Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSpin 1.5.1 Public Release

fr0stbyt3

4 hours ago, luckyluca said:

thanks for updating this fantastic project!

quick question do themes now possibly support artwork proportional scaling? i.e. 0.8 etc

I know this was on a change list but I forget which framework has it. I'll check with the other developer and get back to you.

• Super Like 1

Honestly I haven't tested if .swf wheels looks better but anyway I had quickly updated my .jsfl batch scripts to support conversion for .png to .swf wheelset (with the old scripts wheels would appear not centered, the new scripts should fix the problem).

I wonder if any of the other software out there that I see as far as png to swf converters would work the same. I used your scripts in past but no longer use Adobe products so your scripts would not help me anymore.

If I come across any will let you guys know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/8/2018 at 10:54 AM, agent47 said:

Apologies for drudging up the same old stuff, even though I never really post about it for the same reason. Good luck with HS 2.0, those who have been faithfully waiting all these years deserve it. This will prob be my last post/visit.

I can't disagree.

HS 2.0 is overdue

HyperBase is overdue

Widescreen is overdue

Long standing controller bugs and loss of controler focus bugs have gone unfixed for years.

I still support the community but I have moved on too. My choice of new FE is different from agent47 but I do see him on another forum that I frequent. My cabinet still runs HS but it's time is limited (only because mine is too). The "Hype" was once real. Now the the "Hype" only seems to be hype.

Sorry guys but you now have a polished Model T. It will always be beautiful but everyone's seen it and it's lost most of its luster.

It would take someone literally a day to rewrite HS from scratch to support existing themes and widescreen.

It’s never coming folks - just use another FE. There are many great alternatives out there, which are actively supported.

And certainly don’t get any of the subscriptions here. It’s an absolutely insult that the premier option is still available for an old, unsupported piece of software based on very old unsupported frameworks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm a paid up member like everyone else and I paid to be able to download the artwork I needed quickly and easily. My cab looks great and I can redownload the artwork anytime if something goes wrong. 

I didn't pay for Hyperspin as it's free, it works really well and does what I want it too. 

I don't wake up in the middle of the night worrying that a new version of Hyperspin hasn't been released,  that would get in the way of my wet dreams. If it does come out I'll take a look at it and decide if I want to use it. 

In the mean time I will feed the kids, work, play games and raw dog Mrs Pig. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Super Like 4

On 5/12/2018 at 9:40 AM, tonesmalone said:

It’s never coming folks - just use another FE. There are many great alternatives out there, which are actively supported.

And certainly don’t get any of the subscriptions here. It’s an absolutely insult that the premier option is still available for an old, unsupported piece of software based on very old unsupported frameworks.

Yeah, people should move on, there are other alternatives.

TonesMalone, this is not directly to you, it's just some words I often think of when I read people complaining about some stuff and it's not even directly only for Hyperspin.

There's a misconception of the word "old" in general, stating "old" as bad or useless is a general way of thinking.

Even technology, which is a field that gets "old" so fast, like, say, computers still relies on old stuff, just because they were great ideas to begin with.

Do you have a replacement on par with your old mouse or keyboard? Touch won't do. Decades come and go, and probably they will still be kicking in the next decades to come. I bet people still complains they don't like mice or keyboards, because they just want to complain about something. Satisfaction may be hard to achieve at times. So just move on to what can possibly do it for you. I often read people that aren't even satisfied with the new choices, so the problem is so close it can hardly be seen.

It seems that we're addicted to constant updating , yet we still play old games and find they amazing, again because they were great ideas and fun is fun, on 1920 or 2020. A lot of things break when constant updating happens, one of them is my patience. People are too much anxious and anxiety is not a good thing, blame it on constant updates.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Super Like 2

And by the way, I want to complain about the latest Hyperspin update 1.5.1.

It was working flawlessly on my end for years, and since this infamous update, weirdly enough, everything still works the way it was.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Super Like 4

2 hours ago, Aorin said:

It was working flawlessly on my end for years, and since this infamous update, weirdly enough, everything still works the way it was.

