Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSpin 1.3 Update Release

BadBoyBill

Hello, first time poster here. I just got my arcade cabinet up and running with hyperspin 1.2. I decided to spend the money and just get all the artwork and videos ect. I realize that emumovies only has .mp4 files now so I grabbed all the ones i need and copied to the correct locations. I then found out that hyperspin 1.2 does not support mp4 so I upgraded to 1.3. The videos showed up and were working but I had real bad input/wheel lag. I though I had only two choices, transcode all the videos to .flv files and use hyperspin 1.2 or live with the lag. I then found an alternative, i just renamed the mp4 files .flv and they all worked with hyperspin 1.2.

As of now I am running hyperspin 1.2 with mp4 videos renamed to .flv and all is working OK. I do however want to upgrade to 1.3 and rename the files back to .mp4 so I can use the features of 1.3 such as show only roms I have.

Has anyone else had this problem with input lag on hs 1.3. I sure its not my system as it is working well now with hs 1.2 and .flv movies. Also I am using a Xin Mo Arcade Controller for input. Any ideas??

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok i found it and yep it was crashing HS.. fixed it up here ya go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0wyvz5z26ld2zv6/rbff2.zip

also fixed the asteroids theme so it is true to the original exactly: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4dkhtrq4kcsc7o7/asteroid.zip

If anyone else finds any broken themes let me know and ill fix em up

Thanks for the fixing and updating. Do you know if these will be updated in the minted set? Also is that what HyperSync uses. I have recently started using HyperSync to update so seeing these updated there would be great.

Thanks

After replacing those two themes and leaving my arcade machine on overnight, the issue still exists. White screen with an exclamation mark in the middle.

- J*

There are probably a ton of themes that need to be fixed so when your hyperspin hit a broken theme it froze. Unfortunately i dont have space to put all the themes in my test machine or i'd see which ones need fixing

ill go through and see which ones need fixing and thx for the fix i notice even after they work theres a black flashing going on which is bizzare

ok the good news is none are broken now the bad news some themes freeze up with there videos so could be something to do with the new hyperspin.

The total of themes for mame ive checked 1172 and theres 1244 i need to get and check so ill let you guys know once i check them out as well.

i can confirm they all work even so the flash on this hyperspin release isnt perfect the themes freeze for a little while with some videos but thats just flash player itself but none other the less all themes work was just those 2 it seems.

Just wanted to say BIG THANKS to BadBoyBilly, Circo, Rain & to eveyone else that has help with this upgrade!! Because I have been so busy building my cab I havent really spent much time on the frontend, since I got MAME running in HS and all of the EmuMovies vid snaps... I just ran HyperSync last night to get any new/updated themes. This morning when I went to see what I got, all of my vids were not playing. I checked the forums and found this thread. I immediately installed 1.3 from the first post. After doing so I did notice the 5 or more second startup time... but No lag in wheel spin, Sound is great, and Im able to play vid after vid without it crashing. I can load most/all my fav games that I have tried with NO ill effects. MP4 vids are AWESOME!! After reading all the posts so far my only issue was with Asteroids. I downloaded the new Theme pack and it works perfectly as well. If I come across any further issues I will post my findings. Thank you all again for all your continued support. I look forwared to 1.4 stable version or whatever comes next!

Can we have the support of typing in the games we want or like a slot way where you pick more then 1 letter also can we have the same fuction that you get indefault themes where you push right it chooses the letter i thought main menu might have it too so you can pick the system you want faster.

Wanted to report a bug that occurs when trackball control is enabled in HyperHQ. When entering a game on any system that launches with Hyperlaunch, the wheel will auto spin up to the previous game in the list, start the video bg music for that game, and launch the intended game while continuing to play the video music from the auto-scrolled game.

This bug has been tested on two different systems, and occurs whether a trackball is actually connected or not. It is also new to both HS v1.3 and 1.3.1, as I did not experience this on v1.2.

Wanted to report a bug that occurs when trackball control is enabled in HyperHQ. When entering a game on any system that launches with Hyperlaunch, the wheel will auto spin up to the previous game in the list, start the video bg music for that game, and launch the intended game while continuing to play the video music from the auto-scrolled game.

This bug has been tested on two different systems, and occurs whether a trackball is actually connected or not. It is also new to both HS v1.3 and 1.3.1, as I did not experience this on v1.2.[/quote

Yep, I have experienced this one too.

Jason]

• 2 weeks later...
I have the same issue using xbox 360 controllers and the xbox 360 wireless receiver. (have not tried a normal wired usb 360 controller) EDIT: win7 64bit using local keyboard works fine for navigation for me and controls work fine once any emulator is loaded as expected. its just trying to control the frontend with my controller thats an issue

Same here very frustrating. Xbox 360 controller input is useless for me. I tried wired and wireless. All works fine in 1.2, but I want to see my mp4s :(

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone still having the problem with show roms only not working for cd based system? When I use it for PS2 (Most of my games are zipped and a few are unzipped, the ones that are unzipped are isos not bin and cue) Hyperspin closes itself. But show roms only set to false this doesn't happen.

Hello everyone,

I've made myself a mini cab (almost finish), I use arcade components (seimitsu buttons and sanwa joy connected to an usb controller on a pc based system), and I have the joystick problem with 1.3, when I try to select a game the joystick is acting by itself, and randomly jump from game to game each time I go up or down, and sometimes it just don't stop spinning.

it's sad because on my pc 1.2 is really choppy, but 1.3 runs fine. (I guess flash 11 is way more efficient than 9)

Is there a way to fix this joystick problem?

Thanks and sorry if it has already been answered.

post-76357-142870585581_thumb.jpg

i've got an issue with hyperspin 1.3 and also 1.3.1

when i exiting an emulator HyperSpin freezes for almost 2 or 3 seconds before it will be active again :(

any suggestion please?

i3 2230m

4GB of ram

win7 X64

i've change all my video from flv to mp4 but the problem is still there :(

and defrag the HD with perfect disk

for the rest work very smooth and clean

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm seeing the same thing sometimes. Not all the time, but every once in a while.

i've got an issue with hyperspin 1.3 and also 1.3.1

when i exiting an emulator HyperSpin freezes for almost 2 or 3 seconds before it will be active again :(

any suggestion please?

i3 2230m

4GB of ram

win7 X64

i've change all my video from flv to mp4 but the problem is still there :(

and defrag the HD with perfect disk

for the rest work very smooth and clean

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Any idea why Hyperspin 1.3 is being reported as a virus by my antivirus? "Packed.Win32.MoleboxVS.AMN(A)"? The original hyperspin I got from the downloads sections comes back clean.

I get that sort of question CONSTANTLY from customers which is why I made so much money as an IT tech. :)

If you question a file and you are using the most common AV software that gives false positives send the file to a multi antivirus online scanner such as www.virustotal.com and you will see your answer. :) If the file really has a virus it has nothing to do with the file I'd be getting a new AV scanner. ;)

Enjoy...

Archived