Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

46" / 30" / 19" widebody cabinet

chriz99

The lights on the Spider wheel work great on the UVP backglass but you have to make sure you have the wheel enabled under the feature adjustment options of the table. I'm loving this new table btw!

Chris, Really nice score on SS but you need to take your game of 5 ball settings ;)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
at the moment I use no UVP active backglass due to performance loss, but I heard that they work on the active spider backglass. maybe we get a visual pinball version with integrated/optimized uvp active backglass server... let's hope ;)

Are you still running GTX260's? Or is it related to something else? I find it hard to believe any other part of your system would be causing slowdowns. I just got all my hardware and once I finally got UVP working properly, really enjoy it. I would hate to have to turn it off :(

UVP is really aweseome but I use it only on a few tables at the moment.

the gtx260 is not the reason for the performance loss, I think the problem are the different programs interacting together (vp, uvp, flash...). thats why I am hoping for a visual pinball version with integrated/optimized UVP. that should solve the problem.

of course you can use UVP yet, it will work and I am sure most of the people can live with the minimal UVP ball-stutter.

• 2 weeks later...

Now I'm working with a GTX480 and GTX260, now the framerate is up with the GTX480 and now I can play a lot of tables with UVP at middle-low alha ramp without stutter, like IJ,MM,AFM,JOKERZ,BTTF,etc.. at 900-1200fps and without UVP at 1200-1800 fps but...

with the leatest table updates, I have stutter with tables they have a lot of alpha ramps. I have stutter with UVP these tables:

-Tales of Arabian Nights

-Circus Voltaire

-X-Files

-Scared Stiff

The GTX480 are working with this tables bettwen 500-900 fps without UVP. With UVP the frame rate decrease 100-200 fps and create stutter.

If we want a Visual Pinball without Stutter we need a Core i7 970 with 2 GTX590.

Regards!

I don't think it's a lack of CPU/GFX power causing the stuttering. I used profinity II - 64bit and set Vpinball to 2 cores, and UVP to other 2 cores. I also patched the Vpinball.exe to use 4gb. I upped my CPU's to 3.8ghz.

CV still stutters in the beginning, FPS are showing 1800-2300 then will go to 100 and stutter but the CPU usage only shows 30-40% on VP cores, and around 50-60 on UVP cores.

After a few minutes, the stuttering stops and it runs smooth as silk. There is something else at work here...could it have more to do with the ROM sounds loading?

Currently:

Phenom II X2 unlocked to 4 cores and OC'd to 4GHz

4gb G.skill DDR3 12800 @ 1600

2 GTX 460's (1G and 768g) - These are pretty overclocked at this point (880/1800 or somewhere near there).

I started at 3.5ghz with the CPU and keep bumping it up. It seems to make no difference, CV still stutters in the same place, but clears up after a few minutes of play. I haven't tried going to a older version of drivers yet, but everything I'm reading says this is all a mixed bag of success.

zablon and ext2k, can you post your fps from IJ,MM,AFM,JOKERZ,BTTF,TOTAN,CV and SS?

(just start a table and leave the ball in the shooter lane, then press F11 for fps... so we can better compare our results).

thanks a bunch!

pc specs

---------

Win 7 64bit

Phenom II x2 (unlocked to 4 @4.0ghz)

2x2gb @ 1600 = 9 9 9 1t

# of Displays = 3(1 @ 32bit - 1920x1080, 2 at 16-bit - 1920x1600, 640x480)

Gfx: EVGA GTX460 1g SE (OC'd) (just PF), ASUS GTX460 768g (BG and DMD)

Prefinity II = VP using 2 cores, eveything else using other 2

Gfx Drivers = Nvidia 270.61

HD = 64gb SSD

Sound = Onboard

Extra Hardware = none

DDRAW 0/1 = 1

Graphical Glitches = none

VP settings

===========

HP = no

UVP = yes

HD BG = yes

Max Texture = 1024

Ball sitting in shooter = yes

Alpha Slider = Max right (is full left or right? Tried both ways and notice no difference on either or fps change)

