Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Big Bang Pin - 46/30/15.6 LED Widebody (custom artwork, bezel less, deep playfield)

chriz99

Chris approaching his cab. Safety firts! :D (watch for the built in headlight. Handy! Aswell as the mobile ini keyboard and toolbox pocket sidearm)

Bomb%20Squad%20002.jpg

• Replies 803
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing build! You should be quite proud of this cab Chriz..

Could you please tell me what the measurements of the playfield's depth are? From the top of the monitor to the top of the cab's side panels. Also how do you think a regular LCD screen would go being lowered in a cab? Would you say it's best to leave it for LED panels only?

Thanks dude.

Jason

playfield depth is approximately 4" rear and 3/4" front. a regular LCD will not fit in a standard widebody cabinet, because they are too wide. only the samsung UE LED series (so far) has the perfect size to fit in the routed slots of a widebody cabinet.

@Chris ... I'm just getting started in my plight to pinball doom. You have a lot of great resources out there and I've been skimming and reading in my spare time.

I have a quick question on your latest post though ... the TV ... I cannot find online that model anywhere ... I'm not sure if they are the same, but do you know if the UN versions are the same? Samsung UN46D6000 ? I would hate to buy a tv ... decase it and find it doesn't fit ...

ALSO

I was reviewing the Layout dimmensions that you posted, and comparing them with the ones from MAMEMAN... and they are fairly different from each other. CAn I ask which plans you went with for this project? (the ones in that PDF that MAMEMAN had or the ones referenced in your FAQ)?

Thanks!

playfield depth is approximately 4" rear and 3/4" front. a regular LCD will not fit in a standard widebody cabinet, because they are too wide. only the samsung UE LED series (so far) has the perfect size to fit in the routed slots of a widebody cabinet.

You might also check the Toshiba UX series which is also less wide than a standard 46". It'd be interesting if you could measure the diagonal on your set Chris as for a 16:9 46" TV, I think just the VIEWING area is too large to fit in a standard widebody cabinet. These must be a bit shy of a full 46" diagonal.

@Chris ... I'm just getting started in my plight to pinball doom. You have a lot of great resources out there and I've been skimming and reading in my spare time.

I have a quick question on your latest post though ... the TV ... I cannot find online that model anywhere ... I'm not sure if they are the same, but do you know if the UN versions are the same? Samsung UN46D6000 ? I would hate to buy a tv ... decase it and find it doesn't fit ...

ALSO

I was reviewing the Layout dimmensions that you posted, and comparing them with the ones from MAMEMAN... and they are fairly different from each other. CAn I ask which plans you went with for this project? (the ones in that PDF that MAMEMAN had or the ones referenced in your FAQ)?

Thanks!

UN and UE should be the same (just different model names for different markets, like europe/usa). I think mameman uses the UN46D6xxx (newer D series). I use the UE46C6xxx (older C series). Both should fit.

I used mamemans widebody layout plans as a base. Are there differences to my plans?

You might also check the Toshiba UX series which is also less wide than a standard 46". It'd be interesting if you could measure the diagonal on your set Chris as for a 16:9 46" TV, I think just the VIEWING area is too large to fit in a standard widebody cabinet. These must be a bit shy of a full 46" diagonal.

thanks for the toshiba model, it looks good!. now we just need some volunteers for testing :D

what do you mean with the diagonal of the 46"? each 46" screen should have the same "viewing" diagonal.

I used mamemans widebody layout plans as a base. Are there differences to my plans?

As far as the plans, yes they are a bit off in each area (for the most part).

Your plans here:

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showpost.php?p=76476&postcount=278

vs.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8239&highlight=mameman+plans

Example ...

Back Height - 60.5cm vs 595 mm (off by 10mm)

Backbox lenght - 18cm vs 150 mm (off by 30mm)

Length - 130.5cm vs 1310 mm (close ... but off by 5mm)

Width body - 62.5cm vs 594mm (off by 31 mm)

Pretty much all the dimensions (with few exceptions) are off a bit here and a bit there...

With respect to everyone else who has build really awesome cabs, I really dig your latest build and want to emulate it as close as I can ... but I wanted to clarify which dimensions you actually used, as the difference in width could potentially mean the difference between fitting the 46" tv or not. If you built it off of Mamemans plans, then no biggie, but if you build it off of yours I'd like to do the same.

Thanks!

