Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSpin 1.5.1 Public Release

fr0stbyt3

3 hours ago, Kondorito said:

Do you notice speed and/or a performance increase while playing more recent retro games? 

For Retro games no, for newer games like BF1 or FC5 yes but I can't really tell because I cleaned up my PC and I've managed to fix some things unrelated to the OS itself. But two days ago I needed to use my external DVD player/burner which wasn't working in that  usual Windows 10 Build, after installing the LTSB version it worked as it should, if it was conflicting with some driver or program I can't tell, but I can now use my external DVD burner. Note that I tried using it in the old usual Windows 10 build, and it worked OK in the new one before the cleaning (physical cleaning, dust, etc.,)

For some odd reason, I can now reach the same overclock speed for my GPU internet users showed in Youtube and forums out there, I couldn't get the same results without artifacts or driver failure, and now it works.

I have two external HDDs and one of them was only working in a 2.0 USB port. 

I don't blame the OS because I'm not sure why these things didn't work as they were supposed to, but they are just working now and I'm glad for that.

Booting this version feels like I'm using a SSD, I'm using a normal HDD, but I noticed it also has to do with the fast startup feature that probably wasn't ON in my former W10 build. Even so, since it won't load unneeded bloatware, it adds to the faster booting.

Just note that I haven't used this build for more than 2 days, but I can update you guys with my experience with this version.

Also, I backed up my User folder, programs that were installed, etc, I didn't even reinstalled my browser, just moved them to the new OS. The only thing I reinstalled was Nvidia drivers and Netframeworks, alongside with DirectX and VC Redist that are needed for PC games and emulators, also Bebas Neue that is the font RocketLauncher uses for fades by default. Yeah I forgot, DS4Windows is also portable so was just moved as well.

PS: I clean my PC from time to time and probably cleaned it 2 or 3 times under the SAME Windows 10 Build I used for at least 3 years until yesterday, and the same things that weren't working as I said above, kept not working after the cleaning. For example, I've been using one of my external HDDs in the USB 2.0 port for 2 years or more until now.

1 hour ago, gigapig said:

It is normal for an OS to feel faster on a fresh install. 

It is my friend, and I formated the HDD (without the fast format option ON), and it sure is much smoother now.

Things that our friend Matchaman said earlier caught my attention, first the unneeded updates (at least for me), I remember the Creator's Update was a full blown downloaded OS under the older build and that update took hours to conclude, after it installed, I couldn't tell what new feature I could use for my common usage. I'm sure that new features are useful for some people, but you know. And now they are again sending new updates that seems to have broken more stuff, Hyperspin wasn't the only victim, imagine if you have a GOG collection or even newer stuff that suddenly won't work anymore.

The LTSB version didn't come with Cortana, One Drive, Edge or any other bloatware that I never used.

I installed DS4Windows, MSI Afterburner that were the only programs that started with my older Windows and in less than a minute after I turn my PC ON, it's basically ready to use.

I totally recommend this version.

• Like 2

One thing I forgot to say is that, even with the only two programs I use to start with Windows, comparing the previous to this version, it needs less RAM to boot and keep the system running.

It used more than 20% of RAM in the previous and now it keeps 13%.

Hi. This new version still have animation issues for me, I guess is based on the "last" revision called 1.4 time ago for some new features, since then HyperSpin works bad for me for some reason (even in a new comp).

Is there a possibility to have this "1803" fix for the 1.3.2 of HyperSpin?, It would be great for people with the same problem as mine. Thanks. See ya.

Definitely looking forward to widescreen support. That will be a welcome addition and to be honest I thought it would've happened by now. I've been waiting for a long time for it, still on 1.2 and haven't upgraded because I didn't see the point. 

That being said, this front end is still super wicked. I have no intention of exploring anything else. I absolutely love the customization. Moreover, with the help of some here (Dark 13 and Kondorito) 16x9 is possible via a workaround. I just converted all my PBFX2 themes and they look great. Yes, it could use an update and I hope it happens soon. Still a great frontend though, no need for folks to be so upset. Honestly, what other front end comes close? I haven't seen one. 