IJ -1346 (no alpha)

MM - 235 (alpha)

AFM - 770 (alpha)

Jokerz - 435 (alpha)

TOTAN - 263 (alpha)

CV - 414 (alpha)

SS - 356 (alpha)

Oddly, these fps are much lower than what I tested a few days ago (CV was 1800+) I am not sure why it changed as I've not made any new changes to my system.

thanks for the info! maybe the key for the fps-explosion is the new nvidia 4 or 5 gpu series?

very strange about the high-low fps level on your setup. did you solved the issue in the meantime?

here are my fps scores (we could use the same scheme for better comparsion):

-----------------------------------------------------

pc-specs:

=========

OS = win XP SP3 - 32bit

OPTIMIZED OS/BIOS (tweaked or outofthebox) = tweaked like http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8595

CPU = intel quad core i5-750 overclocked to 4x 4.0ghz

MB = msi P55-GD65 mainboard

RAM = 2x2GB RAM DDR3 1600 (8-8-8 timing)

GPU = 2x nvidia GTX260 1792MB GPU (1x for playfield and dmd / 1x for backglass, overclocked to GTX280+)

GPUDRIVER: nvidia 182.50

HDD = 32GB SSD

SOUND = soundblaster x-fi music (model SB0460)

EXTRAS (more hardware, add ons) = No

vp-setup:

=========

# OF DISPLAYS = 3 (1@32bit-1920x1080, 2@32bit-1280x768, 3@16bit-570x460)

VP VERSION = 9.12

HYPERPIN RUNNING = Yes

UVP = No

LEDWIZ = Yes

HIGHRES BACKGLASS = Yes

MAX TEXTURESIZE = Unlimited

ALPHASLIDER = max. left

DDRAW (regedit tweak 0/1, you get better fps with 0) = 0

EXTRAS (additional details, errors, graphical glitches) = No

fps-scores:

===========

TABLE STARTED, BALL SITTING IN SHOOTERLANE, PRESS F11 FOR FPS: = Yes

CLOSE/RESTART VP FOR EACH TABLE = Yes

IJ - 860fps (no alpha)

MM - 921fps (no alpha)

AFM - 910fps (alpha)

TOTAN - 481fps (alpha)

CV - 828fps (alpha)

SS - 648fps (alpha)

BTTF - 795fps (alpha)

Pinball Fantasies

Here are my fps scores

pc-specs:

=========

OS = win XP SP3 - 32bit

CPU = intel quad core i5-750 overclocked to 4x 4.0ghz

MB = msi P55-GD65 mainboard

RAM = 2x2GB RAM DDR3 1600 (8-8-8 timing)

GPU = 1x nvidia GTX480 1536MB GPU (for playfield and dmd)

= 1x nvidia GTX260 1GB (for backglass)

GPUDRIVER: nvidia 270.61

HDD = Crossair 60GB SSD

SOUND = soundblaster x-fi music

vp-setup:

=========

# OF DISPLAYS = 3 (1@32bit-1920x1080, 2@32bit-1920x1080, 3@16bit-800x600)

VP VERSION = 9.12

HYPERPIN RUNNING = Yes

UVP = Some Tables

LEDWIZ = Yes

HIGHRES BACKGLASS = Yes

MAX TEXTURESIZE = Unlimited

ALPHASLIDER = max. left

DDRAW (regedit tweak 0/1, you get better fps with 0) = 0

EXTRAS (additional details, errors, graphical glitches) = No

fps-scores:

===========

TABLE STARTED, BALL SITTING IN SHOOTERLANE, PRESS F11 FOR FPS: = Yes

CLOSE/RESTART VP FOR EACH TABLE = Yes

TABLES WITH ALPHA=Yes UVP=No

Indiana Jones - 3050 fps (no alpha)

Medieval Madness - 1950 fps (alpha)

Attack from mars - 2410 fps (alpha)

Tales of Arabian Nights - 560 fps (alpha)

