Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

The HyperSpin Project

djvj

DJVJ mentioned Title Screen art above as last resort. :) I can actually hand craft a title for it based on the Title Screen but again DJVJ mentioned this as a definite no no. You may be stuck with Title Screen art used for wheel art for some of these very rare boxes. I think it'll still look pretty good and to be honest it's Gameboy so people are used to seeing the very chunky 8bit titles :)

I take boxart based on the exact same game from another system over title based boxart any day.

nuker43, Saturn covers are good now just need the AES game front reuploaded.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I take boxart based on the exact same game from another system over title based boxart any day.

nuker43, Saturn covers are good now just need the AES game front reuploaded.

if you click on the aes front cover and then look on the bottom right for three dots next to the chain you can select "View Original" and then it should come up. I think its just too big of a file size for dropbox to preview

I will do some more scans later tonight.. which ones did you want me to re-do or what other systems did you need?

EDIT: try this link also : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/sh/5hxbr98ai5c5vjq/aZvgDHFtYY/neo%20geo%20aes%20front.png?token_hash=AAE16y7iKr93ObGS41cAQuMAkvyiYU1MuRHAOE-xbpDiTA

Thanks, that worked.

From my other post:

For the ADAM game can you take the inlay out and scan only the inlay? And scan the front and spine of one AES and one Saturn/Sega CD box without any inserts inside it (jewel case only)?

How many AES and Adam games do you own? Would be a lot of help if you could scan the inserts and carts of any games you have for those systems. Also do you have any other AES case types?

You can probably cut the resolution at least in half we don't really need them that large btw.

Anyone who cannot post in the new project section who is a member, you don't have to send me anymore pms. I'm well aware of the issue and have to work around some vB usergroup bugginess to get it to work right. Give me some time and it will be fixed.

Ok uploaded 14 new scans.. unfortunately i don't have anymore adam or aes games however my buddy owns a store called Retro Games Plus and they get some crazy things traded in. I can ask to bring a scanner in one day and see what i can get. He just got in a bunch of neo geo MVS games. Here's their facebook page which they update with good trades https://www.facebook.com/RetroGamesPlus

heres dropbox link again to new scans let me know if they are good : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5hxbr98ai5c5vjq/uoqB-6W9im

They are great thanks. What do you have for Ody2? We might need some good cart scans.

That friend of yours seem to have some interesting stuff, mostly for older systems like Atari 8-bit or VIC-20, but I can also see some NES or SNES spines as being very useful.

Well, I'm obviously up for working the HyperAudio side of things, assuming that background music is being supported. I'd also be willing to do what I can on wheel art, box art, and themes for any of the newer systems; specifically PS2 & GCN since that's my knowledge base... and majority of my shelf space. :D

My themes:

My wheel art:

brolly is there any plans on adding number of players tag to xml? I can do that for the 2600 while gathering HyperPause stuff for it. I know HyperSpin doesn't support it but HyperLaunch could and it would be a useful tag to sort by using something like emb's tools.

<players>1</players>

db changes are dependent on the HyperList update, until I know what new fields will be supported by HyperList I won't be doing any db changes. We kinda have that info already in the game info ini files btw, so if that tag gets supported the idea is to import what we can from there and then fill the rest manually.

Polemicist, it's the assets that need to be renamed to match the XML, not the other way around.

Second Space is a Sachen game so yeah you'll have trouble finding boxes for those, worst case scenario stupus might be able to provide us the Mega Duck box version scans and we can come up with something based on that. Definitely don't use title screens.

Gameboy:

These files don't match the XML name. Need to be changed. Going through GBC now.

[TABLE=width: 975]

[TR]

[TD]OFFICIAL XML NAME[/TD]

[TD]VIDEOS & Images\Artwork3[/TD]

[TD]WHEEL ART[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Caesars Palace (USA)[/TD]

[TD]Caesars Palace (USA) (Rev A)[/TD]

[TD]Caesars Palace (USA) (Rev A)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Donkey Kong (World)[/TD]

[TD]Donkey Kong (World) (Rev A)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Donkey Kong Land III (USA, Europe)[/TD]

[TD]Donkey Kong Land III (USA, Europe) (Rev A)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Dr. Mario (World)[/TD]

[TD]Dr. Mario (World) (Rev A)[/TD]