@kronic24601, you need to pay attention to the measurements and how the cab is built. My 594mm width is the width of the bottom of the cab which fits inside of the 2 sides. So you need to add another 36mm to that to account for the sides so total width of the cab would be 630mm as I show on the plans if you look at the front panel. This pretty much matches chris's 62.5cm

Similar with your other observation.

@kronic24601, you need to pay attention to the measurements and how the cab is built. My 594mm width is the width of the bottom of the cab which fits inside of the 2 sides. So you need to add another 36mm to that to account for the sides so total width of the cab would be 630mm as I show on the plans if you look at the front panel. This pretty much matches chris's 62.5cm

Similar with your other observation.

Hmm ... I see. I'll have to do a closer comparison with the diagrams and the actual build ups. I'm guessing that complete accuracy must not be needed ... as I'm building this in a 3D Google sketch-up model and not everything lines up with the provided numbers ...

For example 3/4" plywood is actually only 11/16" or 17.4625 mm ... so technically adding the two sides of plywood to the width would add 34.925 mm to the total ...

Once the 3D model is done I'd be more than happy to share it with the community, I'd just want to make sure it all matches up ... I'll post some questions on your thread about your model

Hi Chris

Incredible build. What are your thoughts of changing the vp tables inclination and layback to maximize the depth effect?

thanks jp!

you have to check the inclination thread at vpforums. there are some awesome possibilities with inclination/layback (check out funhouse, attack from mars and totan)- it's the right way and it looks fantastic in the cabinets.

@Chris

Quick q ... Reading your forum I see that "Darkfall" has referenced using the LCD at 6degrees and the glass at 8, but I never caught what you did. Do you recall? Just checking the angles ...

UPDATE: ... hmm while reviewing your images it doesn't seem like Chris's playing field could possibly be @ 6 degrees .. or if it is, then the whole playing field must be down farther... which means the buttons would be as well, etc... now I'm really intrigued.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

wolfsoft offers at the moment some cool shaker bundles for a special discount price!

check out his thread at http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15300

-----------------------------------------

bundle 1

1x shaker (95Euro)

1x Dual Bridge for make it work with ledwiz (40Euro)

bundle price 80Euro + 20Euro international shipping (your discount 55Euro)

bundle 2

1x shaker (95Euro)

1x Dual Bridge for make it work with ledwiz (40Euro)

1x LedWiz with special wire to make the DualBridge and shaker working (60Euro)

bundle price 120Euro + 20Euro international shipping (your discount 75Euro)

If you want a bundle contact me including your complete adress at [email protected]

-----------------------------------------

Hi Chris,

I have a small question for you regarding the mercury switches you're using in your Pin.

I have difficulties to find them in Germany, and I remember that you've mentioned a web site where to get them a long time ago, but couldn't find your message...

Any recommendation for me?

Thank you in advance.

And again, congrats for your amazing cab!

Hi Chris,

I have a small question for you regarding the mercury switches you're using in your Pin.

I have difficulties to find them in Germany, and I remember that you've mentioned a web site where to get them a long time ago, but couldn't find your message...

Any recommendation for me?

Thank you in advance.

And again, congrats for your amazing cab!

Thank you Chriz,

These switches will go in my WIP Taito Cab, Lokesen Style.

I was hesitating a lot between building a Pinball or an Arcade cab, but space is not unlimited in my flat, so I've decided to go for the Arcade for the time being.

But the compromise is to be able to play my favourite tables in the Cab, so I'll see how the switches will react in the cab. Not sure if this has been done before, let's see...

Also, you raised the bar so high that I'd prefer to practice my wood working skills on something else before building the Pin :)

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

2011-10-23%25252018h49_19.png

RETURN TO YOUR HOME... A STORM IS COMING!!!

I always loved the fan on the whirlwind pin - now it's time to integrate this awesome feature in our virtual machines.

140mm fans from scythe (with 120mm mounting holes) are the perfect fit for a standard wpc95 speakerpanel. These black fans are nearly invisible and the "force feedback" of the wind gives a really nice experience!

2011-10-23%25252018h47_45.png

I am thinking of original whirlwind fan emulation and other cool custom effects like some wind when the rocket hits the ufo on Attack from Mars or when the old bookshelf on Addams Family rotates.... unlimited possibilites with our rom controlled ledwiz!

do you see the fans? :D:reddy: there is also no problem with the speaker behind fan... the sound gets simply through

DSC03055%252520%252528Gro%2525C3%25259F%252529.JPG

DSC03056%252520%252528Gro%2525C3%25259F%252529.JPG

DSC03057%252520%252528Gro%2525C3%25259F%252529.JPG

Archived