Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Big Bang Pin - 46/30/15.6 LED Widebody (custom artwork, bezel less, deep playfield)

chriz99

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am really satisfied with the result!

We are too :P

Amazing job with even more amazing eye for detail and craftsmanship.

That mighty apparatus would be the eye catcher of the day when you'd display it at some pinball convention.

@thewool: this time I used cheaper "prolight RGB LEDs on star" for the flashers. No need for ultrabright crees due to the extra playfield flasherbar. I regulated the 150/350mA simply via resistors.

That's interesting... so for your strobe XM-Ls, have you wired them in parallel to what was your single stroboscope input on the LEDwiz? Or to several LEDwiz outputs and set the software so they are all triggered together?

I'm keen to know what sort of resistor you used to achieve the dersired 'strobe thrust' :) I'm just at the stage to wire my 5 x MC-Es in now and like the sound of your strobe array, not sure if it would fit all on one LEDwiz :hmmmm2:

Can't stop looking at that artwork by the way... it's delicious.

I wired 2 sets of 3 XM-L in a series (total 6 XM-L), so I can power them with 12VDC via a small constant current power board.

I use only 1 ledwiz output for all strobes. This ledwiz output simply switches an opto-relay, and the opto-relay switches the XM-L and the mini playfield strobe LEDs.

Thanks Chris - I get it, a separate board supplies the power, and the trigger comes from the LEDwiz via a relay...

I'm not going to control my buttons with LEDwiz so will have spare outputs.... so might try running 5 MC-Es and 4 XM-Ls through the LEDwiz. May I ask how many milliamps you are running through your main strobes?

Hey guys, thank you so much for your kind compliments. I really appreciate it! :beerglass:

At the moment I am configuring all the software, tables and mediapacks :motz:

Did short vids in the meantime of some cabinet details, like my "magnetic coinbox" :D, the pc/component drawer, backbox service door and some stuff on the bottom side of the cab.

jzJBQxQu05g

Chris, have you had a chance to test your new PF surround sound yet?

I had a thought... How cool would it be to separate the Pinmame emulation from the VP effects. You could then run a separate sound card for each output, emitting the VP effects from speakers under the PF, and Pinmame effects solely from the backbox.

There is a program called Indievolume which allows you to separate sounds from different exe's and output them to a specific installed soundcard. But I tested it and unfortunately it doesn't recognise Pinmame as a separate program, probably because it is a dll :(

yes, I tested it already. It's an inexpensive and easy way to improve the weak pinball sound.

gives a nice effect when you hear the sound also from the cabinets body. IMO you don't need to split the sound. simply run it parallel (stereo upmix), so you have pinmame AND visualpinball sounds from the backbox and from the body.

Archived