Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Do you like HYPERSPIN??????

bent98

4 minutes ago, agent47 said:

Which I'm sure was your intent to begin with as there's no other reason to call people idiots and rag on styles you don't like.

No.  Just wanted to say I personally LIKE Hyperspin, while entertaining the possibility that there might be solid reasons people are migrating over to other frontends.

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, agent47 said:

I'm calm, just saying could've been more constructive with the criticism. We've certainly seen shitstorms and arguments start from similar comments.

Dammit, you were actually calm xD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No, after becoming a platinum member the ftp was quickly shuffled in the name of a clean-up and i couldn't even download anything with most things i signed up for just vanished, this website was also restructured when the old one was fine and nothing worked and alot of things gone for a long time again... happy to see stuff starting to work again but, despite waiting absolute years for hs 2.0 Instead of keep changing things that don't need changing, I dunno put some effort into actual hyperspin... launchbox on the other-hand... I only visit here to see if anything substantial has happened and everytime I ain't surprised.

Oh n after writing this post i notice i'm not even a platinum member anymore and have only 1 post... fantastic... i guess it explains why things might not have been working but yet another example of incompetence... I havn't had one single benefit since being a platinum member anyway as nearly everyone who is talented in this forum has moved onto other frontends...

PayPal_ Transaction Details.pdf

6 hours ago, timesplitter said:

No, after becoming a platinum member the ftp was quickly shuffled in the name of a clean-up and i couldn't even download anything with most things i signed up for just vanished,

That's weird. I signed up years after you and never had trouble finding all the art/bezels/themes/ and a million more things on the FTP. It was jam packed with stuff. Plus Hypersync was worth the cost alone just to save the hours upon hours it would have taken to get that stuff manually. I agree with you about the website changes though.

9 hours ago, timesplitter said:

Oh n after writing this post i notice i'm not even a platinum member anymore and have only 1 post... fantastic... i guess it explains why things might not have been working but yet another example of incompetence... I havn't had one single benefit since being a platinum member anyway as nearly everyone who is talented in this forum has moved onto other frontends...

PayPal_ Transaction Details.pdf

Incompetence? Lol, try logging in under your other account Timesplitter91 which is your Platinum account. :cigar:

2 hours ago, gigapig said:

Incompetence? Lol, try logging in under your other account Timesplitter91 which is your Platinum account. :cigar:

I should say thankyou i guess, why you couldn't just tell me this in my support ticket but berate me on here and wait for me to find it... nice

17 minutes ago, TimeSplitter91 said:

I should say thankyou i guess, why you couldn't just tell me this in my support ticket but berate me on here and wait for me to find it... nice

I went off the information you supplied which as explained in my reply was not helpful. I then saw your rude post here and checked again.

Now the main benefit of Platinum membership is to have the convenience of downloading media via Hypersync. The ftp was only ever ment for artists to share their work and collaborate.

You were never forced to buy it.

1 minute ago, gigapig said:

I went off the information you supplied which as explained in my reply was not helpful. I then saw your rude post here and checked again.

Now the main benefit of Platinum membership is to have the convenience of downloading media via Hypersync. The ftp was only ever ment for artists to share their work and collaborate.

You were never forced to buy it.

Why are you so hostile? I was never rude, the title of the topic is "do you like hyperspin?" my answer is no... and I gave my reasons why... I didn't expect my opinion to be popular in a hyperspin forum. I guess it's true what people say in other forums that hyperspin admins don't take kindly to criticism. I am quite happy with my platinum membership thankyou, why do you think i was asking for it back?. I don't particularly care what the FTP was "meant" for, I wanted to use it and last time I went on it was being restructured for several months. Finally I don't wanna keep going back n' forwards with you arguing, I gone goofed and thanks for sorting me out...

1 minute ago, agent47 said:

Criticism is fine, the rude bit was the erroneous accusation of incompetence you had no problem making. When the incompetence was shown to be on you, that's when you didn't like public criticism all of a sudden.

No I still think there is incompetence, the website is a mess... If the website wasn't such a mess I had my username and password saved to my google account but it wasn't recognizing. If it wasn't for this needless redesign (yeh that's an opinion so calm down) I wouldn't of had the problem, so when I did a email recovery it was sent to my old email on an account from 5 years ago. Just because I messed up, that doesn't mean I still don't think the front end and this website are flawed, just so happens I am too... I don't wanna derail this tread any further do you? I knew my opinion wasn't gunna be popular when I posted it and i got irate when I noticed my platinum sticker wasn't showing and i guess i went off topic slightly.

