HS 1.3 or 1.3.1.

Also, I just want to say thanks to BBB, Circo, Rain, and all the members. I've been working on my cab and system setup on-and-off for months (A new baby girl has kept me a bit busy at the moment so its taking longer then I would like). These forums have been essential for getting me fairly well set up but I still got more work to do. I look forward to sharing my set-up and cab soon as I work to get it finished up.

So I am liking the new HS very much so far! But I had one request for the next release. I know I have asked for this before, and I don't know if this is an easy fix or not. I would owe you big time BBB if you could fix the resolution refreshing of HS...or the lack there of. It seems to do it to me almost any time the emu/game resolution does not match my desktop resolution.

Here is a pic of what it should be vs what it is:

Dwm2013-01-2716-21-56-42_zps3e7ce421.png

Dwm2013-01-2716-21-53-41_zpsd4f28fc6.png

Archived