Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Guy seeling Hyperspin and roms.......

Cyrusnagisa

It has been a while since I have posted here, but I do lurk from time to time, still love hyperspin and setting up a new cab as I type......but I found this today, along with his site, not sure if it has been reported or not, but his video is.......wow...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCebvv-EJig

and the site

www.homearcadesystems.com

if you guys have busted his ass already, cool, but I just wanted to check ;p

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THANK YOU! I will never have to use the hyperspin forums again. After 2 years of tinkering, our arcade cabinet is finally working like I imagined. Thank you soooooooo much! a customer testimony. I feel that this person was too stupid to figure this program out and spend a shit load of money on something from that asshat

No one has busted him, but karma is a bitch. There will always be people like this. That's why it is best that all of us to pay it forward and freely help anyone that wants to get on with HyperSpin, HyperLaunch, Emulation, etc.

does anybody have this artwork from the video?

......soon.

This guys charges $50.00 more for 2 additional emulators that apparently require an additional 1TB but you still only get 124 systems?

Whoever this dude is, he needs to be shut down. Can we report him for copyright infringement or just drop an e-mail with the game and console makers directing them to his site?

I'm sure there are a lot more people doing this that aren't as upfront as this guy... so naturally this doesn't come as a surprise. Even if people do report him and he gets shut down due to that or even if no one did, it would be just a matter of time the companies that actually own the rights to the games and original images etc... would shut him down. This kind of exposure is bad for everyone. Any who I enjoy all the creations made by everyone so a big Thanks! to those that take the time to create it.

even though this guy is in the wrong as well for selling PSPs with roms and emulators on them, Those PSPs do not have Hyperspin on them.

To be honest shutting this guy down won't solve the problem. Where there is a market of buyers, some people will decide to sell pre-loaded hard drives. As of right now, there are more than a dozen places online where you can buy pre-loaded hard drives, that I know of. If you go after him, why not go after them all? Or we could just ignore them and not give them free advertisement to direct traffic to their sites. People will continue to buy from him and from the other places when the word spreads.

The way I see it, couldn't justify trying to shut down something like that. All of us know we have sitting on our computers hundreds, thousands and sometime tens of thousands of ROMs that we should not have. Wouldn't want karma coming back to get me.

Well, mostly for systems/games that don't sell anymore. And don't count re-releases and re-re-re-releases, because c'mon, they either sell it too high for such an old game or shouldn't be selling it at all i.e. the copyright system should be limited more.

This has been discussed before with guest commentary from the culprit himself (post #14). He is foolish to make himself so visible in all of this and more foolish in thinking the cheap legal advice he gained somehow protects from the endless legal resources of the IP owners like Sony, Sega, Apple, Nintendo, etc. Sooner or later, it will all come crashing down on him and we will all laugh.

Until then, best we can do is make sure we freely help anyone that wishes to get going with HyperSpin and pay it forward to all the emulation teams, developers, and artists that make HyperSpin what it is.

To be honest I dont get involved in other peoples troubles, what hes does is his bag but I understand the views of people whos work he has taken and gaining money for.

The issue I have is how poor his setup is. I mean all as it is are the hyperspin hypersync download with some terribly custom made themes. The whole setup looks a jumbled dogs ass with zero extras. Its the people he charges I feel sorry for as they are getting ripped off.

Hell, if someone wanted hyperspin that bad and had no time to make it, I would probably set one up for someone for a beer. Money for nuthin in that scam

The issue I have is how poor his setup is. I mean all as it is are the hyperspin hypersync download with some terribly custom made themes. The whole setup looks a jumbled dogs ass with zero extras. Its the people he charges I feel sorry for as they are getting ripped off.

I met someone that bought one of his drives. All told, he spent close to $600 for the drive, shipping, updates, and "support. He stated in his video, the buyer is entitled to support, but once he got the money, sang a different tune. A $416 initial purchase went to closer to $600 in total spent. The drive itself is amateurishly put together: 32-bit versions of emulators, setup files litter the installation, the audio themes are deafening.

You have no idea how accurate your statement is; the drive is an ass-poor product.

Archived