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, Suhrvivor said:

Using LaunchBox made me appreciate HyperSpin's even more, specially its responsiveness and how fast it runs even in systems we little processing power.

I appreciate what you mean now I have a cab which we play on most days instead of tinkering with (I still do a bit of that of course.) 

It is super slick, simple  and you can be playing in seconds. My kids can switch it on and also do the same without asking me.

Although I'm very interested in what the new version will bring, the original is completely adequate.

• 1 month later...
On 4/6/2017 at 6:19 PM, Suhrvivor said:

Using LaunchBox made me appreciate HyperSpin's even more, specially its responsiveness and how fast it runs even in systems we little processing power.

In Bigbox you can adjust the speed of the wheel. The default is a bit slow so it looks like it's not as responsive. As for running it on older systems, then yes, Hyperspin is better but it's 2017. Any 5 year old computer should be able to run BigBox without issues or slowdowns.

Anyway...Hyperspin was the best back in the day and it's still a good choice for a cab with a 4:3 screen. However, for those of us running it on a PC or a living room with a Widescreen TV, there are better choices out there, like Launchbox/BigBox.

It's really a shame that BBB didn't continue development of Hyperspin or at the very least add Widescreen support.

1 hour ago, Styphelus said:

In Bigbox you can adjust the speed of the wheel. The default is a bit slow so it looks like it's not as responsive. As for running it on older systems, then yes, Hyperspin is better but it's 2017. Any 5 year old computer should be able to run BigBox without issues or slowdowns.

Anyway...Hyperspin was the best back in the day and it's still a good choice for a cab with a 4:3 screen. However, for those of us running it on a PC or a living room with a Widescreen TV, there are better choices out there, like Launchbox/BigBox.

It's really a shame that BBB didn't continue development of Hyperspin or at the very least add Widescreen support.

Well, you can find all media adapted to 16x9 easily.

1 hour ago, RkH said:

Well, you can find all media adapted to 16x9 easily.

Sure, but it all has to be resized, so you still need a backup of the original for backup purposes. It's a pain. Anyway, I enjoyed Hyperspin for the 3 or 4 years I had it but have moved on to Lunchbox/BigBox. Integrates easily with RocketLauncher as well so setup time was minimal compared to Hyperspin. Couldn't be happier.  

I usually check the launchbox forums only for James topic, as I like what he does with the cinematics :) But as I surfed the rest of the site sections got me thinking; does launchbox have like an art section, or a software section, or a db section? Because one of the things that I truly love about Hyperspin, besides its community, is all the stuff that gets created everyday; be it themes, wheels, carts, boxes, 3rd party apps, db updates, etc. I was not able to find something like that in the launchbox site (maybe there is and I was not able to find it). In case there is not, from where does it get all the stuff to fill each system? Does everything comes with the app itself? It gets grabbed from this site or from someplace else?

they don't as far as I can tell.... basically hyperspin has become the forums togo to for Front end artwork. I can imagine that at some point... the art department will get it's own website... maybe..catering to the other FE's maybe

47 minutes ago, Kondorito said:

I usually check the launchbox forums only for James topic, as I like what he does with the cinematics :) But as I surfed the rest of the site sections got me thinking; does launchbox have like an art section, or a software section, or a db section? Because one of the things that I truly love about Hyperspin, besides its community, is all the stuff that gets created everyday; be it themes, wheels, carts, boxes, 3rd party apps, db updates, etc. I was not able to find something like that in the launchbox site (maybe there is and I was not able to find it). In case there is not, from where does it get all the stuff to fill each system? Does everything comes with the app itself? It gets grabbed from this site or from someplace else?

Launchbox doesn't have any of that. That is why I come here. It also doesn't use databases so if you want complete rom sets you need a hyperspin ready set. They have their own database to fill in the info but it's very incomplete. Mind you that launchbox only really took off about 1 year ago. Hyperspin has been around since before 2009. Their art department is really lacking but I'm sure it will come around with time.

• Avar unpinned this topic

Archived