Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Big Bang Pin - 46/30/15.6 LED Widebody (custom artwork, bezel less, deep playfield)

chriz99

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a friend did the job. he is the wizard of steel (works at a metalworking company) :D

I got some information how he did it. he need about 60 mins for a lockbar (with some mechanical toys)

-120 sand

-240 sand

-400 sand

-800 sand

-blue polish paste finish

no clearcoating. my backbox hinges are also made of stainless steel, so I don't have to worry about rust.

a friend did the job. he is the wizard of steel (works at a metalworking company) :D

I got some information how he did it. he need about 60 mins for a lockbar (with some mechanical toys)

-120 sand

-240 sand

-400 sand

-800 sand

-blue polish paste finish

no clearcoating. my backbox hinges are also made of stainless steel, so I don't have to worry about rust.

It does sound like a fairly significant amount of work - but the results look really nice!

Chris,

it doesn't look like you decased the backglass monitor. Are the inside dimensions standard 90's William BB?

Wonderful job by the way. I currently own 3 pins and an old Rollergames cabinet which will become my virtual pin.

The artwork alone would make even a bad cabinet look amazing, and your detail on the build just makes it the crown jewel of cabinets right now.

What are the pros of using mercury switches for nudge instead of the Nanotech Mot-Ion accelerometer?

Bublehead (yes, the same one who did all the early work with VP)

hey bublehead, thanks for your kind words :beer:

the inside dimensions are standard 90's bally/williams, but I routed a slot sideways - so you can hide the bezel of the monitor. the monitor is a public display with an already small bezel.

mercury switches are low at price, easy to install and to adjust, but they are just digital - they simply react like a nudge button.

I am experimenting with an microsoft sidewinder joypad (with built in analog/tilt sensors) - so you can nudge with different intensity.

afaik the nanotech board uses a similar tilt-sensor.

I was always thinking along the lines of a slider pot used in a way to give plunger intensity. I haven't gone too far with it yet but when the time comes for the electrical side of my pincab I plan to investigate until I've got a sensitive plunger. It's a MUST IMO, and I'm surprised there isn't already such a thing!

2011-10-23%25252018h49_19.png

RETURN TO YOUR HOME... A STORM IS COMING!!!

I always loved the fan on the whirlwind pin - now it's time to integrate this awesome feature in our virtual machines.

140mm fans from scythe (with 120mm mounting holes) are the perfect fit for a standard wpc95 speakerpanel. These black fans are nearly invisible and the "force feedback" of the wind gives a really nice experience!

2011-10-23%25252018h47_45.png

I am thinking of original whirlwind fan emulation and other cool custom effects like some wind when the rocket hits the ufo on Attack from Mars or when the old bookshelf on Addams Family rotates.... unlimited possibilites with our rom controlled ledwiz!

do you see the fans? :D:reddy: there is also no problem with the speaker behind fan... the sound gets simply through

DSC03055%252520%252528Gro%2525C3%25259F%252529.JPG

DSC03056%252520%252528Gro%2525C3%25259F%252529.JPG

DSC03057%252520%252528Gro%2525C3%25259F%252529.JPG

Gosh darn it! The fans were in my design, but I haven't gotten to it in time! Copyright infringement!!

Does the sound get chopped up from the fans?

Grumble grumble....

I still have a few other ideas!

This is also my next gear upgrade.

Nice that I went for solid buttons so I have 3 outputs in store! :D

What more idead do you got inside yer noggin Spektre??

During gameplay I get massive amounts of stutter when my ledwiz flashers go off. This stutter appears only with flashers, all other toys like solenoids are working stutterfree.

It's really odd, because on my old system everything runs absolutely stutterfree.

Got some infos from DeeGor - maybe it's the way you start VP. If he starts VP directly he gets flasher stutter. Started via hyperpin = no stutter. It's a mad world :D

I will test it soon on my system.

Any other hints are welcome :reddy::deal:

Yeah, it's a very strange issue.

It is definitely an problem with the flashers as I can disable them in the ledwiz config file and all the tables work stutter free with my force feedback. The minute I enabled the flashers the tables became unplayable. It's just so odd that if I start a table via Hyperpin rather than the editor that everything, including flashers, works perfectly.

My older setup never had this issue with the same ledwiz and flashers, so I'm wondering if it is somehow related to either my new video card or the new video driver I am using.

The first thing that comes to mind for me is power. Are the CREEs drawing a little more power than the LEDWiz can stand, and thus the LEDWiz is resetting, causing the PC to lose the LEDWiz for a moment, which would generate a delay for Windows as it tries to communicate with it?

I know that before I put the diodes on my contactors, everytime they engaged, the LEDWiz would reset due to the back flow of power when the coil was de-energized. That caused everything to pause and stutter like crazy. Perhaps an excessive power draw on the LEDWiz would do the same kind of resetting?

It might be worth checking the power draw of the lighting setup. It might just be under full load, or only the strobes (if they're not firing through a relay - and is that relay maybe causing a reset issue because it doesn't have a diode on it?), or something.

Why things would change when launched from HyperPin is a total mystery, though. I have no explanation for that, other than maybe it's a fluke. Have you tried it more than once with the same table to ensure it wasn't just a lucky attempt via HyperPin vs VP alone? I can't think of any reason why HyperPin being in the mix should matter - unless you're using my little FPLaunch mod and it's resetting the LEDWiz ahead of time and that's making it happy somehow? Weird.

Yeah, it's a very strange issue.

It is definitely an problem with the flashers as I can disable them in the ledwiz config file and all the tables work stutter free with my force feedback. The minute I enabled the flashers the tables became unplayable. It's just so odd that if I start a table via Hyperpin rather than the editor that everything, including flashers, works perfectly.

My older setup never had this issue with the same ledwiz and flashers, so I'm wondering if it is somehow related to either my new video card or the new video driver I am using.

For me, I had the exact same thing, until I dumped win7 and went xp. 32 and 64 bit I didn't get the issue.

For me, I had the exact same thing, until I dumped win7 and went xp. 32 and 64 bit I didn't get the issue.

Also weird. I have no issues with the LEDWiz and Windows 7 x64. A couple of speed issues with HyperPin, but everything else is working good for me.

Everyone's setup is different, though, so there might be something I did without being aware of it that solved the problem for me.

It doesn't seem like a power issue as it works flawlessly under hyperpin. I've done a lot of testing, because this issue has been bugging the hell out of me. I've tried it on nearly every rom based table I have and it's always the same. Works great if I launch from hyperpin, but stutters like hell if I launch directly from the vp editor. I also didn't have this issue when I was running with my GTX 260, and that was using the same flasher setup. I'm thinking it may be more of a video card/driver issue.

Currently I'm running 270.61 drivers with a GTX 560 ti under Windows XP 32bit.

Could be - but even then, why would it work fine under HyperPin? What is HyperPin doing that is solving the problem, I wonder?

Is it possible that Hyperpin starts VP in a different way, lets say without the editor options or something like that ?

Or could it be the cabinet dll we are using ?

I must say i do not notice the different, i also sometimes have stutter, but it seems alway as the RGB leds get fired. My guess is that the PWM slows things down very much.

The first thing that comes to mind for me is power. Are the CREEs drawing a little more power than the LEDWiz can stand, and thus the LEDWiz is resetting, causing the PC to lose the LEDWiz for a moment, which would generate a delay for Windows as it tries to communicate with it?

That can be cut out very easy, just leave the config the way it is, with RGB leds and disconnect the CREE's from the LEDwiz, if there is still stutter the CREEs are not the problem. Otherwise: Eureka !! ;)

Archived