Cirqus Voltaire - 1410 fps (alpha)

Scared Stiff - 864fps (alpha)

Back to the Future - 1154 fps (alpha)

Road Show - 3350 fps (no alpha)

The Flintstones - 1220 fps (alpha)

Party Zone - 890 fps (alpha)

Funhouse - 1285 fps (alpha)

Revenge & Attack from Mars - 2050 fps (alpha)

Jokerz - 1600 fps (alpha)

X-files - 560 fps (alpha)

Teathre of Magic - 1210 fps (alpha)

Cue Ball Wizard - 2200 fps (alpha)

Star Trek the Next Generation - 2335 fps (alpha)

Terminator 2 - 1246 fps (alpha)

TABLES WITH UVP=Yes ALPHA=Yes

Elvira and the pary Montsters - 1180 fps (alpha+UVP)

Future Spa - 1285 fps (alpha+UVP)

Star Trek - 2800 fps (alpha+UVP)

250cc - 2095 fps (alpha+UVP)

Black Knight - 1480 fps (alpha+UVP)

Regards!!

I'm confused. Can you guys explain what the difference is between a game like IJ running at 860fps or 3050fps? Seems like it would be indistinguishable due to the limitations of the LCD

Smoothness of gameplay. While the tv won't display the actual fps, the game won't stutter as it does with lower frame rates.

I reckon it would be a good idea to drag out posts from the last 2-3 pages and copy them to a dedicated Graphics Card/FPS thread so everyone can do their own tests and compare.

That way we could start to build up a catalog of setups to help those of us starting a new build. I for one have been enlightened by the numbers coming back for the GTX460 as it may be the card to use for single card configs like the one I want to build.......

Now I am tempted to put my gaming PC which is an E8600 with 460GTX video in my cab to see if it makes things smoother. Right now I have:

pc-specs:

=========

OS = win XP SP3 - 32bit

CPU = intel e8400 overclocked to 3.6ghz

MB = asus p5k deluxe black pearl edition

RAM = ocz 2x2GB RAM DDR2 1066

GPU = 1x evga nvidia 275gtx 1792MB GPU (for playfield)

= 1x bfg nvidia 8800gt 512mb (for backglass and dmd)

GPUDRIVER: nvidia 182.50

HDD = ocz vertex2 60gb ssd

SOUND = soundblaster x-fi music

I haven't checked fps but there isn't a table that I can't play smoothly even at stock speed of 3.0ghz with LEDwiz turned off with the exception of Monopoly. With LEDwiz turned on most tables play fine but I do notice a bit of lag when my 5LED flasher setup is all going at once. For example when you launch the ball in Party Zone you see a bit of lag for a second before the ball drops to the pop bumpers but goes away once the 5LED flashers stop going off. At this point that is all I have in my LEDwiz config is 5 RGB LEDs. Will the 460GTX make this initial lag go away or is it this ext2k's combination with his i5 processor that is helping performance?

btw, H4CK3R is selling his awesome hyperpin cabinet via ebay right now. if you want a nice and unique plug'n'play virtual pinball machine, check this out:

==> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110679167492#ht_500wt_1156

:party:

Are you kidding me? If he needs a kindey all he has to do is ask for help... actually sorry H4CK3R, mine are stuffed from years of drinking. :cheers:

Should not have any dramas selling that beast.

got my 2 gtx460 1gb cards today, which I have ordered for testing the high fps scores.

fps-scores truly went crazy, like IJ 4383fps, TZ 3244fps, SS 919fps, TOM JP 1336fps...

I noticed no difference to my lower fps-scores with my gtx260 1792mb but there was a hair of ball judder (not really typical ball stutter, more a graphical glitch/judder) with the gtx460 on some playfield sections. really minimal, but noticeable for me.

but don't get me wrong... quite possible that these strange ball-judder/glitches only appear on my personal system (winxp 32bit), because there are many people with awesome working gtx460 cards.

so I went back to my gtx260 1792mb/nvidia 182.50, which works still best on my system.

Archived