I will certainly pass your complaint up the chain.. :)

• Haha 1
  • Super Like 1

9 hours ago, progets said:

I can't disagree.

HS 2.0 is overdue

HyperBase is overdue

Widescreen is overdue

Long standing controller bugs and loss of controler focus bugs have gone unfixed for years.

I still support the community but I have moved on too. My choice of new FE is different from agent47 but I do see him on another forum that I frequent. My cabinet still runs HS but it's time is limited (only because mine is too). The "Hype" was once real. Now the the "Hype" only seems to be hype.

Sorry guys but you now have a polished Model T. It will always be beautiful but everyone's seen it and it's lost most of its luster.

Yeah, there are more modern FE but let me tell a thing: I had friends got lost in xbmc/kodi just lo launch a movie but i've never seems someone got lost into hyperspin.Hyperspin is the mostly customizable FE and the most intuitive FE. The strong and weak point of HS is flash itself: you can do great things with it BUT performance is poor, so you need a beefy machine. Just an example: HS support yahoo! weather forecast, the software was never inteded to do so (obviously it support weather forecast as i did some as3 coding in the .swf).

HS probably could support 16:9 themes with little changes BUT themes would need to be redone, it's the same on every FE (at last if you want them to look GOOD) 

• Haha 1
  • Super Like 3

5 hours ago, dark13 said:

Yeah, there are more modern FE but let me tell a thing: I had friends got lost in xbmc/kodi just lo launch a movie.

LMFAO

Hard to believe it, but it's funny as hell.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aorin said:

LMFAO

Hard to believe it, but it's funny as hell.

Not joking. He was checking my movies collection, he launched a video then he returned to the menu without stopping the movie, in this case video runs in the background and everything started to crawl as the rig was underpowered (p4 3ghz, 1gb drr400, 9800gtx+, still ok for h264 1080p thanks to dvxa/cuda). At this point he didn't know how to stop the freaking video and was distressling floating trought the menus cursing lol.
Kodi is a great piece of software BUT it's not intuitive. Too many advanced user features even in kiosk mode.

Well to be honest I haven't paid for Hyperspin... 

I was blessed to be able to access things simply by giving back.

I find it still to be an amazing piece of software with so many possibilities still to be unlocked.

I am in no rush to move on, as it works. It works fast, and I can customize to the way I want not just have something the same as everyone else.

Sure there are a heap of features it could have to bring it forward for more simple platforms and walks of life. But its not targeted at people without at least some cognitive capacity and willingness to learn.

Hi guys

I have Hyperspin 1.4.0 in my laptop.

To update to latest versión (1.5.1), what i have to do?

Do I download the "Upgrade Only Download" (Upgrade files only - 42MB) drag and overwrite in the old version?

Or i have to download again the complete version (1.5.1 - 480MB) and start over again….

Please, help me to do it in the right way.

I have RocketLauncherUI  v1.0.1.10

Thanks!!

Hi guys
I have Hyperspin 1.4.0 in my laptop.
To update to latest versión (1.5.1), what i have to do?
Do I download the "Upgrade Only Download" (Upgrade files only - 42MB) drag and overwrite in the old version?
Or i have to download again the complete version (1.5.1 - 480MB) and start over again….
Please, help me to do it in the right way.
I have RocketLauncherUI  v1.0.1.10
Thanks!!
Yes. Simply overwrite the exe files with the ones from the update zip. Then you're good to go.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, tonesmalone said:

It would take someone literally a day to rewrite HS from scratch to support existing themes and widescreen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I concur.

15 hours ago, gigapig said:

I'm a paid up member like everyone else and I paid to be able to download the artwork I needed quickly and easily. My cab looks great and I can redownload the artwork anytime if something goes wrong. 

I didn't pay for Hyperspin as it's free, it works really well and does what I want it too. 

I don't wake up in the middle of the night worrying that a new version of Hyperspin hasn't been released,  that would get in the way of my wet dreams. If it does come out I'll take a look at it and decide if I want to use it. 

In the mean time I will feed the kids, work, play games and raw dog Mrs Pig. 