[TD]Dr. Mario (World) (Rev A)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Game & Watch Gallery (USA)[/TD]

[TD]Game & Watch Gallery (USA) (Rev A)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Hyper Lode Runner (World)[/TD]

[TD]Hyper Lode Runner (World) (Rev A)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Legend of Zelda, The - Link's Awakening (USA, Europe)[/TD]

[TD]Legend of Zelda, The - Link's Awakening (USA, Europe) (Rev B)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Mickey's Dangerous Chase (USA)[/TD]

[TD]Mickey's Chase (USA)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Smurfs, The (USA, Europe)[/TD]

[TD]Smurfs, The (USA, Europe) (Rev A)[/TD]

[TD]Smurfs, The (USA, Europe) (Rev A)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Star Wars (USA, Europe)[/TD]

[TD]Star Wars (USA, Europe) (Rev A)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Street Fighter II (USA, Europe)[/TD]

[TD]Street Fighter II (USA, Europe) (Rev A)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Super Mario Land (World)[/TD]

[TD]Super Mario Land (World) (Rev A)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Super Mario Land 2 - 6 Golden Coins (USA, Europe)[/TD]

[TD]Super Mario Land 2 - 6 Golden Coins (USA, Europe) (Rev B)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Tetris (World)[/TD]

[TD]Tetris (World) (Rev A)[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Tetris Attack (USA, Europe)[/TD]

[TD]Tetris Attack (USA, Europe) (Rev A)[/TD]

[TD]Tetris Attack (USA, Europe) (Rev A)[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Toy Story (USA)[/TD]

[TD]Toy Story (USA) (Rev A)[/TD]

[TD]Toy Story (USA) (Rev A)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Bring on stupus and his Mega Ducks. :)

Not sure if I can help much, since my Photoshop skills aren't very good. I collected art for the old UG HS project. I still have a lot of Supervision cartridge art from that project, which I'm using as boxart right now. Not sure if you can use it, since you'll probably be working on real boxart? I also have some bezels I made that I can share. Also, will there be a seperate project for widescreen themes? I believe there are a number of people here who are interested in those,

brolly, we will have the ability to add any field we like.

And will they be used in HyperList for exporting and filtering? That discussion thread in the HyperList forum didn't get anywhere, so before anything else we should define exactly what fields should be added to the dbs which was what I was trying to do when creating that thread. I can't start updating dbs and add new fields until I know for sure what will be supported and tag names have been defined.

Who was mentioning the possibility to scan neo geo MVS boxes? A "fight fever" scan would be really appreciated as there's no decent artwork floating around...

That would be nuker43.

Polemicist, don't worry about renaming any artwork or videos (or even checking it), that kind of work will all be part of the project. Ignore everything that currently exists in HL right now and think of the project sets as completely new ones.

Assassin, nice to see you around we lost track of you after the UG closure and I didn't know if you used the same username here. We still have your supervision scans and intend to use them of course. If you want to help with collecting artwork or anything else just pm me your help is always welcome. There are no plans for a separate widescreen theme set atm.

Polemicist, don't worry about renaming any artwork or videos (or even checking it), that kind of work will all be part of the project. Ignore everything that currently exists in HL right now and think of the project sets as completely new ones.

Call it a compulsion but can't help checking and ensuring things are correct. :)

And will they be used in HyperList for exporting and filtering? That discussion thread in the HyperList forum didn't get anywhere, so before anything else we should define exactly what fields should be added to the dbs which was what I was trying to do when creating that thread. I can't start updating dbs and add new fields until I know for sure what will be supported and tag names have been defined.

Exportable, yes, used for filtering, I'll get back to you on that.

On another note, some preliminary tests showed the usergroup I have set up works fine. So give me some time and I will have all the current members switched over with the ability to post in the project section soon.

Who was mentioning the possibility to scan neo geo MVS boxes? A "fight fever" scan would be really appreciated as there's no decent artwork floating around...

just got back from my buddies store and the only boxed game for mvs he had was samurai showdown 1 or 2 .. it had all the inserts but the box was just a cardboard box with the label of the cart on the box.

Dark do you want the label? Try this http://www.mvs-scans.com/images/6/6f/Fight_fever_us_label.jpg

that website has tons of scans of labels

Archived