Sidenote: I still can't believe that people don't just choose one sound effect for their wheels. How can you guys listen to all the different sounds with every wheel click? That would drive me crazy :laugh: Pick one and standardize on it. I chose the Guantlet 'gong' sound when you enter a credit and it's so much better. Get it together people. :)

• Like 2

So ever since the latest windows 10 update (hyperspin old version wouldn’t launch) and after trying to upgrade to the 5.1 exec of hyperspin, windows defender is deleting the the exe. Turning defender live app off solves but automatically turns itself back on after a while and then deletes hyperspin and hyper h.q. 

@Aorin LTSB has pretty much identical performance on all games, however, the absence of any crapware working in the background collecting information and munching resources, could of course help with an overall better experience with less unexpected hiccups.

@cmlaporte Exactly. It's a global thing going on and why I switched to LTSB. You'll have to install a different antivirus because the Microsoft thing will always turn back on after a reboot and delete random files it falsely detects as malware. It even deleted mIRC and other IRC clients!

1 hour ago, matchaman said:

@Aorin LTSB has pretty much identical performance on all games, however, the absence of any crapware working in the background collecting information and munching resources, could of course help with an overall better experience with less unexpected hiccups.

@cmlaporte Exactly. It's a global thing going on and why I switched to LTSB. You'll have to install a different antivirus because the Microsoft thing will always turn back on after a reboot and delete random files it falsely detects as malware. It even deleted mIRC and other IRC clients!

Yeah, Windows 10 LTSB is still Windows 10, it's not cut down or anything, it just doesn't have what you mentioned earlier, Store, OneDrive, Cortana, Edge, things I never used, and if one want them, it's probably possible to install it. Aside from the little more RAM I have now, I can reach the same overclock speed for my GPU I couldn't compared to some guys on the internet in my previous build, and now I can, so it's definetely better for gaming in my case, my OC is way higher than before.

16 hours ago, SquallDark said:

Hi. This new version still have animation issues for me, I guess is based on the "last" revision called 1.4 time ago for some new features, since then HyperSpin works bad for me for some reason (even in a new comp).

Is there a possibility to have this "1803" fix for the 1.3.2 of HyperSpin?, It would be great for people with the same problem as mine. Thanks. See ya.

Unfortunately no, we don't have 1.3.2 stable since the source has moved on since then. Can you expand on what issues you're having? Maybe open up a different thread so we don't spam this one.

10 hours ago, cmlaporte said:

So ever since the latest windows 10 update (hyperspin old version wouldn’t launch) and after trying to upgrade to the 5.1 exec of hyperspin, windows defender is deleting the the exe. Turning defender live app off solves but automatically turns itself back on after a while and then deletes hyperspin and hyper h.q. 

You have to exclude the hyperspin folder so windows defender ignores it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fr0stbyt3 said:

You have to exclude the hyperspin folder so windows defender ignores it. 

The problem is that excluded folders are temporary in 1803. They get randomly removed later and HS keeps getting deleted. For me the only option was to replace Windows Defender with a 3rd party antivirus but I moved to LTSB altogether and the problem perished (the folder is permanently excluded).

• Upvote 1

After replacing the .exe's; i'm now getting an error from launching games within hyperspin:  No Default_Emulator found in "D:\Arcade\RocketLauncher\Settings\%romname.%\Emulators.ini" Please set one so RocketLauncher knows whate module to use.

Rocketlauncher and Hyperspin are not in the same directory.  I've got global emulators.ini in my D:\Arcade\RocketLauncher\Settings directory. 

Rocketlauncher knows the paths and can I can launch everything from within Rocketlaunch UI.

I've updated Rocketlauncher via the auto update and still have the same issue.

Do I need to run the transition tool? 

Any pointers?

Thank you

First off, thanks for the update.  Despite its hangups, I've always found HyperSpin to be the most aesthically pleasing FE available. Sure there might be some dated issues with it but there are plenty of workarounds, and frankly, I don't think this hobby would be nearly as fun if it was stupid simple ;).

Been absent for a long while, ever since I deemed my setup "complete" (as if that is ever really true), and it's nice to see that HS is still alive and kicking.  I'm going to be starting on my first cabinet here soon, so I figured it would be a good time to jump back into the hobby and get things updated.