I don't need or want frequent updates. I do want bugs fixed, not being able to control HS without using a keyboard emulator or 3rd party software is a complete joke in 2018. It was a complete joke in 2014 and it will still be a complete joke in 2022. Thanks for the animated wheel... that can't be controlled natively.

Wake up in the middle of the night for an update? Rip Van Winkle hasn't missed a real HS version update.

15 hours ago, Aorin said:

Yeah, people should move on, there are other alternatives.

TonesMalone, this is not directly to you, it's just some words I often think of when I read people complaining about some stuff and it's not even directly only for Hyperspin.

There's a misconception of the word "old" in general, stating "old" as bad or useless is a general way of thinking.

Even technology, which is a field that gets "old" so fast, like, say, computers still relies on old stuff, just because they were great ideas to begin with.

Do you have a replacement on par with your old mouse or keyboard? Touch won't do. Decades come and go, and probably they will still be kicking in the next decades to come. I bet people still complains they don't like mice or keyboards, because they just want to complain about something. Satisfaction may be hard to achieve at times. So just move on to what can possibly do it for you. I often read people that aren't even satisfied with the new choices, so the problem is so close it can hardly be seen.

It seems that we're addicted to constant updating , yet we still play old games and find they amazing, again because they were great ideas and fun is fun, on 1920 or 2020. A lot of things break when constant updating happens, one of them is my patience. People are too much anxious and anxiety is not a good thing, blame it on constant updates.

Walk forward, plate and fork, paper, smile, breath, etc., the world is so old, how much old stuff! They'll always work for me, I love it.

I like old when it's provides benefit, quality, sentiment or beauty. I have antiques and collect several old things. There is a lot of truth to the saying, "They don't build things like the use to." On the other hand I have no use for a punch card computer.

I don't like broken and I never implied I want a ton or updates or to update often. In fact the number of updates on smart phones and their application is completely out of hand (I don't need my flash light app updated 10 times a week). With HS it's been several years with NO updates. A fix to work on Windows 10 is not an update, it's a bug fix. Let's call a spade a spade.

15 hours ago, Aorin said:

"Flawlessly" is a word I have never heard in the same sentence as HyperSpin unless it's prefixed with "does not work". My HS build works great but only after jumping through a ton of hoops and using a lot of 3rd party software. This was acceptable and normal 10 years ago but is just lazy in this day and age. Let's face it, the HS community has given more to HS in the past 5+ years than the HS development team (if there is one).

A few months back I decided that my HS build wasn't touched for 4+ years so I would update it. I quickly found that there really wasn't anything to update. I got a few new MAME themes and that was about it.

11 hours ago, dark13 said:

Yeah, there are more modern FE but let me tell a thing: I had friends got lost in xbmc/kodi just lo launch a movie but i've never seems someone got lost into hyperspin.Hyperspin is the mostly customizable FE and the most intuitive FE. The strong and weak point of HS is flash itself: you can do great things with it BUT performance is poor, so you need a beefy machine. Just an example: HS support yahoo! weather forecast, the software was never inteded to do so (obviously it support weather forecast as i did some as3 coding in the .swf).

HS probably could support 16:9 themes with little changes BUT themes would need to be redone, it's the same on every FE (at last if you want them to look GOOD) 

I love XBMC/Kodi but wouldn't use for gaming. I've have in the past and it's not up to the task. I use Kodi to launch other FEs (including HS)if I want to play games on my media center. Of course every media center uses 16:9 so HS isn't really practical here.

Not sure where you're going with the Yahoo Weather. I don't play video games outside so I don't know how knowing the weather helps. I also have windows in every room in my house so I can just look for myself. If you're implying that Flash a is good thing, I simply disagree for enough reasons that could fill a new thread.

4 hours ago, Rowr14 said:

Still a great front end for 4:3 (some of us still want to use a crt).

That's why I ended up here, and I don't regret the sub.

I can't disagree here. It's nice for with a CRT. I also don't regret the subscription. I've used HS for years and loved it. I still use it today but only on my cabinet.

