Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSpin 1.3 Update Release

BadBoyBill

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just updated to 1.3, and wow, the wheels are gorgeous now! I have also noticed that only the first video loads for each of my game wheels. Is this going to be fixed in an update? Or should I check off the "Reload Backgrounds" for all of my wheels? I don't mind waiting if its something that will be fixed.

Also with Xbox 360 controllers: I use Xpadder to map my keys, and I find that using the joysticks is really finicky. With my Logitech controllers, everything seems to work fine. Is this 1.3 related? Or have I just not used my xbox controller in awhile?

Just updated to 1.3, and wow, the wheels are gorgeous now! I have also noticed that only the first video loads for each of my game wheels. Is this going to be fixed in an update? Or should I check off the "Reload Backgrounds" for all of my wheels? I don't mind waiting if its something that will be fixed.

Also with Xbox 360 controllers: I use Xpadder to map my keys, and I find that using the joysticks is really finicky. With my Logitech controllers, everything seems to work fine. Is this 1.3 related? Or have I just not used my xbox controller in awhile?

Bill, this is the same issue I had with HS2. There may be a similarity here that is causing it. jbsoum, does it happen only when using the same theme and going from game to game? My issue was only then. Videos always work the first time a theme loads, just not when going to another game using the same theme.

For the record, this all works fine for me on HS 1.3.

You probably just need to go in and adjust your sensitivity in Xpadder, no 2 controllers are likely to use the exact same settings.

Well I have it on an external HD so I have tried it on several systems. My current one that it does not work on is Win 7 Home premium / Dual Radeon HD 5670's / I7

It does not work on my work pc which is XP 32 but with on-board everything, or either of my laptops.

You probably just need to go in and adjust your sensitivity in Xpadder, no 2 controllers are likely to use the exact same settings.

Yeah I tried that, still no go. If it's not HS 1.3 related, then I don't wanna derail the thread. Maybe I'll start another thread somewhere else.

EDIT: For some reason, my hyperspin xpadder profiles don't load sometimes. Once I'm in the emulator, those profiles work fine, and when I exit out again, the hyperspin profiles kick back in. I know that didn't happen before.

I think this is because Xpadder profiles are loaded by HyperLaunch, not HyperSpin. That's why you need to have Xpadder configured to start up with Windows using the last configuration. When you start HyperSpin it doesn't do anything with Xpadder (unless you have it configured as your HS startup program). It's when HyperLaunch becomes involved that the profiles start getting swapped in and out.

Well I disabled joystick support in HyperHQ and updated my xpadder profiles to allow my U360s to do keyboard control on HS and that all worked without a hitch. I upgraded to 1.3.1 and let HyperSync run overnight and I am now fully .mp4 enabled and everything seems to be working as it should. The wheels do look great and I dropped about 15 gigs of hard drive consumption replacing the videos. Thanks for the update!

I think this is because Xpadder profiles are loaded by HyperLaunch, not HyperSpin. That's why you need to have Xpadder configured to start up with Windows using the last configuration. When you start HyperSpin it doesn't do anything with Xpadder (unless you have it configured as your HS startup program). It's when HyperLaunch becomes involved that the profiles start getting swapped in and out.

Xpadder program (not only profiles) will load trough Hyperlaunch if you setup the right pad to it in settings.ini ;-)

Xpadder program (not only profiles) will load trough Hyperlaunch if you setup the right pad to it in settings.ini ;-)

Yeah but Xpadder won't launch/reconfigure upon initial launch of HyperSpin unless you specifically configure it as a startup program through HyperHQ. Personally I think it would be a nice addition for HS to support that so that you don't need to worry about what state Xpadder is in when you start up HS.

I do have Xpadder starting automatically with Windows. Since mine is a dedicated PC for an arcade cabinet it doesn't pose any problem for me because Xpadder isn't used for anything other than HS and the emus it launches. It works well enough but I know that if I ever left Xpadder in the wrong state when shutting down, it won't control HS properly on the next boot. There are workarounds as you point out, though.

Very much correct.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Yeah but Xpadder won't launch/reconfigure upon initial launch of HyperSpin unless you specifically configure it as a startup program through HyperHQ. Personally I think it would be a nice addition for HS to support that so that you don't need to worry about what state Xpadder is in when you start up HS.

I have made a simple script for launching Xpadder with the start of HyperSpin which you can put as startup program in HyperHQ. I Will follow you up by tomorrow. The script you can also adjust if you wanna have more programs to startup with HS. I personaly don't use the script anymore, because I figured out that Hyperlaunch is doing the same for me.

Bill, this is the same issue I had with HS2. There may be a similarity here that is causing it. jbsoum, does it happen only when using the same theme and going from game to game? My issue was only then. Videos always work the first time a theme loads, just not when going to another game using the same theme.

For the record, this all works fine for me on HS 1.3.

It happens with every subwheel theme I've tried. All my main wheel themes work fine, though. But yeah, once in a game wheel, the first game the theme loads on is the only game it will show up for, and then both game videos and artwork won't work in that wheel for any game. For the record, I have tried both 1.3 and 1.3.1. It's also worth noting that if a game has it's own theme, that will load, and then the first game I select after that will load, but beyond that, nothing loads.

You are indeed correct, as djvj pointed out. I forgot to load my little ahk script on startup of HS to start Xpadder.

I have made a simple script for launching Xpadder with the start of HyperSpin which you can put as startup program in HyperHQ. I Will follow you up by tomorrow. The script you can also adjust if you wanna have more programs to startup with HS. I personaly don't use the script anymore, because I figured out that Hyperlaunch is doing the same for me.

Yeah I've been using a script similar to that. I have a startup script that launches Xpadder, and an exit script that closes it. If I listed Hyperlaunch as a startup program for Hyperspin, would it accomplish this for me? I only use Xpadder for Hyperspin, so I don't want it open unless Hyperspin is open.

EDIT: It seems some of my wheels no longer work. My Sega Saturn wheel now crashes Hyperspin. When I try to enter Dreamcast, Playstation, and another wheel i cant remember, it looks like it tries to load and then brings me back to the main wheel.

I did the same and switched to Xpadder and turned off Joystick support and now use keyboard control. I noticed load times had improved by about 50% from HS 1.2. I went into the HyperHQ and in Optimizer under app Quality turned it down from best to high. After that HS has been working the way it should super fast and crispy. I would ask all to give it a try by turning it down to High Settings.

I did the same and switched to Xpadder and turned off Joystick support and now use keyboard control. I noticed load times had improved by about 50% from HS 1.2. I went into the HyperHQ and in Optimizer under app Quality turned it down from best to high. After that HS has been working the way it should super fast and crispy. I would ask all to give it a try by turning it down to High Settings.

BINGO my friend, it ain't that hard of a fix or that big of a deal. I think we would all be better if Joystick support were removed altogether until the plugin is fixed.

The BlockyNess people are talking about has to do with themes with swf running in the background and the incoming video animations like Tv, Tv zoom out, or Zoom out. Those animations seem to transfer on to the Swf layer animations. Ive seen it with the Nintendo arcade systems main menu theme and a bunch of others.

BINGO my friend, it ain't that hard of a fix or that big of a deal. I think we would all be better if Joystick support were removed altogether until the plugin is fixed.

Is there a good tutorial on setting this up so that those of us still using 1.2 can consider doing the upgrade as Circo suggests? Every time I do any type of upgrades something seems to get goofed up so I need to be as informed as possible before taking the plunge.

Archived