My only question, is if there has been any significant performance improvements over the past few years? I'll be upgrading from v1.3.2 and I had some sluggish performance on my last mini-HTPC that had HyperSpin running.  Not complaining if there isn't, it is flash afterall, just trying to get an idea of what benchmarks I should aim for when building the new PC.

On 5/19/2018 at 7:23 AM, Aorin said:

Yeah, Windows 10 LTSB is still Windows 10, it's not cut down or anything, it just doesn't have what you mentioned earlier, Store, OneDrive, Cortana, Edge, things I never used, and if one want them, it's probably possible to install it. Aside from the little more RAM I have now, I can reach the same overclock speed for my GPU I couldn't compared to some guys on the internet in my previous build, and now I can, so it's definetely better for gaming in my case, my OC is way higher than before.

This definetely piques my interest, though I just bought a copy of Windows 10 Pro for this project *doh*.  Does it have Remote Desktop installed?  Also, permitting slightly off-topic question, but this will be my first instance of setting up HyperSpin in a Windows 10 environment. Do you know if the same workarounds are available to strip out/replace most of the boot sequence stuff to get a clean launch?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Unknown50862 said:

This definetely piques my interest, though I just bought a copy of Windows 10 Pro for this project *doh*.  Does it have Remote Desktop installed?  Also, permitting slightly off-topic question, but this will be my first instance of setting up HyperSpin in a Windows 10 environment. Do you know if the same workarounds are available to strip out/replace most of the boot sequence stuff to get a clean launch?

It does have Remote Desktop.

I can't tell if you can strip out or replace anything in the boot sequence, but there are forums that specifically talks about customizations in Windows 10 among others, like this.

http://virtualcustoms.net/forumdisplay.php/1215-General-Windows-10-Customization

I'll forward this on. We might need the theme files for testing.

Since i updated to last versión of HS i got a few main themes with some weird problem. Its any way to solve this? Ill attach a pic. Thanks.
2yjzic3.png&key=5323c129b2f70da5f8ad00e679610af743df0bb0d67d5aacf9d6311f58bffffa

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, fr0stbyt3 said:

I'll forward this on. We might need the theme files for testing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ok its this one:

I think its a problem reading the instruction from the theme or a bug that prevent from rotate swf files.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2018 at 11:18 PM, xul said:

After replacing the .exe's; i'm now getting an error from launching games within hyperspin:  No Default_Emulator found in "D:\Arcade\RocketLauncher\Settings\%romname.%\Emulators.ini" Please set one so RocketLauncher knows whate module to use.

Rocketlauncher and Hyperspin are not in the same directory.  I've got global emulators.ini in my D:\Arcade\RocketLauncher\Settings directory. 

Rocketlauncher knows the paths and can I can launch everything from within Rocketlaunch UI.

I've updated Rocketlauncher via the auto update and still have the same issue.

Do I need to run the transition tool? 

Any pointers?

Thank you

Seems like I fixed this problem but others have come up.  I fixed this (for anyone else reading) by doing a couple things:

1. Ran the migration utility (dont know if this was needed)

2. Updated Rocketlauncher (both of these steps overwrote some specific settings I had - VERY ANNOYING %^&*%^&!!!!)

2. Changed hyperspin to use hyperlaunch for every wheel within hyperHq

3. Added the Rocketlauncher path for the hyperlaunch path in my hyperspin bootup script 

I'm summarizing this as i'm not in front of my arcade.

5 hours ago, xul said:

Seems like I fixed this problem but others have come up.  I fixed this (for anyone else reading) by doing a couple things:

1. Ran the migration utility (dont know if this was needed)

2. Updated Rocketlauncher (both of these steps overwrote some specific settings I had - VERY ANNOYING %^&*%^&!!!!)

2. Changed hyperspin to use hyperlaunch for every wheel within hyperHq

3. Added the Rocketlauncher path for the hyperlaunch path in my hyperspin bootup script 

I'm summarizing this as i'm not in front of my arcade.

I'm not sure what was going on with your setup... the update was just a drag a drop (replace). The problems you describe sound like you weren't using RocketLauncher before this. If that's the case, you definitely would have needed to go through that migration, which has nothing to do with HyperSpin (other than changing the HL path).

Good luck!