----------

You can look at the forums and see how many people have questions, issues, problems, etc. It's about 100 fold of any other FE, trust me I've literally tried them all. You can also look at my posts on the forums and see that I've always helped people to get their setups fixed. I have very few posts about how things work or how I can get something to work. I'm not a new gamer, I'm not an inexperienced PC user, I've  be in the IT field for 20+ years and have no issue getting any piece of hardware or software to submit to my will. My point... if it looks like a duck, sounds like a duck and smells like a duck... it's probably a duck. You'd have to be a quack if you think HS is current, bug free or the best FE in any regard in 2018. I know you've all spent a ton of time on your HS builds and I have too. I have respect for that. When the rats start running off a ship it's time to go.

Don't get me wrong. I'll still pop in here because I like the forum and people. I'll still keep my HS build on my cabinet after it's no longer my primary FE. I'll switch to it from time-to-time and check for updates and come back here 10 years from now to reference this thread when it's still on version 1.x.

• Super Like 1

It just dawned on me that HS problems could be solved by releasing the code as open source. There has been no real development in years. It would fix issues in weeks as well as make improvements. Why not? Afraid of competing or afraid of not making money? Maybe there is more money to be made this way.

If you won't build it why not let others? You do know this 2018 and not 1980, right?

• Super Like 1

7 hours ago, progets said:
7 hours ago, progets said:

I love XBMC/Kodi but wouldn't use for gaming. I've have in the past and it's not up to the task. I use Kodi to launch other FEs (including HS)if I want to play games on my media center. Of course every media center uses 16:9 so HS isn't really practical here.

Not sure where you're going with the Yahoo Weather. I don't play video games outside so I don't know how knowing the weather helps. I also have windows in every room in my house so I can just look for myself. If you're implying that Flash a is good thing, I simply disagree for enough reasons that could fill a new thread.

Flash itself is terrible: it has framerate issue, performance issue, security issue but it allows as3 coding to add features. This is hyperspin, not kodi (info is pulled in real time from a .xml. not a simple pre-made .swf movie)

Kodi's layout is great for HTPC gaming FE BUT Rom Browser Collection has problem with huge games lists (mame). There's a good project for artwork and stuff but it is not really usable unless they haven't fixed the list loading problem and make systems/games browsing easier.

• Upvote 1

My two cents.

On the one hand, I completely understand the frustration some people have. My biggest annoyance is the lack of 16:9 support. TBH as soon as the dev(s) got wind of the community taking the time to 'convert' artwork from 4:3 to 16:9, steps should have been taken to add this. Now, as a result, I can almost guarantee you most people's setups are an odd mixture of 16:9 and 4:3 artwork. It's a mess, and it could have been prevented. I love the 4:3 themes way too much to give them up, and NO WAY am I taking the time to 'fix' what could be done by the devs.

But on the other hand, I didn't pay for HyperSpin. Not one dime. I paid for FTP access, sure, but the program itself was free. It's hard to have too much entitlement with that in mind. And also... if it took most of us 'months and months' to get our personal HyperSpin setups looking good, I can only imagine how long it takes for someone developing a frontend to give us all the ability to make it look and function even better.

As dated as HyperSpin is, it's still a valid frontend. It is not obsolete. It is still the flashiest frontend I've ever seen. It still impresses people.

I have a feeling that this is being worked on night and day. They want to blow us away when it's released... and on some level I really respect that.

• Like 3
  • Super Like 3

1 hour ago, SupraKarma said:

I can almost guarantee you most people's setups are an odd mixture of 16:9 and 4:3 artwork. It's a mess, and it could have been prevented.

The only way to "prevent" is creating a 4:3 theme and a 16:9 theme, background really needs 2 different assets as the "logic" of spacing is different :P . The problem is most themes were made before quick methods to support crisp looking 16:9 were discovered (basically you need to have flash to deal with the ratio conversion itself), so theme creators haven't done 16:9 themes.
Using Adobe flash and my .jsfl scripts it is possible to convert a theme to 16:9 without any knowledge of flash BUT backgrounds need to be redone.

• Like 1