Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Real DMD's In Pinball Cabs

H4CK3R

• 3 weeks later...
i only supply the pinDMD board not the display, what display you get is up to you :)

but id stay away from the plasma range as they need nasty voltages to work. you are much better off using the LED vishay range :) as they run off just 5v.

more info at www.pindmd.com :)

Does anyone know where do get the Vishay DMD's now, preferably in the US? I found them previously at Future Electronics, but they don't show up anymore.

They don't have any in-stock, but you can still order them. I just placed an order a few weeks ago. It's going to take like 2-3 months to arrive ... so that's a concern ... but I'm not in a rush as I have a #!@# load of other projects I'm working on.

Help a noob out please, on the top two on that page I can see that one is orange and one is red. What's the real difference with the bottom two? It shows less info there.

I've never been a huge pinball fan but the table projects I've been seeing are getting me interested, it would be a great companion for an arcade cabinet. So I take it the orange DMD's are considered preferred/more authentic? Is it really worth the ~$100 difference?

help a noob out please, on the top two on that page i can see that one is orange and one is red. What's the real difference with the bottom two? It shows less info there.

I've never been a huge pinball fan but the table projects i've been seeing are getting me interested, it would be a great companion for an arcade cabinet. So i take it the orange dmd's are considered preferred/more authentic? Is it really worth the ~$100 difference?

imho, yes!

Orange ones that have been for sale are brighter then the red and the red ones are segmented into sections and are not all lined up perfect (at least I've seen some that aren't). There are 2 models for each (orange and red) that have different brightnesses. When researching it seemed the Orange were the bright variety and the red were the dimmer variety so the combination of differences might explain the large price difference.